Page 152 of 198 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Riddler has now completely and perfectly embraced his new role as a Gotham Supervillain. You have to make a show of it and make the police look like idiots .

Though now it looks like he's going to be joining the Court of Owls, which I guess isn't new territory for him since he basically already was working for them when he was helping Strange.

Ivy is basically now Penguin's perky henchgirl.

I see Freeze and Firefly still remember their little tiff at the season 2 finale.

So I guess Lee's moved on from just sniping at Jim to actually trying to convict him of murder. Heck, she'll probably find out about the Court of Owls at an inopportune time and just assume Jim is completely in on the conspiracy.

I guess I'm not surprised they directly lifted the Burton Catwoman origin, but like...what does giving Selina cat-powers accomplish at this point? Making her one of the "freaks?" She's still way too young to actually become Catwoman. There are other, more sensible, ways of developing her into her iconic identity then just going "revived by cats."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Lee's moved on from just sniping at Jim to actually trying to convict him of murder. Heck, she'll probably find out about the Court of Owls at an inopportune time and just assume Jim is completely in on the conspiracy.
    Man, she has become a real buzzkill lately. I want old Lee back!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

I still think some of the splashed blood that got on her when Jim shot Mario is affecting her.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I see Freeze and Firefly still remember their little tiff at the season 2 finale.
    I want them to sing the Heat Miser/Snow Miser song.

They've turned her into the Roadblock... the female character who exists only to get in the protagonist's way, and he can't do anything about it because he cares about her. Kind of disappointing that they'd go with that tiresome cliche.

I guess I'm not surprised they directly lifted the Burton Catwoman origin, but like...what does giving Selina cat-powers accomplish at this point? Making her one of the "freaks?" She's still way too young to actually become Catwoman. There are other, more sensible, ways of developing her into her iconic identity then just going "revived by cats."
    That really doesn't fit this version of the story at all. The cool thing about this show is that everything has a plausible explanation, even if it requires comic book science. If it turns out those cats came from Indian Hill, the Home of All Plot Convenience, I'm going to turn off the show.

Camren Bicondova is 17. Isn't that about the same age as Selina in "Batman: Year One"? If anything she is a little too old to fit in that time line.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I want them to sing the Heat Miser/Snow Miser song.
    That would be too much!

Badum dum dum!

Excellent, Frontier. Always nice to see a DC show make it to to the magic fourth season.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure they'll give her cat powers. But the blow to the head from the fall may cause her to act differently. Though, if she starts using the vocal tics from the Catwomen on the old Batman TV series, I think I'm done (that would be purrrfectly awful).

It's also possible they just wanted to do another nod to the Burton movies.

Well, they seem to have hit fast-forward on all the character development. Gave us a pretty much fully-formed Joker, put Riddler in the green suit, Penguin is assembling a supervillain team, Ivy is aged up, and Bruce is off doing a training montage with Ra's al-Miyagi. (80's rock anthem not included.) So I guess Selina needed a supervillain booster.

Astonishing Member

Well, they seem to have hit fast-forward on all the character development. Gave us a pretty much fully-formed Joker, put Riddler in the green suit, Penguin is assembling a supervillain team, Ivy is aged up, and Bruce is off doing a training montage with Ra's al-Miyagi. (80's rock anthem not included.) So I guess Selina needed a supervillain booster.
    Well, how long do you think this show will go on anyway? And how long would people have gone along with it if it had remained "A police procedural, but starring Jim Gordon". The hook for Batman was always his villains. If you're going to keep people interested, that's the avenue to take.

I really don't mind too much. Making the villains come a bit before Batman is actually kind of nice because it makes Batman's unusual tactics seem needed and puts to rest the whole "Batman created his villains" thing. As for them playing with the origins, it's already happened a million times anyway. If they were using Selina's original origin, she'd be an amnesiac flight attendant who turned to crime.

I'm all for moving this show towards being a Batman story.

I think it was the intention of the creators to have this be "a police procedural starring Jim Gordon." Apparently, even having Bruce Wayne in the show at all was a pretty late decision.

The show has apparently learned the unavoidable fact: people don't care about the stories of normal people in a superhero universe. Agents of SHIELD and Gotham tried it, but finally had to come across with the supes. Powerless died in the attempt. The reason we have superhero worlds is to have stories about superheroes and supervillains.

So I have no objection to Gotham going this route... the suddenness of it just seems weird. It's like the show dropped the bass.

Astonishing Member

I think it was the intention of the creators to have this be "a police procedural starring Jim Gordon." Apparently, even having Bruce Wayne in the show at all was a pretty late decision.

The show has apparently learned the unavoidable fact: people don't care about the stories of normal people in a superhero universe. Agents of SHIELD and Gotham tried it, but finally had to come across with the supes. Powerless died in the attempt. The reason we have superhero worlds is to have stories about superheroes and supervillains.

So I have no objection to Gotham going this route... the suddenness of it just seems weird. It's like the show dropped the bass.
    It especially doesn't make sense on a show that's supposed to be connected to the Batman mythos. Let's be honest, Batman's civilian supporting cast was never much of a draw. There's a reason why Batman's most consistent love interest is Catwoman. If it were to work anywhere, the best bet would probably be with the Superman mythos. Batman's villains were always a big draw and a solid part of his appeal, with the supporting cast being kind of "meh". But Superman's pretty much the opposite. No one much cares about his villains, but his friends and family (Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lana, Ma and Pa Kent) are part of the bedrock of his mythos. Lois and Jimmy even had their own comic books back in the '60s. In some ways, that's why turning Lex Luthor into the billionaire who built Metropolis back in the '80s elevated the character. He went from a character who was a villain to a character who was both a villain and a supporting character. He always had a reason to be around even if he wasn't the main antagonist in the stories. And even if he wasn't around, his name was on half the buildings. But I digress . . .

Actually Powerless did have superheroes, Crimson Fox, Olympian, and Green Fury were in a few episodes. I don't think that was why people stopped watching. It just started out bad and by the time it got better
    no one knew because they had already stopped watching.

I love Riddler so much. I just hope they manage to keep him appearing regularly, but at the same time, he has to get caught and go to jail at some point, doesn't he? Although Barbara and some other criminals aren't in any real danger of being locked away, it seems.

Not a fan of what they're doing with Selina. Getting cat powers is bad enough, but how many times are people on this show going to fall or get shot or something and not die? I do want Selina and Ivy to hang out more. Ivy seems to want friends badly, hence her eagerness to join Penguin, but she and Selina aren't all that close any more.

That really doesn't fit this version of the story at all. The cool thing about this show is that everything has a plausible explanation, even if it requires comic book science. If it turns out those cats came from Indian Hill, the Home of All Plot Convenience, I'm going to turn off the show.
    Those cats are actually being affected by meteor rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I really don't mind too much. Making the villains come a bit before Batman is actually kind of nice because it makes Batman's unusual tactics seem needed and puts to rest the whole "Batman created his villains" thing.
    Agreed, as long as the series ends with this escalation of villains being too much for Gordon and the GCPD to handle. That'll lead to Batman stepping in.