Page 53 of 198 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

  1. #781
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    They gotta start slow playing the nuts... Escalation is happening opposite here... but the time Batman comes to Gotham, GCPD will be guardian level status with all they have had to deal with before Batman.
    Seriously. Bruce can barely throw a punch and yet it seems like the Joker is just around the corner

  2. #782
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    They gotta start slow playing the nuts... Escalation is happening opposite here... but the time Batman comes to Gotham, GCPD will be guardian level status with all they have had to deal with before Batman.
    What do you mean, escalation is happening opposite? Going up and up, with no Batman?

    And, what do you mean, guardian level status?

    I do sort of get what you mean. But, things are supposed to be pretty bad before Batman arrives, and that's one of the big reasons he comes to be. Because of such crass corruption, violence, all the criminal power, and how little affect/effect the Police, politicians and so on have in the city.

    That's why they need the good cops they have, like Gordon, Bullock, even the boss to a degree, and of course, people like Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, Huntress, Spoiler.

  3. #783
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    The first episode of 2015, Season 1, Episode 10 - Rogues' Gallery, is next Monday, on FOX.



    What're peoples' hopes for it?

  4. #784
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,649

    Default

    I think it'll be alright, hoping we see more depth to the Falcones.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  5. #785
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think it'll be alright, hoping we see more depth to the Falcones.
    How far are you into Gotham, Debko?

  6. #786
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,649

    Default

    If I recall just right, its after the Dent episode. Its on a hiatus until March.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  7. #787
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If I recall just right, its after the Dent episode. Its on a hiatus until March.
    Poor you, Debko! If one watches it...through less scrupulous means, such as I, then they'd be up to date and staying that way.

    Is it Channel 5 you watch it through, or Netflix, perhaps?

    Least you've watched all episodes as of now, then, from Pilot to LoveCraft.

  8. #788
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Here's an interview, or a few bits, with Morena Baccarin, Leslie Thompkins, in Gotham:

    http://screenrant.com/gotham-tv-show...racter-arkham/

  9. #789
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Poor you, Debko! If one watches it...through less scrupulous means, such as I, then they'd be up to date and staying that way.

    Is it Channel 5 you watch it through, or Netflix, perhaps?

    Least you've watched all episodes as of now, then, from Pilot to LoveCraft.
    Channel 5. And yes, there are other options

    BUT REVENGE IS BACK!
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  10. #790
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Episode 11 "Rogues' Gallery" Nice to see Isiah Whitlock from The Wire and Christopher Heyerdahl from Hell on Wheels show up. I've been looking forward to Leslie Thompkins appearing and I think Morena Baccarin is a good addition to the show.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  11. #791
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    I liked how Jim had to question the Arkham inmates.

  12. #792
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    803

    Default

    great gravy

    the Swede in gotham.

    The Joker's got nothing on him.

  13. #793
    Misunderstood Specialist spacegoatpurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    907

    Default

    It was almost unbearable watching Ben McKenzie & Morena Baccarin horrible acting tonight. I could deal with Ben's bad acting in the past cause he was the only one, but now its 2 of em

  14. #794
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    I kept expecting Dr Lang aka Clay Davis to do his The Wire catchphrase.

    Ivy trolling Barbara was hilarious.

  15. #795
    Senior Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    On a bridge over troubled water
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What do you mean, escalation is happening opposite? Going up and up, with no Batman?

    And, what do you mean, guardian level status?

    I do sort of get what you mean. But, things are supposed to be pretty bad before Batman arrives, and that's one of the big reasons he comes to be. Because of such crass corruption, violence, all the criminal power, and how little affect/effect the Police, politicians and so on have in the city.

    That's why they need the good cops they have, like Gordon, Bullock, even the boss to a degree, and of course, people like Batman, Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, Huntress, Spoiler.
    Yet the carnie criminals came with Batman and not before. It was the masked vigilante's presence what encouraged the madmen and lunatics to put on a mask and start terrorizing the good citizens of Gotham and not the other way around. At this point there should be gangs and mobsters, corrupt politicians and cops. I should give this series a new shot, probably, but I kind of like my continuity not so mangled to fit the need to incorporate as many elements as they might from the comics to say "hey, kids lookie here! we got Professor Pyg and Montoya and Crispus Allen tho' this last two should be around the same age that the kids on the show are"

    Miller got it right on Year One. Bruce Wayne became a bat to terrorize the cowardly superstitious lot. And as an answer to that, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Penguin and the like started to wear their own disguises.
    Next Weekend I'll watch all episodes at once. Hopefully it has improved.

    Cheers!
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

    I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •