Page 110 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Incredible Member

I would love to post my thoughts on this latest episode because I have several such as the continued character development of Selina and of the relationship between Gordon and Barnes, both of which I think are fascinating. But unfortunately there is something else that heavily distracts me.

I'm at work when the show is on so I can only watch it online. I've written before about how poor FOX's online player is performing this season but this time it hit a new low. As usual the commercials are completely herky-jerky and take five minutes to play a 30-second spot, and the show plays fairly well but has semi-regular moments where the video freezes while the audio continues. But this time I made it to the final segment and the scene where Nygma and Miss Kringle were in bed talking about how she was afraid of her former cop boyfriend, and right after Nygma said "He and I had a confrontation where I asked him to treat you with more respect..." -- it totally froze up and a popup message said "Your preview has expired" and asked me to sign in to my tv provider to continue, or something like that. I tried to start over several times and got the same thing, and then noticed that suddenly everything on the FOX website seems to be stamped with the message "Sign in to unlock." I have no idea what it means and find myself completely unable to watch the last segment of the show and don't know if I'll be able to watch it at all from here on, and it makes my head want to explode.

So can somebody fill me in? I have no idea what happened from the point where Nygma told Kringle that he and the boyfriend had a confrontation, though from the comments posted here I gather that he ended up killing her. How did that play out, and what else happened in the rest of the segment? I feel like an idiot to ask, it's just really frustrating.

Immediately afterward I watched the latest episode of "The Flash" which as usual played just fine so I know it's not a problem with my computer.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    So can somebody fill me in? I have no idea what happened from the point where Nygma told Kringle that he and the boyfriend had a confrontation, though from the comments posted here I gather that he ended up killing her. How did that play out, and what else happened in the rest of the segment? I feel like an idiot to ask, it's just really frustrating.

Immediately afterward I watched the latest episode of "The Flash" which as usual played just fine so I know it's not a problem with my computer.
    I applaud you for continuing to be legit, you may need to turn to piracy as a back up

So with Nygma, after her telling him she was afraid her ex would kill her he says how they had an encounter and explains how it went down and Ed killed him. She laughs because she doesn't believe him and he says he did it and shows her the guy's badge.

At which point she's horrified and says she doesn't know who he is and wants to leave and she's freaking out and he apparently thinks covering her mouth and grabbing her neck tight is how to handle that as he's saying "ssh" and no he was trying to help her, he did it for her, while holding her neck tighter and tighter. And then she just sort of slips unconscious and he's saying "no no no" over and over and checking her and then holding her body while crying.

Incredible Member

During the scene, Kristen also makes a comment to Nygma about how he's going to prison and the ways they'll "hurt" him there, then starts shouting to which he covers her mouth, and is tightly bracing her neck with his other hand against his apartment door.
    Then comes the it was all for you routine and around the point she's likely already dead, Nygma says "I'll never hurt you again", which is technically true.
    Then it hits him she's dead and he breaks down horrified.

The actor for the riddler really brought his A-game for the scene.
    I find I've actually enjoyed the Riddler moreso than the Penguin this season

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Miss Kringle's approach to confronting an admitted murderer, when she's all alone with said murderer in his own apartment, was perhaps not the smartest.

But dear lord, this show kills off a lot of women in order to further the male characters' storylines. I fully expect Dr. Thompkins to buy the farm sometime around mid-season in order to light a fire under Jim. (Probably just before her pregnancy starts to show.)

I have a feeling Mrs. Cobblepot has been dead for quite a while now, and the Galavans are just showing Penguin looped footage taken before they killed her.

Incredible Member

Thanks for those details, guys. I just tried the player again and it said it was offering a few minutes free, but then started out with an announcement about how you're supposed to enter your username and password without explaining how to create them in the first place, and then it played literally just a few seconds of the show and froze up. Trying to unfreeze it resulted in a popup at the bottom of the screen that said "Fox.com is not responding." Absolutely un-freaking believable. Again, I do have high speed Internet and my computer does other things adequately. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have any suggestions as to where else I can watch the show? (PretenderNX01, appreciate the piracy advice but I'm not a hacker.)

Meanwhile, farewell Miss Kringle, it was nice knowing you.

I wonder if Nygma is going to cover up what happened but start leaving riddles around because he's subconsciously wants to be caught? Though I wouldn't be shocked if he's so broken now that he lets his more aggressive personality take over.

It probably won't take long for suspicion to fall on him once people notice Ms. Kringle isn't coming to work anymore since Lee was there when Nygma ask her out to dinner the night before she "disappeared."

Incredible Member

Technically, the show killed off a male cop and three male criminals just to establish Firefly, then fakeout killed her so Selina could have angst and not be relegated to an informant for Gordon (maintaining her agency), so I could definitely argue the show is quite equal opportunity in terms of violence, I will say this episode was especially brutal for some female characters.

Also, what is with this trend of Alfred decking kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I fully expect Dr. Thompkins to buy the farm sometime around mid-season in order to light a fire under Jim. (Probably just before her pregnancy starts to show.)
    They're not going to kill off Dr Thompkins. Besides, I noticed she was sitting down a lot this episode so I wonder if she already is showing. She alo wears that big lab coat.

