Page 42 of 198 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And let's not forget -- Bruce doesn't become Batman by hanging around Gotham City. He trains with masters throughout the world. (Unless the Gotham Bruce is radically different from the comic Bruce -- always a possibility.)
    That's certainly an option if they want to ease Bruce out of the picture (for a while, at least) and focus more on Gordon and the others. Have him go off into the world after season 1 to begin his training. Maybe check in with him each season to see his progress... or maybe even do a spinoff action/adventure series that follows Bruce as he evolves into Batman.

BANNED

Anyone else sad that robin lord taylor wasn't nominated for 2015 people's choice awards?

Oh, no... tonight's episode is a Fight Club riff?

Come on... is there a single genre TV show in the world that hasn't done a Fight Club episode? What a lazy, hackneyed cliche.

I'll be skipping this one.

Retired

Skip or quit? There are events that make me quit a series (usually when a character that I like dies), but if I'm into a series, it's hard for to skip any episodes--as there's likely to be information in there that I will need to understand for future episodes.

I will probably sit through it and zone out during the non-continuity parts. But it's not a good sign for a show to be doing a blowoff episode like this so early.

I like the show, but I'm not committed to it yet.

Incredible Member

I think the show has to relax a bit after last week's nail biter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I think the show has to relax a bit after last week's nail biter.
    yeah i think someone on youtube(Afterbuzz channel)said that they need to slow down and have a few more filler episodes because they don't wanna rush through this arkham war and run out of material before the season is even finished

Well, a "fight club" episode is pretty much the ultimate filler... total fill-in-the-blanks cliche.

If they want a tension-reliever, they should do a comedy episode.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Reading through the last couple of pages makes me think- yes this is a Batman-less show, but everyone knows he is coming and that's ultimately the whole reason why the show exists in the first place, so unless it lasts for as long as "The X-Files" which I think probably holds a live action longevity record at FOX, and evolves into a Batman show, both of which are extremely unlikely, then maybe the best way to end the series would be similar to the way "Smallville" ended. Series finale, ending scene- young adult Bruce goes out into the night in full costume for the first time.

OR- even as I'm writing this the ending of "Batman Begins" springs to mind. Some interaction between the newly arrived Batman and the newly promoted Gordon would also be a great way to end.
    GORDON: "I never said thank you."
    BATMAN: "And you'll never have to."
    That was one of the most perfect endings to a movie I've ever seen.
    Now imagine that ending with the context of Gordon having watched Bruce grow up and knowing perfectly damn well who Batman is. And Batman knowing that he knows.

The bullies were pointless characters but it's nice to see Bruce resolve it early.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers*'*

Geez! Alfred teaching Bruce self-defense is one thing. But chauffering him to the bully's house and giving him brass knuckles to set it off!! Geez, this is like those soccer moms who drive their kids to a street fight..

Oh, man.. Looks like Bruce isn't becoming Batman despite Alfred's best efforts, Alfred is basically steering him towards it.. lol..

Anyone else not happy with the actor cast as Sionis/Black Mask. I didn't catch a first name so maybe its daddy Sionis and not Roman. The guy just isn't very intimidating. Good enough actor, has had small parts in a lot of tv shows. Now that I think about it, its more likely that its Romans father. Age and the way the trailers presented both make me believe that.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 8 "The Mask" While I didn't really care for the Penguin or the Fish Mooney scenes I thought the case Gordon was investigating was interesting. Nice to see Todd Stashwick show up as Black Mask. The kid who plays Tommy Elliot is pretty creepy and seeing Bruce punch him in the face was kind of satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone else not happy with the actor cast as Sionis/Black Mask. I didn't catch a first name so maybe its daddy Sionis and not Roman. The guy just isn't very intimidating. Good enough actor, has had small parts in a lot of tv shows. Now that I think about it, its more likely that its Romans father. Age and the way the trailers presented both make me believe that.
    I liked him in Burn Notice and Justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The bullies were pointless characters but it's nice to see Bruce resolve it early.
    Introducing Hush is pointless?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Mighty Member

I liked how the gladiator like games were held in a office area.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post

Introducing Hush is pointless?
    Yep.
    *tenchars*
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.