Page 177 of 198 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Ultimate Member

I thought Penguin killed the double tap guy?

Martine! It's nice to see that adorable scamp back and in one piece .

The core of this episode felt, to some degree, about mending fences. Whether they be Bruce and Selina, Gordon and Bullock, or Oswald and Nigma.

It was nice to see Bruce and Selina have a sub-plot to themselves again, since it's been a really long time since we've seen the two interact in a way where there wasn't some kind of tension or attitude driving them away from each other. These two still have terrific chemistry even if they're not yet in their classic dynamic quite yet. And their fight in that fence's office reminded me a lot of Batman: The Telltale Series.

I wasn't in any rush to see Headhunter back but he and Zsasz have a fun dynamic. Though I wonder what's next for Zsasz with Sofia in a coma and Penguin probably being none too eager to welcome him back with open arms after his betrayal.

Who wants to bet that Butch's attempt to restore himself will end up turning him back into Grundy? Although I'm kind of surprised he's in such a rush to go back to normal given how useful his Grundy body is.

Mr. Freeze had a pretty good day. Not only did he get himself into Penguin's good graces by helping him with his plan but Freeze also got the money he wanted to fund his attempts to turn back to normal.

How fitting it is for Penguin and Riddler to renew their friendship and partnership then at the very pier that has proven so pivotal to their shifting relationship, time-and-time again .

It seems Gordon's last stand has pretty much fixed things between him and Bullock. Although now their dynamic has reversed again with Gordon being Bullock's boss while their out in the field. Which I guess works better given Jim is usually the one taking the lead .

I dunno Jim, it's hard to feel like Sofia really won when she's stuck in a coma (somehow).

I wonder if there's any going back for Lee into the person she once was. She's basically a crime boss teetering on the edge of becoming another Gotham Supervillain at this point.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's amazing how often people survive headshots in this show.

I like Headnhunter and Zsasz dynamic in the episode. I would like to see a villainous take of the buddy movie with those two. It would be a lot of fun.

I'm liking the direction the show is taking Lee even though it's wildly out of character for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's amazing how often people survive headshots in this show.
    At least Butch made sense because of the toxic swamp water.

I like Headnhunter and Zsasz dynamic in the episode. I would like to see a villainous take of the buddy movie with those two. It would be a lot of fun.
    Not sure about a movie. But more episodes with that dynamic duo would be great.

I'm liking the direction the show is taking Lee even though it's wildly out of character for her.
    Look what they did with Barbara Kean.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Not sure about a movie. But more episodes with that dynamic duo would be great.

Look what they did with Barbara Kean.
    Butch's headshot also put him in a coma. He was dumped in the swamp because the hospital he was in had patient overflow and he was braindead iirc.

I don't want an actual movie but an episode with then as a primary focus would be nice.

Even with Barbara turn to villainy I don't care for her. At least I don't hate her like I did in the first season.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 03-23-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Martine! It's nice to see that adorable scamp back and in one piece .

The core of this episode felt, to some degree, about mending fences. Whether they be Bruce and Selina, Gordon and Bullock, or Oswald and Nigma.

It was nice to see Bruce and Selina have a sub-plot to themselves again, since it's been a really long time since we've seen the two interact in a way where there wasn't some kind of tension or attitude driving them away from each other. These two still have terrific chemistry even if they're not yet in their classic dynamic quite yet. And their fight in that fence's office reminded me a lot of Batman: The Telltale Series.
    I'm kind of wondering when they'll end up retconning it so that Bruce and Selina knew each other as kids in the comics. Because you know someone from DC is watching this show and thinking about it.

I wasn't in any rush to see Headhunter back but he and Zsasz have a fun dynamic. Though I wonder what's next for Zsasz with Sofia in a coma and Penguin probably being none too eager to welcome him back with open arms after his betrayal.
    I'm just surprised Headhunter came back. He's been in two episodes of this show and I think that's more appearances than he's had in the comics. I don't know if anyone else remembers the '90s Batman comics, but they introduced a lot of antagonists back then and very few of them stuck (the Gotham Gargoyle, Pagan, the Harpy, Crash & Burn, Metalhead, Headhunter, etc. And those are just from the 12 issue stint I read back then). I think only Bane and Anarky made it out of that decade.

