Page 54 of 198 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

  1. #796
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Load a of people gave agents of shield a chance, the gotham episodes so far, are way better compared. Give the show a chance to tell it's on story.

  2. #797
    Misunderstood Specialist spacegoatpurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I kept expecting Dr Lang aka Clay Davis to do his The Wire catchphrase.
    lmaoooo same.

  3. #798
    Veteran Member PretenderNX01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    I like how the whole plot is shaping up. Everybody is after Falcone's spot. Butch even has some sort of plan for it. Arkham is interesting.

    I think by the time Batman arrives the city will basically be crying out for a savior which may be why people not only tolerate a man in a costume but embrace him as a hero.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 01-07-2015 at 02:01 AM.

  4. #799
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    great gravy

    the Swede in gotham.

    The Joker's got nothing on him.
    The guy playing Lang, or the guy who was behind the electro stuff? Latter, I know, played the Demon, Alistair, in Season 4 of Supernatural.

  5. #800
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I think by the time Batman arrives the city will basically be crying out for a savior which may be why people not only tolerate a man in a costume but embrace him as a hero.
    But Batman isn't coming for years (if ever, on this show), so we basically know the good guys can't win anything more than small victories until then.

    They'll have to take the attitude that this show is about the fight, not the win. It's very hard to keep a show going for long on that premise, though, especially when they've chosen to play up all the Bat-stuff.

    If you show the Bat-villains in Act 1, you'd better show the Batman in Act 3. That's why I think there will be a forward jump in the timeline between seasons at some point.

  6. #801
    BANNED Crimson Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Shame that, apparently, the next episode, Episode 12 of Season 1, What The Little Bird Told Him, won't air until the 19th of January.

    Especially a shame, when the show just came back yesterday from Winter/Christmas break.

    And, when Rogues' Gallery was such a good episode - even if Ivy IS just horrible.



    And, when the promo therein is just so promising. The Electrocutioner, a more proactive Nygma, a big attempt by Gordon to get his old job back - even if I suspect that won't work, even if he succeeds.

    Wonder why they're going on a week break?

  7. #802
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But Batman isn't coming for years (if ever, on this show), so we basically know the good guys can't win anything more than small victories until then.

    They'll have to take the attitude that this show is about the fight, not the win. It's very hard to keep a show going for long on that premise, though, especially when they've chosen to play up all the Bat-stuff.

    If you show the Bat-villains in Act 1, you'd better show the Batman in Act 3. That's why I think there will be a forward jump in the timeline between seasons at some point.
    It's not about the fight or the win. It's about the regression of Gotham and progression of Jim. I suspect he will have more than small victories under his belt because it will be the accomplishments that justify his promotion to Captain and then to Commissioner.

    Obviously characters like Penguin (sorry, THE Penguin) will continue to gain power even while they have setbacks such as in this episode, but that won't make Jim helpless. For instance, he will clearly take down Electrocutioner.

    I suspect this show will progress much like Smallville. We will see Batman in the last scene of the last episode. Not before. And that's assuming it lasts at least seven seasons.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  8. #803
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Yet the carnie criminals came with Batman and not before. It was the masked vigilante's presence what encouraged the madmen and lunatics to put on a mask and start terrorizing the good citizens of Gotham and not the other way around. At this point there should be gangs and mobsters, corrupt politicians and cops.

    Miller got it right on Year One. Bruce Wayne became a bat to terrorize the cowardly superstitious lot. And as an answer to that, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Penguin and the like started to wear their own disguises.
    What you seem to suggest you want is exactly what we have. We are seeing the mobsters, primarily. The carnie criminals don't exist yet, at least not in carnie form. They didn't just spring to life as costumed maniacs, and we are seeing a take on what they might have been like before the Batman's inspiration.

    I also don't get the problem people have with people's ages in this show. There's been enormous criticism because Harvey Dent is the same age as Batman. Perhaps there is some obscure reference in the comics to suggest this, but it certainly isn't a requirement. I've always thought Two Face was about 10 years older than Batman. Joker and Penguin too, for that matter. The only criminals that need to be around Batman's age are the very physical ones, the ones who try to take him in a fistfight.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  9. #804
    Veteran Member PretenderNX01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    They'll have to take the attitude that this show is about the fight, not the win. It's very hard to keep a show going for long on that premise, though
    Well considering that comics have been published since the late 30s and no superhero has ever won. I think they'll be ok.

    Is cleaning up Arkham even a bit or the police force a "small victory" Heck it's more than Batman has ever accomplished when you think about it.

  10. #805
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    The guy playing Lang, or the guy who was behind the electro stuff? Latter, I know, played the Demon, Alistair, in Season 4 of Supernatural.
    The guy from supernatural

  11. #806
    Senior Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    On a bridge over troubled water
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    What you seem to suggest you want is exactly what we have. We are seeing the mobsters, primarily. The carnie criminals don't exist yet, at least not in carnie form. They didn't just spring to life as costumed maniacs, and we are seeing a take on what they might have been like before the Batman's inspiration.

    I also don't get the problem people have with people's ages in this show. There's been enormous criticism because Harvey Dent is the same age as Batman. Perhaps there is some obscure reference in the comics to suggest this, but it certainly isn't a requirement. I've always thought Two Face was about 10 years older than Batman. Joker and Penguin too, for that matter. The only criminals that need to be around Batman's age are the very physical ones, the ones who try to take him in a fistfight.
    As I said before, this weekend I'll give this series another shot. The presence of Professor Pyg and Ballon Man pushed me away making me believe we were going to get a Gotham post year one 2 decades before Batman donned the cowl. Tell you how it went next sunday.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

    I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

  12. #807
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post

    And, when Rogues' Gallery was such a good episode - even if Ivy IS just horrible.
    And here I was just about to say how much I'm liking Ivy. I think it's surprising how compelling and complex a character she is considering how little screen time she gets. She's so young, yet so extremely damaged. I feel for her and fear her at the same time, like she's in serious need of a hug but would probably stab you in the back while you're doing it. And the fact that she now appears to be very aware of the sexuality that she doesn't even physically have yet is just sad. That father of her's must have been some character. She suffers from the damage he did to her yet it was losing him that pushed her over the edge. Fascinating.

    With the title of Rogue's Gallery I was expecting to see several recognizable figures imprisoned in Arkham. Kind of disappointing that they didn't really do that, but maybe they still will.

    Also, it just hit me- no Bruce or Alfred at all in this one! With what they just went through in the last ep, that's surprising.
    Last edited by Kensei; 01-06-2015 at 05:30 PM.

  13. #808
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Yet the carnie criminals came with Batman and not before. It was the masked vigilante's presence what encouraged the madmen and lunatics to put on a mask and start terrorizing
    isn't that specifically Nolan-verse? Don't think the original batman comics made a point of this.

  14. #809
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    isn't that specifically Nolan-verse? Don't think the original batman comics made a point of this.
    it's a point that's been raised several times in several media, and not just in Batman. Most recent example I can think of is Arkham City. But I don't think it's really something definitive. More like it's just a reflection of the complex mental state of Bruce, to show how this is a possibility that might weigh on his brain.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  15. #810
    Fantastic Member cadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    it's a point that's been raised several times in several media, and not just in Batman. Most recent example I can think of is Arkham City. But I don't think it's really something definitive. More like it's just a reflection of the complex mental state of Bruce, to show how this is a possibility that might weigh on his brain.
    It was a point raised in "The Long Halloween" which inspired nolans Dark Knight movie. I think I read the Gotham show runners said it's also one of the inspirations for this show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •