Page 174 of 198 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Mazouz has straight-up lied before... he said that Harley Quinn would be in last season's finale.

If so the producers need to give him a good talking to. Possibly with lawyers present.

Either let the story play out on the screen, or just give me a summary of the season so I can save the trouble of watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    David Mazouz has gone on record as saying that Jerome Valeska will not be the Joker on Gotham.

First, I can't have much respect for a show that respects its own storytelling so little that it reveals major plot developments like these weeks in advance.

Second, whomever they get to play the Joker is not going to be better at it than Cameron Monaghan. Whomever they get will be a worse choice, and probably a contrived one as well.

So, I guess I'm out.
    I get the idea no one will ever be Joker, not Cameron Monaghan, nor anyone else. I think they are going with the idea that Batman creates Joker and there won't be a Batman either.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I get the idea no one will ever be Joker, not Cameron Monaghan, nor anyone else. I think they are going with the idea that Batman creates Joker and there won't be a Batman either.
    Mazouz says there will be a Joker, and that his introduction will be the most brilliant thing the show has done.

But this show often tries to get way too cute. The Joker is just a really flamboyant bad guy, not some sort of chaos god. Monaghan is perfect for the Joker in the context of this show. Any other idea would be less perfect.

This assumes the show ever comes back. It's nearly February and we still don't have a return date. I wish American TV networks would just drop the outdated concept of "seasons" already.

This is starting up again tonight.

Don't think I'll be watching. Actually I KNOW I won't be watching tonight... our local Fox affiliate is basically at war with our cable provider, and got dropped from the lineup over a month ago. From the way it's going I'm not sure it will ever be back. So I'll have to watch online if I watch at all.

David Mazouz is apparently the designated fountain of spoilers, telling us the future story apparently so we don't have to bother watching it on television. The show has always been a bit of a mess with some redeeming qualities that kept me watching. One of the biggest of those things recently has been Cameron Monaghan's portrayal of Jerome, who seems to be the proto-Joker and is one of the best I've seen in the role... probably second only to Heath Ledger and maybe Mark Hamill. The fact that he's not going to actually be the Joker is infuriating, and makes me want to quit watching.

If Mazouz hadn't blabbed all this instead of letting it play out on the screen like it's supposed to, I would have kept watching and maybe I would have been impressed by whatever they have in store for the character. Probably not. But now that I know how it's going, I don't think I will. If people end up praising this season to the heavens maybe I'll go back and watch it later.

Mighty Member

Poison Ivy keep's on becoming hotter and hotter since evolving from her child state.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Poison Ivy keep's on becoming hotter and hotter since evolving from her child state.
    She's a stunner, no doubt. It also helps that Peyton List can act, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Seemed like nothing much went on. Seemed like the episode was mostly catching up where it left off and setting things up for later on.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It did feel like an episode that's meant to establish the status quo for the rest of the season. At least plenty of things were set in motion to look forward to.

How old is Selina suppose to be now? Even if she is 18 now I imagine she still wouldn't be old enough to be a co-owner of a club.

Was the toy assassin a character from the comics? I almost wanted him to be Toyman.

Astonishing Member

This show is assembling an incredible stable of the most beautiful women on TV of Whedonistic proportions. Morena Baccarin, Jessica Lucas, Peyton List, Erin Richards and Camren Bicondova is a roster that contend with Joss Whedon's best casts of Buffy or Firefly. Main reason why ,while I have dropped most of DC tv, I remain loyal to Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It did feel like an episode that's meant to establish the status quo for the rest of the season. At least plenty of things were set in motion to look forward to.

How old is Selina suppose to be now? Even if she is 18 now I imagine she still wouldn't be old enough to be a co-owner of a club.

Was the toy assassin a character from the comics? I almost wanted him to be Toyman.
    Who is going to say Selina can't be? The Gotham City police department? I doubt Jim cares and anybody else could easily be bought off.

I think Supergirl has dibs on Toyman. His son is a main character on that show and there was already an episode featuring Toyman. Plus his ex-wife will be in an upcoming episode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Toymaker is a villain that was created for The Batman. However, in that show, his real name is Cosmo Krank, while in this show, the assassin is his dad, Griffin, while Cosmo is the nerdy son who asks the cops not to hurt his dad. I assume he'll want revenge and become the new Toymaker now that his dad is dead.

Mighty Member

I like how Jerome (aka the Joker?) has complete control of Arkham Asylum.

I like how Jerome (aka the Joker?) has complete control of Arkham Asylum.
    Except we've already been told he's NOT the Joker... which is why I've stopped watching.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Except we've already been told he's NOT the Joker... which is why I've stopped watching.
    I'm fine with Jerome not being the joker as it would be pointless for him to to turn into him now.

This was a great episode. The Joker, I mean Jerome, was fantastic. Loved the mind games Joker, I mean Jerome, played with Penguin. And now we truly have a Poison Ivy with all her
    plant based mayhem. LOL, Jim even got his mustache. And BATS!. Was that Batman we saw? Naw, didn't have bat ears on the cowl.