Page 176 of 198 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're ever going to give Ivy a costume. I guess they could make green dresses her signature thing but I don't think the outfit she wore to the gala was even green.

They haven't even really coined "Poison Ivy" yet, outside Lucius directly saying it when he was analyzing her first victim.
    I'm surprised that they had her completely change physically and still she hasn't taken "Pamela Isley" as an alias. When the show started, they said there was some kind of reason they weren't calling her that yet so I figured it was something that would come into play later on but still no dice.

The guy who plays Jerome is such a good Joker that it's really a shame that it's ultimately not who he's supposed to be. I mean, screw the whole "Joker should have no identity crowd". There have been a million different takes on these characters and there'll be a million more.

And yet, nitpicks aside, I still enjoy the exercise in absurdist noir (or noir absurdism) that is Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm surprised that they had her completely change physically and still she hasn't taken "Pamela Isley" as an alias. When the show started, they said there was some kind of reason they weren't calling her that yet so I figured it was something that would come into play later on but still no dice.

The guy who plays Jerome is such a good Joker that it's really a shame that it's ultimately not who he's supposed to be. I mean, screw the whole "Joker should have no identity crowd". There have been a million different takes on these characters and there'll be a million more.

And yet, nitpicks aside, I still enjoy the exercise in absurdist noir (or noir absurdism) that is Gotham.
    Ever since he first appeared as Jerome in season 1, Cameron Monaghen has been surprisingly my favorite take on the Joker since Mark Hamill (I just can't see Heath Ledger's take as Joker, personally). He's got the laugh, the personality, the showmanship, and twisted act down.

If he was ever chosen to replace Jared Leto in the DCEU, I would be quite okay with that.

I stopped watching this awhile ago but i read this thread now and then to see how cooky the show has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I stopped watching this awhile ago but i read this thread now and then to see how cooky the show has gotten.
    As hard as it is to believe, it's just gotten kookier .

As hard as it is to believe, it's just gotten kookier .
    When someone told me Riddler got frozen in a block of Ice and Butch was really Solomon Grundy I was tempted to come back but I'll probably just binge watch seasons on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    When someone told me Riddler got frozen in a block of Ice and Butch was really Solomon Grundy I was tempted to come back but I'll probably just binge watch seasons on Netflix.
    It's like the producers said screw it and gave up on anything realistic like the first season and now are going for as absurd and over the top as possible. It's basically a violent, gory version of Batman 1966.
    Now we have flowers growing out of the corpses of people Ivy has killed. And I think it's great, much better than it started out as.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's like the producers said screw it and gave up on anything realistic like the first season and now are going for as absurd and over the top as possible. It's basically a violent, gory version of Batman 1966.
    Now we have flowers growing out of the corpses of people Ivy has killed. And I think it's great, much better than it started out as.
    Here's the thing: Batman has never NOT been absurd and the people who act like that's not the case are kidding themselves. People like to point to the Golden Age Batman as "serious Batman" and I'll tell you it's not that serious. It's kind of like this show: absurd things happening in a dark environment.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yeah, but Batman '66 was a comedy show and this isn't. Gotham is more Burtonesque than anything.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think Gotham realized pretty quickly that the audience tunes in more for the campy villains and absurd situations then they do the police drama the show was advertised as .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think Gotham realized pretty quickly that the audience tunes in more for the campy villains and absurd situations then they do the police drama the show was advertised as .
    I think it was the plan to go the Burton way from the get-go, but they had to start at a relatively more normal level at the beginning.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If they could get Tim Burton on the show, even for a one-off, who would you want him as?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If they could get Tim Burton on the show, even for a one-off, who would you want him as?
    Kite Man .

Bullock is 50?

Alfred's back! And Bruce...has some growing up to do.

Kind of sad seeing Selina have to face Ivy like that. They used to be close, but now Ivy really can't trust anyone (makes me wonder if there even is a possibility for a Harley Quinn friendship at any time in her future). Ivy has gotten super powerful, and she's hellbent on killing so many people, I wonder how or if they'll stop her? Even guys like Nygma and Penguin are able to still kind of hang around after their schemes have been foiled.

Okay, Sofia Falcone needs to be taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Cameron Monaghan has been confirmed as playing 2 characters this Season. Jerome and someone else- That could be a loophole for introducing Joker and not making him Jerome.
    It'll turn out that he is Jerome's younger brother, also named Jerome. The Jerome we know's real name is actually Henry Jerome Valeska and the younger Jerome will become the real Joker.

I wonder if they're ever going to give Ivy a costume. I guess they could make green dresses her signature thing but I don't think the outfit she wore to the gala was even green.
    She just needs to visit Nygma's tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their plans for both Ivy Pepper and Joker. I feel like the Gotham producers do a lot of lying and misleading on top of that.

Max Shrek.

Selina's father.

Mighty Member

That adult baby cosplay spa that Gordon and Bullock had to find Penguin's former employee hiding at was more frightening than Arkham Asylum.