Page 106 of 198 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

As I feared we are back to the slow trudge that seems status quo for the show. We are back to worrying about someone in GCPD taking down Gordan like last season. The big bad under estimating Penguine and making him their errand boy just like last season. And teases about minor villains appearing like last season. And a love interest for Bruce just like last season. The show really squandered all its momentum rapidly. At this point the only thing I'm looking forward to is Penguin turning the tables on our atrociously hamfisted mustache twirling villian who could wear a sign that says I'm the bad guy and be less obvious about his villiany.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I found the Penguin story a bit of a stretch. he is the head of the largest criminal org in Gotham. But a crazy rich guy with only his sister as protection kidnaps his mom and he does what he says.
    Penguin has an overconfidence problem. He should have moved his mother somewhere safer. Wouldn't have been too hard to come up with an explanation for the move that didn't involve admitting he was a criminal mastermind.

Also, having figured out the kind of ultraviolence Theo and Tabitha are capable of, he mouths off to them and rudely refuses them right in the middle of their lair, with no backup in sight. Since Penguin took over the Gotham underworld through doing nothing more than getting rid of the other dons, why wouldn't the Galavans just kill him and replace him with somebody who's already in their pocket?

I'm still puzzled by the Butch situation. He tells Penguin in this episode "I know I have to do what you say..." as if he's still under some kind of compulsion, but on whose authority? Don Falcone is out of the picture, and Victor Zsasz is working for Penguin now. I really hope we get an explanation someday of what happened there.

It really is pretty sad to see future Master Detective Bruce Wayne getting taken in so easily by an actor as bad as Theo Galavan.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Penguin has an overconfidence problem. He should have moved his mother somewhere safer. Wouldn't have been too hard to come up with an explanation for the move that didn't involve admitting he was a criminal mastermind.

Also, having figured out the kind of ultraviolence Theo and Tabitha are capable of, he mouths off to them and rudely refuses them right in the middle of their lair, with no backup in sight. Since Penguin took over the Gotham underworld through doing nothing more than getting rid of the other dons, why wouldn't the Galavans just kill him and replace him with somebody who's already in their pocket?

I'm still puzzled by the Butch situation. He tells Penguin in this episode "I know I have to do what you say..." as if he's still under some kind of compulsion, but on whose authority? Don Falcone is out of the picture, and Victor Zsasz is working for Penguin now. I really hope we get an explanation someday of what happened there.

It really is pretty sad to see future Master Detective Bruce Wayne getting taken in so easily by an actor as bad as Theo Galavan.
    Butch got hypnotized or re-educated last season. That's what he is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Butch got hypnotized or re-educated last season. That's what he is referring to.
    I know, but supposedly he got hypnotized by (or under the supervision of) Victor, on behalf of Don Falcone. The reason given was so that he would be forced to use his experience to Penguin's benefit and thereby increase the revenues at the nightclub.

Now Falcone is gone, Victor works for Penguin, and Penguin owns the nightclub. So now that the reasoning behind Butch's reprogramming is gone, how is it being reenforced in Butch's mind?

The whole "Butch hypnotized" thing was always a goofy and implausible storyline, anyway. Who hypnotized him? Did Falcone have someone on payroll who could do that? In just a few days' time, with no signs of physical torture? And leaving the subject actually aware of his own hypnotism?

But something must have happened. Otherwise why would Butch not either backstab Penguin in revenge for Fish, or just leave town to avoid working for a man he always held in contempt?

Weird. Almost as weird as Victor marching down an alley in the open into the gunfire of an entire SWAT team, and then say "Unexpected!" when he gets hit... I can't think of anything more expected, actually. I fully expected him to get killed in that scene, but it would have been too much to lose him and Jerome in consecutive episodes.

It might be funny if Bruce bases his "billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" persona off Galavan's performance though .

Anybody notice that Pru from "Blade Runner" appears to be a member of Penguin's gang? I thought that was amusing.

BANNED

Well, the key word there is "future." Right now he's just a kid who knows very little about how the world really works, so it's no surprise to see a practiced manipulator like Galavan get the better of him. That said though, Galavan introducing Bruce to his "niece" Silver was quite possibly the most obvious attempt at a honeypot gambit in the history of hormones.

Ultimate Member

I know, but supposedly he got hypnotized by (or under the supervision of) Victor, on behalf of Don Falcone. The reason given was so that he would be forced to use his experience to Penguin's benefit and thereby increase the revenues at the nightclub.