Who wants to bet that Butch's attempt to restore himself will end up turning him back into Grundy? Although I'm kind of surprised he's in such a rush to go back to normal given how useful his Grundy body is.
    I guess Butch isn't the type who takes to being a "freak". Which is unfortunate because the "freaks" will run the crime in that city before long.

Mr. Freeze had a pretty good day. Not only did he get himself into Penguin's good graces by helping him with his plan but Freeze also got the money he wanted to fund his attempts to turn back to normal.
    About time things were looking up for Victor. He doesn't get too do much on this show.

How fitting it is for Penguin and Riddler to renew their friendship and partnership then at the very pier that has proven so pivotal to their shifting relationship, time-and-time again .
    Still not sure why Riddler's working with Penguin again after he killed his girlfriend. Or was that his "Ed" personality?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm kind of wondering when they'll end up retconning it so that Bruce and Selina knew each other as kids in the comics. Because you know someone from DC is watching this show and thinking about it.

I'm just surprised Headhunter came back. He's been in two episodes of this show and I think that's more appearances than he's had in the comics. I don't know if anyone else remembers the '90s Batman comics, but they introduced a lot of antagonists back then and very few of them stuck (the Gotham Gargoyle, Pagan, the Harpy, Crash & Burn, Metalhead, Headhunter, etc. And those are just from the 12 issue stint I read back then). I think only Bane and Anarky made it out of that decade.

I guess Butch isn't the type who takes to being a "freak". Which is unfortunate because the "freaks" will run the crime in that city before long.

About time things were looking up for Victor. He doesn't get too do much on this show.

Still not sure why Riddler's working with Penguin again after he killed his girlfriend. Or was that his "Ed" personality?
    You know, 'Bros before hos'.

Just when I'm thinking why no one ever gets hit with all these bullets flying, Jim gets shot. A lot. That was pretty intense, I'm glad Lee came to his rescue.

Bruce and Selina was great, I wonder if they'll rekindle things.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there's any going back for Lee into the person she once was. She's basically a crime boss teetering on the edge of becoming another Gotham Supervillain at this point.
    Something's got to happen to bring her back to a more healer/pacifist role. Maybe an innocent gets hurt because of something she does.

I'm partially convinced that Barbara's plot is going to explain there is Lazarus...essence...in the air and that's why people in Gotham don't die so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Wasn't Victor Zsasz himself from that era? And he made it into a movie.

Mighty Member

That wrecking ball scene. Wow!!!!!

I gotta say this is the prettiest Demon Head ever.

So.... Jerome is looking for the Joker... I have a theory... remember that Bus of Freaks from Indian Hill... There was another Psychopath with an eerily similar laugh.... who looked a lot like Jerome but wasnt apparently

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I gotta say this is the prettiest Demon Head ever.
    Without a doubt.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Did the show replace Scarecrow's actor? He wasn't that tall last time we saw him. It's also strange how he had his sack and voice modular from the jump.

Mighty Member

I appreciated all the nods to Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, right down to Lunkhead showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did the show replace Scarecrow's actor? He wasn't that tall last time we saw him. It's also strange how he had his sack and voice modular from the jump.
    Yeah, Charlie Tahan was replaced after his second appearance this season.

Didn't that girl seem a little too young to be a guard at an insane asylum? She didn't even look over 18 .

I guess that's one way to get around the Scarecrow recasting by keeping him in his mask the entire time. I like him and Hatter being so respectful towards one another .

Bruce and Selina are feeling more and more like Batman and Catwoman by the episode. All they're missing is Selina flirting with him and Bruce trying to arrest her...

I guess calling Ra's group the "League of Shadows" saves them the trouble of comparisons to the Arrowverse.

I thought Ra's planned for Bruce to take his place? Isn't that why he was so focused on Bruce killing him? Was Barbara his backup plan?

I'll say the League of Shadows is weak if one guy can get easily killed by Barbara Kean.

I would think Talia would be mighty ticked that Barbara's taken her birthright (assuming she even exists in this universe).

Given how far Jim has fallen from season 1 I guess it's good to see him finally acknowledge how much of a hypocrite he must seem compared to Bullock now.

"No heroes here." Is that why we need Batman? Oh wait, he stabbed a guy. Carry on...