Page 35 of 198 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member

Maybe Bruce can go on a school field trip to a farm and meet young Clark and --- nevermind!

I agree that it is a cop show. The problem is that the second wave of superheroes in DC doesn't start till Clark flies. Of course, look forward to episodes of Bruce entering puberty. Or the crisis when Alfred finds him wearing black panties over grey pantyhose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post

A testimont that this show is so successful, Fox is using gotham to promote their other shows.
    it's probably because "Gotham" Makes A Better Starter than Sleepy Hollow

Incredible Member

The funny part is, penguin's only doing this is because Gordon is his "friend."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    The funny part is, penguin's only doing this is because Gordon is his "friend."
    a lot of people see him as trying to manipulate gordon but does he really view gordon as his friend somehow?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Penguin told his mother in private that he considers Gordon his friend, and I don't know what motive he'd have to lie to her about it.

Of course, he's the kind of guy who would show up at school one day with a gun and shoot all his "friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    I'd be interested to see what treatment "Gotham" (Fox TV) can provide for the diabolical Mr. Freeze.

Mr. Freeze is one of Batman's strangest nemeses. Once a respected man of science, the accidents which caused harm to him and his wife whom he obsesses over effectively motivated him to become a bizarre vigilante.

Mr. Freeze has a powerful 'ice-gun' with which he paralyzes his victims by literally freezing them with it.

Mr. Freeze believes society is to blame for the demise of his wife and him, and no one seems to be able to cure his cold heart.

Mr. Freeze represents human anxieties about grief and loss and the rage that comes with it, so I'd like to see if "Gotham" (Fox TV) presents an early portrait of this psychology-intrigue villain.
    sorry, I haven't watch the episode.
    Where should I look for said Mr. Freeze portrait, and what kind of portrait should I be looking for: a Victor Fries or a Mr Freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    sorry, I haven't watch the episode.
    Where should I look for said Mr. Freeze portrait, and what kind of portrait should I be looking for: a Victor Fries or a Mr Freeze?
    Basically the B:TAS show.

Extraordinary Member

You could have a sympathetic Victor Fries working with his wife pre-accident in a Gotham lab somewhere.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I want an episode where Joker shows up and taunts Gordon, saying "You can't catch me, you bad Joe Friday cosplayer! I'm a Bat-villain! Only Batman can defeat me, and he doesn't even have pubes yet! HAHAHAHA!!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Penguin told his mother in private that he considers Gordon his friend, and I don't know what motive he'd have to lie to her about it.

Of course, he's the kind of guy who would show up at school one day with a gun and shoot all his "friends."
    well he also didn't tell his mother that he killed some guys he hired with poisoned desserts or that he killed a man for a sandwich and another man for his shoes

then again telling anyone something like that would end poorly....right now i view Penguin as the neutral villain someone that exists to give gordon a helping hand against the other criminals not only to gain power but to save the city in a bizarre sense...because as he said it himself "Gotham's My Home"

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think they need to use some discretion in how many Bat villains they pile into this series. It's going to be awkward and kind of frustrating if we have legions of supervillains running around who can't be killed or permanently defeated until Batman comes to get them, ten years or more from now.
    That's why I think it's interesting introducing them before they were villains. I'm not worried that the police scientist can't be killed, I don't think it limits their use of him. Even in comics they can't be killed permanently so I like them trying to find other things to do for drama than deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You could have a sympathetic Victor Fries working with his wife pre-accident in a Gotham lab somewhere.
    Yeah it doesn't have to be a big deal to still be interesting.

BANNED

I do think Penguin genuinely considers Gordon a friend, though obviously his perception of reality is..off. It seems like Gordon was the first person(besides his mother I guess) to do something decent for him without expecting anything in return. This doesn't mean I don't think Oswald will try to use Jim to his advantage, but I do think in his mind he see's Jim as a friend.

It's certainly an interesting dynamic between the two. I see a lot of people say Oswald is the best character, but some aren't too fond of the character of Jim Gordon. I think the potential friendship between these two could bridge that gap, making Jim a more interesting character while at the same time fleshing out more of Penguin's own story.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-03-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    well he also didn't tell his mother that he killed some guys he hired with poisoned desserts or that he killed a man for a sandwich and another man for his shoes

then again telling anyone something like that would end poorly....right now i view Penguin as the neutral villain someone that exists to give gordon a helping hand against the other criminals not only to gain power but to save the city in a bizarre sense...because as he said it himself "Gotham's My Home"
    Good point. Penguin could be the force of order that keeps Gotham from exploding long before Batman arrives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Good point. Penguin could be the force of order that keeps Gotham from exploding long before Batman arrives.
    correct otherwise how is he gonna keep himself out of trouble and keep gordon from sending him straight to jail? they both need each other

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" Starting to like Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean. Whoa Mr. Zsasz! Nice save by Montoya and Allen. The Penguins scenes continue to entertain me and I wasn't expecting the reveal at the end.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison