Page 107 of 198 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

I have a hard time believing Penguine would be so spineless. He stood up two Mafia dons and has a criminal empire at his disposal. Are we really expected to believe he'd be intimidated by a millionaire and his two goons? He could whips them out in the blink of an eye. And it's very odd that his mother was used as leverage last season and he didn't miss a beat now he's paralyzed with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I have a hard time believing Penguine would be so spineless. He stood up two Mafia dons and has a criminal empire at his disposal. Are we really expected to believe he'd be intimidated by a millionaire and his two goons? He could whips them out in the blink of an eye. And it's very odd that his mother was used as leverage last season and he didn't miss a beat now he's paralyzed with fear.
    This time he doesn't know where she is, he's not familiar with the Galavans and his mom will very likely be killed even if does kill the Galavans.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Looked like a punch, actually, but not a hard one. Didn't even knock her down. He's a special forces vet... if he'd really hit her she'd still be lying there.

I'm sure he realized that's all the revenge Reggie was worth.

So does Victor Zsasz think he has a bulletproof force field around him?

Looks like Barnes and his strike force are pulled from the headlines... eventually they'll get too gung-ho and start killing people in the street over minor offenses, and that will be Barnes's downfall. Gordon will replace him.

Would be a good story development if Barnes finds out Gordon killed that gangster, and instead of punishing him congratulates him for taking out the trash... and that attitude will be what convinces Gordon that Barnes has to go.

Ed Nygma's date with Miss Kringle was just bizarre... "It's OK... I'm a schizophrenic." "Oh, that's so romantic."
    This is a man who last season walked into the GCPD and ordered everyone out like he owned the place. That he is not as untouchable as hence was might take some getting used to.

I think Kringle's response was supposed to imply she had her own issues with mental illness or knew someone who did.

While it would've been nice to see Essen taking this kind of initiative, I do like this new energy Chiklis brings and how he sized up Gordon (and casually calling out his relationship with Lee as well).

It would be interesting if she turns out to be crazy, too. I think Miss Kringle is going to end up as Riddler's main henchwoman/girlfriend. The villains in the Adam West series often had them.
    My thoughts exactly, but they need to build up to it. I like Nygma openly admitting his idealized self gives him "pep talks", which doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way. Considering the guys she has dated and what she sees at work, I figure Miss Kringle may find this side of Eddie exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Chiklis made a hell of a first impression. Did I hear him call the black female recruit "Josie"? So is she supposed to be Josie Mac (MacDonald) the psychic cop from the pre-52 Batman comics?
    I didn't catch that, but that'd be cool if she was (even if they leave out the psychic stuff).

The whole "Butch hypnotized" thing was always a goofy and implausible storyline, anyway. Who hypnotized him? Did Falcone have someone on payroll who could do that? In just a few days' time, with no signs of physical torture? And leaving the subject actually aware of his own hypnotism?

But something must have happened. Otherwise why would Butch not either backstab Penguin in revenge for Fish, or just leave town to avoid working for a man he always held in contempt?
    Was it just me or has Butch been kind of flinching/twitching? It looks like he is kind of fighting his programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This time he doesn't know where she is, he's not familiar with the Galavans and his mom will very likely be killed even if does kill the Galavans.
    I'm pretty sure if he showed up with thirty or so mob enforcers and put a gun to Galivans head he could arrange her release. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the Penguin should know that Galivan is never letting her go regardless of his cooperation.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I'm pretty sure if he showed up with thirty or so mob enforcers and put a gun to Galivans head he could arrange her release. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the Penguin should know that Galivan is never letting her go regardless of his cooperation.
    Yeah... he said "cooperate and your mother lives," not "cooperate and we release your mother." As long as they have that kind of leverage over him, he will remain their pawn.

I think Penguin's next big character moment comes when he realizes his mother is his weakest point, and decides to sacrifice her for the greater good... HIS greater good, that is. When he decides to free himself from that constraint, then the Galavans will be in pretty serious peril.