Now Falcone is gone, Victor works for Penguin, and Penguin owns the nightclub. So now that the reasoning behind Butch's reprogramming is gone, how is it being reenforced in Butch's mind?

The whole "Butch hypnotized" thing was always a goofy and implausible storyline, anyway. Who hypnotized him? Did Falcone have someone on payroll who could do that? In just a few days' time, with no signs of physical torture? And leaving the subject actually aware of his own hypnotism?
    I don't think Butch is hypnotized so much as Vic did some 'work' on him, and Butch just doesn't want to go through that again. Given how vicious Vic is, that's easy to understand

Anybody notice that Pru from "Blade Runner" appears to be a member of Penguin's gang? I thought that was amusing.
    Yeah, four of them. And some dude with an eyepatch that looks like Deadshot from Arrow.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm not sure what's happening with Bruce in school. He is just being aloof or is there some Japanese style bulling going on?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Kristin Kringle? Really? Was that the first time we found out her fist name? I can't recall having heard it before
    Ed had a whole thing last season, telling her he'd like her parents since he got named E. Nygma and she was saddled with Kris Kringle. I think it may be part of why he likes her or not. I had wondered if her holiday name could mean she's related to Calendar Man or the Holiday Killer (one suspect was Gilda Gold who later married Harvey Dent).

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I found the Penguin story a bit of a stretch. he is the head of the largest criminal org in Gotham.
    I think Penguin's grip over his empire isn't that strong, hence all the infighting between the groups.

Weird. Almost as weird as Victor marching down an alley in the open into the gunfire of an entire SWAT team, and then say "Unexpected!" when he gets hit... I can't think of anything more expected, actually.
    Expected to us maybe, I thought the new kids were just canon fodder so it wasn't expected to me Also, like Penguin has Victor has an ego.

It was kind of like "Warriors" each gang had a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, the key word there is "future." Right now he's just a kid who knows very little about how the world really works, so it's no surprise to see a practiced manipulator like Galavan get the better of him. That said though, Galavan introducing Bruce to his "niece" Silver was quite possibly the most obvious attempt at a honeypot gambit in the history of hormones.
    She seems sweet enough that it might be her being used as much as him. Maybe Bruce's confidence in Theo getting shattered eventually is what cements his "people suck" philosophy of later in life and pushes him more to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Expected to us maybe, I thought the new kids were just canon fodder so it wasn't expected to me
    Well hell, *I* could have hit him under those circumstances.

Penguin should have jumped up on the table and yelled "Caaaaan you diiiiiig it?"

Maybe it'll inspire Penguin to start using tuxedo-themed hencheman/goons ?

Incredible Member

I loved this episode, for me it started to make up for losing Jerome last week.

Chiklis was AWESOME! Nuff said. I don't know what roads his character will end up going down but he couldn't have made a better entrance.

It appears Selina is not working for Penguin anymore (?). Her reaction to Alfred hitting her gave her more character development than she's had in a long time, and with her hardly having to even say anything. I mean she actually cried, and that really surprised me.

I was also surprised to see Silver St. Cloud introduced. Thanks to Kevin Smith I can't help but think of her as the woman Batman eventually proposes to in outer space. She's been a great character in the comics and I hope the show doesn't change that too much.

The one really implausible thing is that if a drive-by shooting happens at a press conference, it would not resume like business as usual mere seconds after the car is out of sight. I guess I'll overlook it though, because to me this was the first really stellar episode of this season.

(Gotta say one more thing though, not about the show but about FOX's online player. Is anyone having trouble with it? For me it's been ridiculously bad since this season started- looking grainy, herky-jerky, the video freezing for several seconds while the audio continues, etc. And the commercials are even worse. It's not my computer because other shows that I watch on it are just fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I was also surprised to see Silver St. Cloud introduced. Thanks to Kevin Smith I can't help but think of her as the woman Batman eventually proposes to in outer space. She's been a great character in the comics and I hope the show doesn't change that too much.
    What I want to know is, does she know about Theo's true nature? Does she know she's being used to manipulate Bruce? Is she a good Silver or a bad Silver? And if she's a bad Silver, will she stay that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    The one really implausible thing is that if a drive-by shooting happens at a press conference, it would not resume like business as usual mere seconds after the car is out of sight.
    I was thinking that too... an Al Capone style drive-by, and seconds later everything is back to normal as if it had been a really strong gust of wind. Theo is as bad a director as he is an actor. Lucky for him the people of Gotham are so deeply and profoundly stupid.