Page 57 of 198 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Not really. The dialogue was as cheesy as Gotham's. And as for Helena's powers, they were using CG for her roof top leaps so she was definitely well beyond peak human in terms of physical feats.
    As I remember, they re-used the exact same CG clip of the overhead shot of her jumping from roof to roof. In, like, every episode.

I'm used to characters like Buffy and Catwoman and so on doing leaps like that without any superpowers, so it often doesn't really register to me that real people can't do that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    As I remember, they re-used the exact same CG clip of the overhead shot of her jumping from roof to roof. In, like, every episode.

I'm used to characters like Buffy and Catwoman and so on doing leaps like that without any superpowers, so it often doesn't really register to me that real people can't do that.
    Believe me a real person can't do those jumps. And Buffy and Hally Berry's Catwoman had super powers.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Believe me a real person can't do those jumps. And Buffy and Hally Berry's Catwoman had super powers.
    There is no Halle Berry Catwoman in this dojo.

First look at Flying Graysons, in set photos, up now:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-tv-show...-robin-images/

Lightbulb Arkham Tee

If "Gotham" (Fox TV) succeeds in complementing the Batman (DC Comics) empire enough to add feathers to the contention that the Dark Knight is America's version of Sherlock Holmes, then we need the show to focus on what exactly is the symbolic significance of Jim Gordon.

We know from various Batman media such as "Batman: The Animated Series" (Fox TV) and "Batman: Year One" (Frank Miller) and the Hollywood (USA) film "Batman Begins" (2005) that Jim Gordon represents Gotham City's best chance at 'standard crime-fighting,' since he works within the system to expose its bizarreness. Gordon is the perfect 'male secretary' to the bold Batman who otherwise may feel all alone and without any allies in the official police department.

So what would Gordon the secretary have to tell us about a Gotham City milking future super-villains such as the eerie Penguin?

Maybe "Gotham" (Fox TV) will address concerns that Gordon's post at Arkham Asylum will tell us something about the city's developing spiritual soapbox regarding criminal insanity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    First look at Flying Graysons, in set photos, up now:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-tv-show...-robin-images/
    The moment the Court of Owls shows up in Gotham is the moment I stop watching the show and take back every good thing I've said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The moment the Court of Owls shows up in Gotham is the moment I stop watching the show and take back every good thing I've said about it.
    What do they have to do with the Flying Graysons? Any reason?

Episode title and description for Episode 13 up now:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20150107fox01/

Reveal may be big, title alone.

BANNED

What do they have to do with the Flying Graysons? Any reason?
    the court had a big history with the Graysons in the New52. I hated the Court of Owls story in almost every respect.

the court had a big history with the Graysons in the New52. I hated the Court of Owls story in almost every respect.
    What was it about them you disliked? Never read the story, only heard about it, saw things.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

What was it about them you disliked? Never read the story, only heard about it, saw things.
    I haven't read it but I do know people who would actually like the Court to appear so can't win over everyone. Whatever they do will be their own take on it.

Makes little sense, considering the type of show, but, suppose grounded approach works too.

But, doesn't sound very BHarley.
    They wanted her to be pre-Harley though so she was still a therapist. In fact she was Helena's therapist as their twist on the character.
    She blamed Batman for what happened to the Joker so when she figures out Helena is Batman's daughter it all goes crazy(ish)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_o...28TV_series%29

BANNED

It was a BS secret society that existed in Gotham for centuries, apparently with the purpose of corrupting influential people to gain power and money. They created secret headquarters throughout Gotham's skyscrapers, including those owned and built by the Waynes, without Batman ever having known about them beyond a nursery rhyme and not believing they were real. until Bruce's long last insane brother revealed himself to be a member of the group but for the purpose of destroying them and seizing their resources and power (I think, I started to lose interest big time around then). A brother whom Bruce believed to have been dead and, despite the pathological interest he has in investigating his parents' deaths, never discovered otherwise.

The whole story made Bruce/Batman look like the world's most incompetent detective and, while the plot raised some potentially interesting things, was executed so horribly that it soured my taste for Batman comics in general and I haven't read one since.

It was a BS secret society that existed in Gotham for centuries, apparently with the purpose of corrupting influential people to gain power and money. They created secret headquarters throughout Gotham's skyscrapers, including those owned and built by the Waynes, without Batman ever having known about them beyond a nursery rhyme and not believing they were real. until Bruce's long last insane brother revealed himself to be a member of the group but for the purpose of destroying them and seizing their resources and power (I think, I started to lose interest big time around then). A brother whom Bruce believed to have been dead and, despite the pathological interest he has in investigating his parents' deaths, never discovered otherwise.

The whole story made Bruce/Batman look like the world's most incompetent detective and, while the plot raised some potentially interesting things, was executed so horribly that it soured my taste for Batman comics in general and I haven't read one since.
    Ah. I can understand that, though they sound fairly interesting to me. Fair few flaws therein, but some stuff in them themselves that can work, especially in Gotham.

A brother for Bruce? Just imagine that, here, or somewhere. Compelling, family left, still, beyond people like Alfred, Dick, Jason, Tim, or Damian.

I'd wonder, would they make for a good replacement for the League, in of this show, a Gotham exclusive? Arrow and co gets the LOA, Gotham get the COO.

A little interesting bit from CBR itself, on John Grayson, and the actor wrapping on Gotham, episode he appears in etc:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58426

Some news on when Scarecrow Senior should appear:

http://screenrant.com/gotham-season-...ane-scarecrow/

Yeah, what I meant with Ivy wasn't that she's going down in quality as a character, and you'll find her even less likeable, worth watching and all that.

No, just what she was saying to Barbara was just absolutely horrible, making the ol' gal think there was another woman there, entangled in some kind of romantic, or sexual, entanglement, with Gordon. Horrible, and I'd almost feel sorry for ol' Kean, if not for the abandonment/adultery, and to who, of all people, herself.
    It was also messed up how Selina saved her from living on the streets and then Ivy immediately starts demanding vegan butter.

I was in the camp that Batman came before the super villains, but I've decided to loosen up a bit. This is a different media/continuity so changes should be allowed. Besides mobsters, corrupt politicians and crooked cops are the main threat right now. I think seeing the coming of super villains and how law enforcement and even organized crime are powerless against them should be interesting stuff.
    It would be interesting if this show decided that supervillains aren't a response to Batman but a response to Gordon making the GCPD more respectable and efficient at crimefighting.

A brother for Bruce? Just imagine that, here, or somewhere. Compelling, family left, still, beyond people like Alfred, Dick, Jason, Tim, or Damian
    Court of Owls didn't actually confirm that he was Bruce's brother, just that he believed he was.