The arrival of Penguin's father (Paul Reubens) on the scene later this season may play a big part in that storyline.

Incredible Member

Yeah... he said "cooperate and your mother lives," not "cooperate and we release your mother." As long as they have that kind of leverage over him, he will remain their pawn.

I think Penguin's next big character moment comes when he realizes his mother is his weakest point, and decides to sacrifice her for the greater good... HIS greater good, that is. When he decides to free himself from that constraint, then the Galavans will be in pretty serious peril.

The arrival of Penguin's father (Paul Reubens) on the scene later this season may play a big part in that storyline.

It's true that Cobblepot doesn't know much about the Galavans. But Oswald does know what Theo Galavan want, which is Theo dream for Gotham, and most importantly on how Theo is going about to achieve it. He also know that Theo has a sister. Between those two it's obvious that Theo is the brain. That's more then enough for Penguin to move against the Galavans in multiple ways. Even crazy Barbara is leverage that he can use.

It's hard to believe that Penguin, can't see all of this.

He may or may not let his mom go. But for him to stay the king of crime boss in Gotham, Oswald can't be whip into being a lap dog for anyone that easy. Penguin should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, the key word there is "future." Right now he's just a kid who knows very little about how the world really works, so it's no surprise to see a practiced manipulator like Galavan get the better of him. That said though, Galavan introducing Bruce to his "niece" Silver was quite possibly the most obvious attempt at a honeypot gambit in the history of hormones.

Have you put together that "Theo Galavan" is really Rah's Al Ghul?
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-15-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    It's true that Cobblepot doesn't know much about the Galavans. But Oswald does know what Theo Galavan want, which is Theo dream for Gotham, and most importantly on how Theo is going about to achieve it. He also know that Theo has a sister. Between those two it's obvious that Theo is the brain. That's more then enough for Penguin to move against the Galavans in multiple ways. Even crazy Barbara is leverage that he can use.

It's hard to believe that Penguin, can't see all of this.

He may or may not let his mom go. But for him to stay the king of crime boss in Gotham, Oswald can't be whip into being a lap dog for anyone that easy. Penguin should know this.
    He probably does. More than that, he has to know that Theo will never let his mom go, because that frees Penguin to retaliate on every level.

I'm not surprised that Penguin is hesitant to make a move that kill his mom, and instead is angling for more time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He probably does. More than that, he has to know that Theo will never let his mom go, because that frees Penguin to retaliate on every level.

I'm not surprised that Penguin is hesitant to make a move that kill his mom, and instead is angling for more time.
    Then it's very likely that AndrewCrossett is right, that Oswald will have to let his mom go. Even if he manage to save her.

Mighty Member

I felt that the story behind that Wayne family knife told by that woman was interesting

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Penguin is now fully off the deep end.

Nice of him to allow Butch a few shots of whiskey before doing the deed, though.

So the Galavan family devolved into an insular, single-minded cult over the course of 200 years, complete with its own clergy. Kind of Lovecraftian.

Ultimate Member

Penguin is now fully off the deep end.

Nice of him to allow Butch a few shots of whiskey before doing the deed, though.

So the Galavan family devolved into an insular, single-minded cult over the course of 200 years, complete with its own clergy. Kind of Lovecraftian.
    When that family holds a grudge, they commit.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I felt that the story behind that Wayne family knife told by that woman was interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When that family holds a grudge, they commit.
    Someone on Facebook pointed out that the Dumas family's patron saint could be St Dumas
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_St._Dumas
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sa...of_Saint_Dumas

The group who later trains Azrael/Jean-Paul Valley
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azrael_(comics)

I guess they train new Azraels every once in a while

I thought at first the Galavans were the Court of Owls cause I heard that they would be involved with the Gotham series and then I realised they could be the League of Assassins.

BTW, the guy who was controling the fake Joker, who is he? Is he going to become a known villain later on.

Also, I thought the big guy working for Penguin who kept drinking, if he shaved his head would make a good Kingpin visually.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 10-20-2015 at 01:39 AM.