Page 111 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Nygma was pretty nuts this time around. His other half was even channeling the Reverse Flash! I wonder how long he can hide this. Lee is bound to know something when she doesn't see Kristin for a while. I don't want Gotham PD to lose Ed so quickly (although when they do, I'm sure the show will find some way to keep him around).

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    If I do say so myself. It just keeps going. So many at the party (guests, cops, Peguin doubles) and the second member of Gordon's Strike Force.
    Yeah, heel to the throat. Gruesome. I wonder how much longer the rest of the Strike Force will last?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    To me, the most frustrating thing about this show is how Bruce continues to be a clueless dumbass. I know they're doing a very slow burn on the way to the Caped Crusader and World's Greatest Detective, but they really should start showing some flashes of insight on his part to at least hint at the man he's going to become. It would be awesome if we get a reveal that he's already onto Theo and Silver and is just biding his time to gather more information... but I have the feeling he's going to wind up as a damsel in distress needing to be rescued. I hope Selina can smack a little bit of awareness into his head at some point.
    There's really nothing that could tip him off at this point, though. Jim put together all the convenient stuff around Theo's rise, but Bruce wasn't there for most of it. And Silver makes for a great distraction, it'd look weird if he was immediately suspicious of her.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The whole Army of Penguins scene was just bugnuts. So, on less than 24 hours notice, Penguin found two dozen lookalikes who were somehow willing to undertake a suicide mission on his behalf? It makes no sense at all, but it's such a fun classic over-the-top Silver Age comic book move that I'm giving it a pass.
    Who says he had to gather them up then and there? Penguin's supposed to be a smart guy, it's possible he had thought of this in advance as a contingency plan and already had them lined up in his employ (and, naturally, he would assure them that this isn't a suicide mission). But yeah, total Silver Age move.

Incredible Member

I had good luck with the FOX player this time around as they seem to still be offering episodes as "free previews" for now, with a clock ticking down an hour of free viewing time, so I've learned that as long as I don't rewind to take a second look at anything I'm able to watch a full episode. I'm very glad too because this episode was fantastic.

Sorry to see Carol Kane go, sorry to find that Silver isn't the good person she is in the comics, but overall this was very enjoyable. I do however wonder why Selina didn't just come out and say to Bruce, "When you left the room to talk to Alfred she threatened me! I don't care if you believe me or not, it happened!" Seems like it would have been simple. With Nygma well into his criminal persona, I hope that Selina also takes this opportunity to channel her inner Catwoman and decides to take Silver on as an enemy. Could be an interesting and unexpected wild card thrown into Galavan's master plan.

Question on Nygma- In the comics the Riddler never was much of a brutal killer, was he? I remember him as a thief who loved the game of sending clues risking getting caught and taking care of business if anyone crossed him but preferring to avoid killing if he could. Am I wrong?

Incredible Member

By the way, I don't know if it's been this way all along but I just happened to take notice in the closing credits of this episode that Bill Finger as well as Bob Cane is given credit for creating the characters. Fans have been calling for that for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I expect most regular watchers are giving priority to Supergirl and watching Gotham on DVR. Right now Supergirl is the more entertaining of the two, and I'm a big Gotham fan. I wouldn't be surprised if FOX is forced to move Gotham to a different time slot where it doesn't have to compete.
    Have to disagree. It's only been two weeks, but I think Gotham in both of those weeks has been more entertaining that Supergirl. Just my opinion, of course.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Question on Nygma- In the comics the Riddler never was much of a brutal killer, was he? I remember him as a thief who loved the game of sending clues risking getting caught and taking care of business if anyone crossed him but preferring to avoid killing if he could. Am I wrong?
    Like most Batman villains, the Riddler has been presented in many different lights, but the one you describe is the one I prefer.

Sandy Hausler

By the way, I don't know if it's been this way all along but I just happened to take notice in the closing credits of this episode that Bill Finger as well as Bob Cane is given credit for creating the characters. Fans have been calling for that for a long time.
    I had heard that this was never done because of some contract between Kane and DC, but I guess DC, at this point, figured that with Kane long dead, who's going to sue them?

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I do however wonder why Selina didn't just come out and say to Bruce, "When you left the room to talk to Alfred she threatened me! I don't care if you believe me or not, it happened!" Seems like it would have been simple.
    Selina needlessly keeping stuff to herself is a problem, but I guess it's all part of her character. She's never had anyone in her life she could trust (even Ivy ratted her out a couple weeks ago, for a candy bar) so she doesn't open up to people at all. The times she has (Jim) she's regretted.

Also, in the world she lives in there's a real aversion to snitching. Not only is it often dangerous, but it makes you look weak as it suggests you can't fight your own battles. She doesn't have any reason to believe yet that Silver is anything other than a gold-digger, but I'm sure she'll be keeping her eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Yeah, heel to the throat. Gruesome. I wonder how much longer the rest of the Strike Force will last?
    It does explain why she continues to wear those boots on missions...they're definitely not just to make her look good

There are only two members left, right? I don't imagine they'll last very long, so it'll be interesting to see how Jim and Barnes react to losing the rest of the Strike Force.

Astonishing Member

Poor Mrs. Cobblepot. Hope Oswald gets vengeance on Galavant.

Incredible Member

Penguin being shot and wounded- I wonder if that and the limp he already has are part of a process of reshaping him physically into the waddling little older man we all know from the comics.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Penguin being shot and wounded- I wonder if that and the limp he already has are part of a process of reshaping him physically into the waddling little older man we all know from the comics.
    He'd need to put on weight, and get to work on that idea about developing a new laugh. But there's no way they'll ever let him smoke on the show.

Astonishing Member

Interesting that Oswald didn't take the shot and just gun them both down while Jim was in front of Galavant. I guess in his own way he genuinely considers Gordon a friend..

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Goat Prime View Post
    Interesting that Oswald didn't take the shot and just gun them both down while Jim was in front of Galavant. I guess in his own way he genuinely considers Gordon a friend..
    Penguin knows Jim character well. He likely didn't gun him down thinking Theo duped Jim as he's done with the rest of the city. Jim has been his best ally under the right circumstances. He's too good to lose.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Goat Prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Penguin knows Jim character well. He likely didn't gun him down thinking Theo duped Jim as he's done with the rest of the city. Jim has been his best ally under the right circumstances. He's too good to lose.
    I'd say it's a little of both. While Penguin does still consider Jim a valuable asset, he also has some respect for Jim's basic nobility of character and with that comes a kind of fondness. I'd suppose he'd be genuine about counting Jim as a friend in the sense that Jim's been far more consistent and reliable than anyone else in his life, which are qualities anyone would look for in a friend.

As for the Silver/Bruce/Selina triangle, yeah, now I'm starting to understand why shippers go crazy, except in this case Silver genuinely is up to no good and not merely a rival for Bruce's affections. I'd also concur that this experience would be a steppingstone for his progression into Batman --- learning that he can't trust people just because they seem nice and say all the right things. Concerning Selina, I suppose this and the last couple of episodes are also setting up her progression into Catwoman parallel to Bruce's becoming Batman, calcifying her belief that the only person she can fully rely on is herself and trusting others is a ticket to heartbreak and disappointment. We're basically seeing the start of why Bruce and Selina will never be able to really be together, the experiences that have made them both too untrusting to fully open up to each other even when that's what they want most in the world.
    The spider is always on the hunt.