Page 50 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    I liked this episode, but was anyone bugged by the fact that Bruce knows 2/3 of the Gotham Sirens as children?

Also liked Copperhead and the portrayal of a less "psycho" assassin.
    I presume Catwoman and Poison Ivy are two. Would Harley Quinn be the third?

And was it just me, or did Ivy end up with a lot more dialogue in this episode, compared to the Pilot, and fairly agressive?

I suppose she had reason to be, with her Dad killed, framed and her mother having committed suicide by the sounds of things.

Things sound a fair bit better for her now, than being abused, or her mother, an alcoholic father/drinking father, and all that.

Wonder will Hush, Batman, Catwoman and Poison Ivy be the only ones that are really young, in comparison to Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, or others?

Ah yes, there is Scarecrow of course. Crane Senior, and Crane Junior, so maybe there's a fifth.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

I'm pretty bummed that we're at the midseason point already which is a bummer because we have to wait for a while for new episodes but I do have to say that it's a pretty darn good show right now! I'm a huge Jim Gordon fan but after seeing Alfred in the last few episodes, he's becoming a favorite as well!

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    Who needs Batman, the way Gordon & Alfred be kickin ass
    NA-NA-NA-NA-NA BUTLER-MAN!

Yes, I felt very much the same. The shooting of him, the speed and strength. The determination, the endurance.

Was awesome, and the hug between 'im and Masta Bruce was really touching, and got me.

Left me wondering if Michael Caine and Jeremy Irons as Alfred would be up and able for the same thing, though I doubt Michael Gough. My Dad pointed out the younger age for Pennyworth here, so maybe it and his background here are very much part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Even if there's a darker side to him, and a darker future, I would've hoped, even then, and especially now, he would've done more, as Gordon had.
    I think the idea is that he was always a two-faced hypocrite. He's not a villain exactly, but even now he doesn't have it in him to be a hero.

Aaron Cash? Who is that, Guy?
    http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Aaron_C...kham_Asylum%29
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

My favorite comicbook related show. Just the right combo of gritty and comic book over the top to be a fun ride. I like to see the more noble side to Mooney. It makes her character a lot more well rounded. I don't need her to be an anti hero, just have a bit more depth.

Incredible Member

And was it just me, or did Ivy end up with a lot more dialogue in this episode, compared to the Pilot, and fairly agressive?

I loved it! Though it was just a brief appearance she was psycho to the point of taking her place next to the greatest of horror movie children like Damien, the killer toddler from "Pet Semetery" and that crazed little boy from "The Twilight Zone." When Selina freaked out and got Bruce out of there it was like she was thinking, "My god, she's going to kill us all."

I fear I may have nightmares now about Ivy wishing me into the cornfield.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think the idea is that he was always a two-faced hypocrite. He's not a villain exactly, but even now he doesn't have it in him to be a hero.
    I can't stand this version of Harvey Dent. Instead of being one of the best of us, he's a whiny hypocrite that confirms the worst stereotypes of lawyers.

But it's salvageable if they do the following: Make Harvey Dent the Senior.

He's the type of ******* whom would name his son the very same name.

Now we get where Harvey Dent Jr would get a ton of neurosis, understate the fate he's trying to avoid, and the tragedy of the situation when it does happen.

two other things:

1. it might sound hypocritical, but I'm really liking the mayor. This is a man whose horribly out of his depth and trying to keep the running as soundly as possible without himself or his family dying in the process.

I remember the actor from the New Carol Brunette show and Spin City and I'm impressed how far he's come.

2. Gotham is a living cautionary tale about the need for universal health care. We only need to look at the children that are about to become supervillains and arkham asylum to show why the 1% shouldn't be allowed to run things. .
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 11-26-2014 at 06:10 AM.

This show.... still on fence about it

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    This show.... still on fence about it
    Well, get OFF i'm, eh? Fish'll me giving out. After all, she KNOWS all the fences in Gotham.

Oh, sounds very unpleasant. Could be interesting, and fit, though, although not sure that thing with Killer Croc'd be able to happen here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I can't stand this version of Harvey Dent. Instead of being one of the best of us, he's a whiny hypocrite that confirms the worst stereotypes of lawyers.

But it's salvageable if they do the following: Make Harvey Dent the Senior.

He's the type of ******* whom would name his son the very same name.

Now we get where Harvey Dent Jr would get a ton of neurosis, understate the fate he's trying to avoid, and the tragedy of the situation when it does happen.

two other things:

1. it might sound hypocritical, but I'm really liking the mayor. This is a man whose horribly out of his depth and trying to keep the running as soundly as possible without himself or his family dying in the process.

I remember the actor from the New Carol Brunette show and Spin City and I'm impressed how far he's come.

2. Gotham is a living cautionary tale about the need for universal health care. We only need to look at the children that are about to become supervillains and arkham asylum to show why the 1% shouldn't be allowed to run things. .
    I didn't really see it that way. It seems that he genuinely cares about seeing justice done, but knows that Gotham is not a place where that is easy.

So what are people's thoughts on this show's version of Copperhead?

Oh, sounds very unpleasant. Could be interesting, and fit, though, although not sure that thing with Killer Croc'd be able to happen here.

Thanks.
    You're welcome!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    So what are people's thoughts on this show's version of Copperhead?
    Copperhead? Who be that? One of the inmates, criminals working for the different bosses, or one of the assassins?

Also, anyone else reminded of Talia Al Ghul with the female assassin? Seemed very flexible, almost elastic and fairly strong. Was actually worried for a few seconds that she'd killed Gordon earlier, and thought '...Wait, did she?', and even went as far as asking my Dad, 'They can't kill off Gordon, can they?'

Left wondering why she left Bruce live. As she said, wasn't a target, and maybe fair enough that he would reveal whether Selina was there or not, and all that.

Wish she'd stuck by him more, like how he stuck by his morals, and what he felt right, but she did a lot of that too, sure, with saying he wouldn't be able to jump the distance between the two buildings, pulling him in when it semed he might fall, taking him away from an unhinged danger, in Ivy.

Or, when one of the assassins, or one of Clyde Martins' people, came in, quickly getting down, and attacking them, saving her and Bruce.

Very, very quick, though, considering how far up she'd been, and the time at which he'd be getting towards, or at the door.