Page 39 of 198 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Interesting that the same actor who plays Zsasz here, plays the Mist on THE FLASH.
    Really? That's just amazing. Thought he was good for this role, though voice wasn't what I hoped, after Batman: Arkham City.

Sure he's Mist and Zsasz?

Also, to Andrew, sure, they can be some of the best, y'know? Easy kills, hard kills, half worked kills. Kills are kills, and have earned a scar if Victor makes it, even the last shot, or stab.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I don't think so myself. Can point out a number that don't hate them, and I certainly don't. Doubt if you look through all of Gotham they do either, so she CANNOT. Locked away now anyway, but once people open their minds, stand up and realize this nonsense isn't on, hating one group like a bunch of prejudicial bigots doesn't make sense, or work.
    Yeah cause bigotry isn't real.....oh wait it is. So it makes sense and works for her. And I didn't realize you lived in Gotham and knew others from there.

It's not like she has powers over everyone, she was able to motivate like minded individuals to want to extinguish a group they hated.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 11-05-2014 at 01:10 PM.

I liked the way most of this episode built the tension, leading up to that confrontation with Falcone. I was cheesed off at Barbara for being so stupid and ruining this cimactic moment. I wanted to see how far it could go. So I didn't appreciate this anti-climax with Barbara.

Still, that did give us the "Funkytown" ringtone. So it wasn't a total waste.

I almost think Barbara is actually working for Falcone. Just like the honeypot working for Fish in Falcone's house--maybe Barbara is secretly working for Falcone and that whole scene was a set-up. However, that seems far too contrived even for this series.

I can't figure out what the deal is with the chickens. I don't think they just serve as convenient cover for Falcone's meetings with Cobblepot. I think they are meant to represent something. But I don't know what.

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow glazed with rain beside the white chickens--as they say.

I liked how Alfred showed up in the nick of time. But I wish they would do more with him. Give him a part to play in Gordon's war on crime.
    Yeah, I was wondering about the chickens as well, myself. Not sure what it is, but could be like the birds thing with Penguin.

Or, don't count your chickens before they hatch, which might be good advice for Falcone, especially, like with Mooney and her weapon, or the alliance with Oswald, when he could bump this bird off their roost, just like Mooney and Maroni.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Yeah cause bigotry isn't real.....oh wait it is. So it makes sense and works for her. And I didn't realize you lived in Gotham and knew others from there.

It's not like she has powers over everyone, she was able to motivate like minded individuals to want to extinguish a group they hated.
    I'm going to ignore the first part of that comment, because it's needlessly smart, or obnoxious, when I am wanting to focus on the good here, not the bad.

Not all in Gotham would be the same.

Not all in like hate the so called 1%. We're all people at the end of the day, and if we took away all money and land ownership, what truly divided us theirein, not in regards race, sexuality, age.

True, to the last comment.

I liked how Alfred showed up in the nick of time. But I wish they would do more with him. Give him a part to play in Gordon's war on crime.
    Did Alfred save Gordon in PU? I had a headache watching both Spirit of the Goat and Penguins' Umbrella, which was today, so it's not as clear in my head.

Also, would anyone like Venom to make a comeback in Season 1, or the show?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    Seriously! The ending of last night's episode had me suspended in mid air as I was pulled off the edge of my seat and began orbiting the television set. I never saw any of the epicness coming. Penguin works directly for Falcone? WOW! Penguin is the reason Jim Gordon is alive. Barbara went to the big man on behalf of Gordon's life? WOW! JUST WOW! This show is really finding it's feet and wings and it's just getting better and better. I love The Flash too!
    Also, am I right in saying that was Mooneys' weapon, not giving Zsasz any cakes, but laying them out for Barbara?

I do understand that she may well have saved Gordons' life, but... They were both so close. Got James - how much of a scared eejit, running out! Easy enough to have gotten him, not like Falcone, where it's like, all the people, guns, psychos and all.

And, wished he'd managed to get a bit further, y'know? All the easier doing it with Bullock, and I guess letting Harv sleep with the Duchess - what a burly woman! - was the most he could do, for him walking into the pits of Hell, to catch the Devil... or the chap in charge.

Retired

In case anyone was wondering--the "so much depends upon . . ." is a quote from William Carlos Williams. But I messed up in transcribing the words and accidentally left out one word--which is "water."

