Page 129 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Member in Disguise

As someone who has read Batman comics for over 30 years, I never thought I'd say these words, but... Penguin is a badass.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    As someone who has read Batman comics for over 30 years, I never thought I'd say these words, but... Penguin is a badass.
    Robin Lord Taylor owns the Penguin. Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito, turn in your top hats.

BANNED

The more the show in general embraces the villains that spawned the need for Batman, the more badass the show in general becomes. Soon they are almost going to have to time jump ahead and give us Batman (year one Batman) before every good person and good cop in Gotham is killed or driven out of Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    The more the show in general embraces the villains that spawned the need for Batman, the more badass the show in general becomes. Soon they are almost going to have to time jump ahead and give us Batman (year one Batman) before every good person and good cop in Gotham is killed or driven out of Gotham.
    Just think of it as Bruce Wayne's version of Smallville, where every Superman hero and villain showed up before Clark put on the cape. Like, why was Superman even needed if Clark himself could defeat Zod and his Kryptonian minions? What was left to do after Clark put on the cape? Stop bank robbers? I'm pretty sure Bruce is never going to put on the cape either until maybe the final minute of the final episode of the series

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    That continues to be the biggest downfall of the show. Clearly ALL of Batman's rogues gallery is coming into place right now. We know we won't have Batman for several more years. Yet Gotham will survive all that time with all those crazy supervillains running around. So... why will Gotham need Batman?
    They're there, but they're not fully formed yet. They still haven't taken on that fully operatic nature that they do later on. With the exception of Azrael, Firefly and Mr. Freeze, none of them have the costumes yet or their criminal nicknames. Also, some of them like Harvey Dent still haven't turned criminal. I actually like that they're introducing the super-villains before Batman. Mainly because their existence can't be blamed on Batman now. I always hated the argument that the super-villains are a form of criminal escalation.

Also, what else would there be to this show? Take out the super-villains and it's just another cop show only the cop is named Jim Gordon with maybe some other Batman supporting characters thrown in. Batman is known for his villains and it's what people want to see. (Observation: Batman is known for his villains. Superman is known for his supporting cast. A big episode for Gotham is when Ed Nygma starts acting like the Riddler. A big episode for Smallville is when Lois Lane suddenly shows up in town. But I digress).

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They're there, but they're not fully formed yet. They still haven't taken on that fully operatic nature that they do later on. With the exception of Azrael, Firefly and Mr. Freeze, none of them have the costumes yet or their criminal nicknames. Also, some of them like Harvey Dent still haven't turned criminal. I actually like that they're introducing the super-villains before Batman. Mainly because their existence can't be blamed on Batman now. I always hated the argument that the super-villains are a form of criminal escalation.
    While I completely agree with that sentiment, the way the show is doing it by the time Bruce puts on the cowl the Legion of Doom will be held at an AARP hall. Rough guess, most villains are, say, 30-50 now (Freeze and Strange being the ends of the spectrum). Bruce is what 14 or 15 on the show? Assuming he starts crime fighting in earnest at around 25, all his enemies will be in their 50s or 60s.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    While I completely agree with that sentiment, the way the show is doing it by the time Bruce puts on the cowl the Legion of Doom will be held at an AARP hall. Rough guess, most villains are, say, 30-50 now (Freeze and Strange being the ends of the spectrum). Bruce is what 14 or 15 on the show? Assuming he starts crime fighting in earnest at around 25, all his enemies will be in their 50s or 60s.
    Most of his villains were middle aged though, weren't they? I always got the feeling that Batman was younger than most of his enemies. I know Penguin's somewhere in his 30s. Dent's probably in his early '30s too. Nygma's probably in his late 20s. Selina is 15. Firefly's probably about the same age as Selina, which is 15. Ivy's about 14. Freeze probably doesn't age at all because of his condition.

Also, and I know people will say this is a cop-out answer, but superheroes and super-villains rarely seem to age at the same rate as real people.

Mighty Member

I likey how Selina outsmarted Firefly by agreeing to be her servant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I likey how Selina outsmarted Firefly by agreeing to be her servant.
    That was good. They were all upset about Selina being captured but Selina now seems like the most likely to actually get out of that place or at least survive it.

Holy ****, I'm a start telling people to make themselves useful by making me a grilled cheese now lmao. Embrace the corniness!
    Superhero shows are trash

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

She should have asked for tomato soup, too.

All I need is for Penguin and Fish Mooney to face off again. Then I want Penguin to say, "F-Fish?! But I killed you!" and then Fish says, "Oh darling, you know you can't drown fish" and then they gotta have a really shitty fist fight. Penguin lures her inside a storage crate by the docks and locks it. Then Butch shows up with a bazooka and blows her up. The finishing line? "Like shooting fish in a barrel" Fade to black and I can die in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    All I need is for Penguin and Fish Mooney to face off again. Then I want Penguin to say, "F-Fish?! But I killed you!" and then Fish says, "Oh darling, you know you can't drown fish" and then they gotta have a really shitty fist fight. Penguin lures her inside a storage crate by the docks and locks it. Then Butch shows up with a bazooka and blows her up. The finishing line? "Like shooting fish in a barrel" Fade to black and I can die in peace.
    And then she comes back next season. Again.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And then she comes back next season. Again.
    Dear god, no! Why must you do this to me?! lol

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Decent episode. Liking the set-up for the Court of Owls.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!