Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

I liked the finale, and it basically put the characters where they needed to be, but I still don't buy Bruce's decision to become Batman. We got so little of him, he already made the choice to become Batman without having seen the condition Gotham is in. If we had more, I would've loved to see scenes with Bruce and Alfred (and Lucius, who seems to be in on it). So no Wayne Manor, no Batcave, no name drop (only Penguin even so much as acknowledged the costume looks like a bat) but at least the last shot was of a costumed Batman.

I'd be disappointed in that we got a definitive origin story for Mr. J if he didn't look so great. Echo, on the other hand, was pointless. She never got to hench for Ed, and she wasn't much of a Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm kinda glad Camren Bicondova stepped aside for the finale, though I hope she did so willingly and for genuine artistic reasons. Frankly, Selina's change was the only one I really bought.

Though that said, I am glad David Mazouz got to wear the Batsuit, on screen. His bruce wayne isn't the best, IMO, but all the same, he's earned it.
    I liked that the new Selina actress had the same hairstyle, but I feel like her speech to Bruce in the shadows should've gone to Camren. Technically, we didn't even really see what Bruce plus ten years actually looks like either.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I liked that the new Selina actress had the same hairstyle, but I feel like her speech to Bruce in the shadows should've gone to Camren. Technically, we didn't even really see what Bruce plus ten years actually looks like either.
    At least they used his voice and face. There's no way they would have been able to give us "Batman Bruce" on a tv budget. I liked the actress they chose for Selina and the hair really sold it.

I never looked at the spoiler stuff that showed Batman or anything, and I wasn't expecting to see him in full costume in action. (although he was running around as Batman, we just couldn't see it) So for me, the build-up to the final shot worked for me. The only problem is Batman appears just when Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham in a really big way? That's not the smartest, but whatever. If anything, I would have thought we'd only get to see the Joker wake up when Batman shows up, so that bit at Ace was pretty cool. We still got a Batman v. Joker scene, which was pretty cool.

And is it me, or did they intentionally make the window look like the Penguin when he jumped through it?? (there's even the old cigarette holder in his lips) There's no way that's a coincidence, but I can't imagine the significance.

Is there more stuff in that image or is there nothing at all? I can't be making this up...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-29-2019 at 05:48 AM.

I'm kinda glad Camren Bicondova stepped aside for the finale, though I hope she did so willingly and for genuine artistic reasons. Frankly, Selina's change was the only one I really bought.
    From what I've read, she stepped aside at her own request because she thought it was best. Got to respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From what I've read, she stepped aside at her own request because she thought it was best. Got to respect that.
    From what Camren herself posted it didn't sound like she has a choice in the matter and was just being a good soldier by acting like she accepted it. Why would an actress who owned the role
    for 5 seasons not want to be in the finale? Everyone else still left on the show was in it. I thought it was a terrible idea because her replacement didn't add anything to the character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From what Camren herself posted it didn't sound like she has a choice in the matter and was just being a good soldier by acting like she accepted it. Why would an actress who owned the role
    for 5 seasons not want to be in the finale? Everyone else still left on the show was in it. I thought it was a terrible idea because her replacement didn't add anything to the character.
    She was at least convincing as an adult/someone who's changed and grown in the last 10 years

liked the finale, Im gonna miss many of these characters. I kinda wish they'd do some tv movies like they're gonna do for Walking Dead.

Extraordinary Member

The plot points the finale hit were all good, but it felt really rushed. I think they needed to make it a 2-hour finale and especially spend more time building a rapport and trust between Gordon and Batman.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The plot points the finale hit were all good, but it felt really rushed. I think they needed to make it a 2-hour finale and especially spend more time building a rapport and trust between Gordon and Batman.
    I get the feeling Gordon already knows he's Bruce.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I get the feeling Gordon already knows he's Bruce.
    Yeah. Alfred couldn't have been more obvious about it if he stated it outright. Still would have liked to have seen them have an actual connection built up here after the show tried to hit home that Gordon was like a father to Bruce.

The Penguin needs more respect, or I should say Robin Lord Taylor needs more respect for what he did with that role.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The Penguin needs more respect, or I should say Robin Lord Taylor needs more respect for what he did with that role.
    I agree -- he walked that tightrope between being camp and being genuine. I never didn't feel that he had real feelings behind his actions regardless of how crazy the situations got or how campy everything else was around him.

I thought he was great and it was such an inspired take on the character. BTW was he wearing some kind of semi-fat suit? I wasn't sure but then Riddler commented about his weight, lol.

BANNED

I’m already missing this show

Astonishing Member

Finally caught up on this and they really didn’t need to replace cat girl. Nobody else looked ten year older, except joker, lol.

She was at least convincing as an adult/someone who's changed and grown in the last 10 years
    10 years from now the boy who plays Bruce gonna still look like a little boy to me. Unless he puts on drastic muscle or fat to alter his appearance. I gave up on this show after season 3 was over is it worth just turning in for the Finale?