The poem goes:

so much depends
    upon

a red wheel
    barrow

glazed with rain
    water

beside the white
    chickens

This poem was in one of my high school English classes and I never forgot it. Of course, in GOTHAM the chickens aren't white and I didn't see a red wheel barrow, but the scene with Falcone and Cobblepot had rain water.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Mayor was hysterical though "Everything's back to normal. Bye now!"
    I think the line "Was back to work now". What motivated him to dash off like that was the threat to kill Bullock and Gordon. The mayor's smart enough to know he can't be on site for a cop killing no matter how in bed he is with Falcone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Also, no one else has said it yet so I guess I'll just throw it out there: It's got to be the ultimate depiction so far of Bullock and who he is that on what he thought was going to be the last night of his life he chose as his last hurrah to get drunk and have sex with an overweight hooker. Now that's just hilarious.
    Agreed 100%!

Love the little stare off between Fish and Penguin. You can tell she's about to explode every time she looks at him.

Another thing I liked is that Falcone's no fool. He's playing both Maroni and Fish. And now I actually feel bad for Fish's secret weapon. Here this poor girl thought she'd get this big payoff, but will most likely die in some horrific fashion.
    Last edited by maczero; 11-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I'm wondering something about this episode- surely the corruption level in the Gotham P.D. had its clearest illustration so far when Zsasz strolled into police headquarters, announced that he was there to kidnap a detective and ordered 50 cops to all leave the room... and in front of their boss they all obeyed him! Can it really just go back to business as usual after that? I guess in Gotham, maybe it can.

Also, no one else has said it yet so I guess I'll just throw it out there: It's got to be the ultimate depiction so far of Bullock and who he is that on what he thought was going to be the last night of his life he chose as his last hurrah to get drunk and have sex with an overweight hooker. Now that's just hilarious.
    Sure she was a prostitute? Thought she was just someone that rascally rabbit, Bullock, picked up?

And yeah, I definitely agree with that, but at least there was a pause, and they didn't leave straightaway. That was something, though it could've been about clarity, or politeness.

And liked that Essen asked was Gordon sure as well.

Also, anyone hope this Victor Zsasz comes back here? And, after this, that he's back in the Ben Affleck films, or DCCU? Maybe more prominent than in Batman Begins?

Mighty Member

I hope Zsasz comes back just to hear his Funky Town ringtone again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Another thing I liked is that Falcone's no fool. He's playing both Maroni and Fish. And now I actually feel bad for Fish's secret weapon. Here this poor girl thought she'd get this big payoff, but will most likely die in some horrific fashion.
    I actually think she might succeed ... but so will Penguin at killing Fish and ousting Maroni from power, leaving Penguin in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    @Kensei, Yeah, Zsasz showing up was totally unexpected and what an epic entrance he made; sort of like when Darth Maul showed up in "The Phantom Menace" and totally dominated.

@Jack Flag, I'm sorry man but you seem like you're just here to complain and be ticked off by what what doesn't sit right with your taste and opinions although we are all entitled to our opinions I just don't like downers. It is because of people like you that shows that I and other people like me enjoy always get cancelled. Nonetheless, I do agree that Young Bruce should have been in his mid-teens instead of his pre-teens but only time will tell how the show takes him from boy to Young Bat vigilante. I mean, I had the same complaint when I first saw boy child Anakin in 'TPM' but then episode II happened and it was all taken care of. Perhaps, the show is going to speed dial things in the next season. This last episode had some pretty faced paced moves almost reminiscent of how stuff goes down at lighting speed in a anime like Naruto.
    That you think Anakin character did not suck by episode II (his portrayal sucked in all 3) means I can negate your criticism of my criticism. Also, thanks for agreeing with me regardless.

Interesting that the same actor who plays Zsasz here, plays the Mist on THE FLASH.
    Did this actor play the watcher guy from Fringe? I can look it up on IMDB but....
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 11-05-2014 at 02:26 PM.

BANNED

Next Week's Episode is really pointing to a bigger focus on Bruce And Alfred(what with Mister Pennyworth teaching Young bruce how to fight)but i hope Mr.Oni Mask(Black mask's dad)doesn't turn out to be a joke tier villain used to build up gordon's power level and that he also doesn't steal the spotlight away from others that could really use the time to shine