Page 105 of 198 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

So then I wasn't too far off:
    Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Maybe this universe Joker is a zombie or something, explains the pale skin
    But I'm not counting on Jerome coming back. Like Fish, sure there's a slight chance but probably not.

It's a testament to the actor that so many people went from not wanting a backstory for Joker to being upset it won't be Jerome.

BANNED

It's a testament to the actor that so many people went from not wanting a backstory for Joker to being upset it won't be Jerome.
    The weird thing is how many people have said - continue to say - that no one can do Joker better so it should not be anyone else...all the while comparing him favorably to several other actors who've successfully done the role.

Monaghan did the role well, but it was hardly groundbreaking or a definitive interpretation.

Jerome plays a part in the origin of the Joker (who will be a single person) but we are, I would guess, years from seeing that person emerge, let alone cast. And when it happens, I suspect it will be much more complicated than Joker being "inspired" by Jerome or anyone else who comes after him.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't think Monaghan was called upon to do a "groundbreaking" interpretation of the Joker like Heath Ledger did. This is a somewhat off-the-wall TV series, not a Christopher Nolan think piece. In that context... and with the assumption that the character would recur occasionally and not be an every-week thing... I'm not sure anyone could do a better job than Monaghan did. "Real person who transforms himself into a terrifying cartoon of evil" is what was called for, and what he delivered.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Untouchables: Gotham?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Mighty Member

That was a heck of a slap Alfred gave to Selina. Ouch!!!!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

- I felt bad for Selina
    - Jerome was phenomenally talented and interesting. We lose him. Theo Galavan reminds me of Phil from Modern Family and Tigress puts me to sleep yet we keep them? I feel we definitely got the short end of the stick here with the talent.
    - So Theo Galavan is working for Emperor Palpatine?
    - I know Penguin is spineless but wouldn't it make more sense to send Zsaz after Galavan instead?
    - Firefly!

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That was a heck of a slap Alfred gave to Selina. Ouch!!!!
    Looked like a punch, actually, but not a hard one. Didn't even knock her down. He's a special forces vet... if he'd really hit her she'd still be lying there.

I'm sure he realized that's all the revenge Reggie was worth.

So does Victor Zsasz think he has a bulletproof force field around him?

Looks like Barnes and his strike force are pulled from the headlines... eventually they'll get too gung-ho and start killing people in the street over minor offenses, and that will be Barnes's downfall. Gordon will replace him.

Would be a good story development if Barnes finds out Gordon killed that gangster, and instead of punishing him congratulates him for taking out the trash... and that attitude will be what convinces Gordon that Barnes has to go.

Ed Nygma's date with Miss Kringle was just bizarre... "It's OK... I'm a schizophrenic." "Oh, that's so romantic."

Incredible Member

I know, right?
    I hear voices and may've murdered your ex, sorry for ruining the mood.
    Kringle: The moods not completely ruined.

That's ...... not healthy, Kristen. Her character seems to lack such awareness except in hindsight, so par for the course.
    Somebody having something over on Penguin was an unexpected turn and is utilizing the endangered mother plotline way better than season 1. Frankly, I liked season 1, but it had issues. Season 2 feels very much like the season 1 we deserved.
    And I like Theo, the bland do-gooder front hiding the evil mastermind, it's like Flanders as satan on the simpsons, the contrast really works.

All in all, another great episode with the introduction of Nathaniel Barnes and the strike team. Gotham is on a roll this season and firefly next week looks to be continuing that trend

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    I know, right?
    I hear voices and may've murdered your ex, sorry for ruining the mood.
    Kringle: The moods not completely ruined.

That's ...... not healthy, Kristen. Her character seems to lack such awareness except in hindsight, so par for the course.
    It would be interesting if she turns out to be crazy, too. I think Miss Kringle is going to end up as Riddler's main henchwoman/girlfriend. The villains in the Adam West series often had them.

The final scene with Penguin... the profile shot of him screaming in anguish... was very effective. I'm afraid his mother is going to get killed off and push him to new levels of nastiness. It would be a total fridging, but after Fish Mooney and Commissioner Essen it would be par for the course.

I wonder where they're going with Selina. Most likely she'll be the one who figures out Silver St. Cloud is a honeytrap and "extracts" Bruce.

DAMN! I wasn't expecting that slap. Maybe this will be where the seeds are set for Selina's future affection for Bruce, and we'll finally get more development from her.

Question about the preview for next week's episode:

spoilers:
    Was that Sid Bunderslaw getting stabbed by Tigress?

I'm aching to see the corrupt Wayne Enterprises board of executives get wiped out. Which, seeing as Galavan implied he was going to "help" Bruce solve the mystery of his parents murder, which the board members presumably had a part in, that may finally come into play.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It would be interesting if she turns out to be crazy, too. I think Miss Kringle is going to end up as Riddler's main henchwoman/girlfriend. The villains in the Adam West series often had them.
    Query or Echo, perhaps?
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 10-12-2015 at 09:32 PM.

BANNED

Kristin Kringle? Really? Was that the first time we found out her fist name? I can't recall having heard it before.

Chiklis made a hell of a first impression. Did I hear him call the black female recruit "Josie"? So is she supposed to be Josie Mac (MacDonald) the psychic cop from the pre-52 Batman comics?
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-12-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Phenomenal episode. They actually brought in the effing commish:

Great casting and nostalgia, even though most of the whippersnappers viewing have no idea what that connection was. I was born in 82 and only just barely have memories of that show (never really watched it).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Phenomenal episode. They actually brought in the effing commish:

Great casting and nostalgia, even though most of the whippersnappers viewing have no idea what that connection was. I was born in 82 and only just barely have memories of that show (never really watched it).
    He's not the Commish, he's a straight arrow Vic Mackey

So then I wasn't too far off:

But I'm not counting on Jerome coming back. Like Fish, sure there's a slight chance but probably not.

Read below

spoilers:

Count on it:

During the Warner Bros. Television panel at New York Comic-Con, Gotham executive producer and writer John Stephens responded to a fan's plead to bring back Jerome (Cameron Monaghan), who was seemingly killed off the show in last week's episode, by teasing his possible return.

"If you watch the episodes closely, as they go forward this year you'll start seeing the seeds of the way that story will continue to develop," Stephens said. "And we probably have not seen the last of that fellow."

end of spoilers

Last edited by Majesty; 10-13-2015 at 05:59 AM.

I found the Penguin story a bit of a stretch. he is the head of the largest criminal org in Gotham. But a crazy rich guy with only his sister as protection kidnaps his mom and he does what he says.
    How about the unstoppable Zsazz grabs them both, tortures them to get his mom and then kills them.