But dear lord, this show kills off a lot of women in order to further the male characters' storylines.
    Not any more than comic books do. Even Alfred has now hit a girl and a boy in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Technically, the show killed off a male cop and three male criminals just to establish Firefly, then fakeout killed her so Selina could have angst and not be relegated to an informant for Gordon (maintaining her agency), so I could definitely argue the show is quite equal opportunity in terms of violence, I will say this episode was especially brutal for some female characters.
    Yeah, it's fairly balanced, and just last week a guy got burned alive and this week we saw two fried corpses so Bridgit's mess was better off than them.
    Fish and Maroni were killed for Penguin to be king of Gotham. We've seen male and female mayoral candidates killed off and Jerome got stabbed for Theo's story to advance.

So far we have Sarah killed off for New Guy (but how long can he last?) and Ms Kringle killed off for Ed but even that's after Ed killed of her boyfriend.

There's basically just a lot of death on the show

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Have you put together that "Theo Galavan" is really Rah's Al Ghul?

back to this point I made a few weeks ago. I think Theo Galavan is really Rah's Al Ghul. And I also felt that Silver St Cloud is really Talia in disguise.

THIS scene in the upcoming episode (Spoiler Warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKjfSNt5MyM

All but confirms that in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    back to this point I made a few weeks ago. I think Theo Galavan is really Rah's Al Ghul. And I also felt that Silver St Cloud is really Talia in disguise.

THIS scene in the upcoming episode (Spoiler Warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKjfSNt5MyM

All but confirms that in my mind.
    Silver is a character in the comics though I think they mix and merge them a bit in Gotham. I thought tonight's end with Theo and Gordon talking had a feeling or Rah's and Batman, I kept expecting him to just address Jim as "Detective".

Speaking of, I kinda wanted Selena to say to Bruce "I know you're not the world's greatest detective..." but I think "not a good judge of character" did work so he'd have something to throw back at her.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    There's basically just a lot of death on the show
    If I do say so myself. It just keeps going. So many at the party (guests, cops, Peguin doubles) and the second member of Gordon's Strike Force.

It may be a bit early for Riddler to turn but it does show how he gets a thrill leaving clues and almost being caught. He likes the mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Silver is a character in the comics though I think they mix and merge them a bit in Gotham. I thought tonight's end with Theo and Gordon talking had a feeling or Rah's and Batman, I kept expecting him to just address Jim as "Detective".

Speaking of, I kinda wanted Selena to say to Bruce "I know you're not the world's greatest detective..." but I think "not a good judge of character" did work so he'd have something to throw back at her.

If I do say so myself. It just keeps going. So many at the party (guests, cops, Peguin doubles) and the second member of Gordon's Strike Force.

It may be a bit early for Riddler to turn but it does show how he gets a thrill leaving clues and almost being caught. He likes the mind games.
    Nobody's talking about last night's episode? What gives?

I was disappointed to find out that Silver St. Cloud on the show is not the Silver St. Cloud I know from the comics, but that's the nature of the TV beast.

Nygma is on the way to becoming the Riddler. It's really very tragic.

Sorry to see Carol Kane go, but there's only so much you can do with a batty old lady. Looks like Penguin's interests are again aligning with those of Gordon.

Is it going to take the whole season to take down the mayor?

This week I watched Gotham instead of Supergirl and watched Supergirl on line this morning. I made the right choice.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    I expect most regular watchers are giving priority to Supergirl and watching Gotham on DVR. Right now Supergirl is the more entertaining of the two, and I'm a big Gotham fan. I wouldn't be surprised if FOX is forced to move Gotham to a different time slot where it doesn't have to compete.

Hopefully this episode puts to rest the negativity around Nygma's split personality being to similar to Two Face (he says without a shred of real hope). The two characters are entirely different, since Two Face doesn't really have a split personality to begin with, just one demented one that chooses whether to not do evil or not (rarely chooses to actually do good). Nygma's condition is truly a split until now, when his evil side takes full control. It's a fascinating story.

While Gotham isn't doing what it did last fall in the ratings, it actually rose when Supergirl premiered against it over the week prior.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...9-2015/479671/
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...6-2015/480757/

I haven't seen this week's as they don't come out for a few more hours. They're both on at 8pm and if you don't like anything else it's conceivable for a lot of people to watch the other at 9pm and still go to be at 10

So far Gotham is basically at where it premiered:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/470550/

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Took a while to process everything that happened in this one.

That's what I'm afraid of. The introduction of Ron Rifkin's character seems to mean we're going to go through a whole mythology and whatnot before we get any resolution. My fear is that Theo and Tabitha are going to get really, really tiresome after a whole season of their act. Hopefully we'll have quite a few episodes that leave them in the background and focus on other things.

To me, the most frustrating thing about this show is how Bruce continues to be a clueless dumbass. I know they're doing a very slow burn on the way to the Caped Crusader and World's Greatest Detective, but they really should start showing some flashes of insight on his part to at least hint at the man he's going to become. It would be awesome if we get a reveal that he's already onto Theo and Silver and is just biding his time to gather more information... but I have the feeling he's going to wind up as a damsel in distress needing to be rescued. I hope Selina can smack a little bit of awareness into his head at some point.

The whole Army of Penguins scene was just bugnuts. So, on less than 24 hours notice, Penguin found two dozen lookalikes who were somehow willing to undertake a suicide mission on his behalf? It makes no sense at all, but it's such a fun classic over-the-top Silver Age comic book move that I'm giving it a pass.

And it looks like we now have Full Riddler. Cool.

Still hard to believe how much violence this show gets away with in an 8 PM timeslot. More than most 10 PM shows.

Mighty Member

I liked how Nygma was leaving himself riddles