Page 58 of 198 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It was also messed up how Selina saved her from living on the streets and then Ivy immediately starts demanding vegan butter.

It would be interesting if this show decided that supervillains aren't a response to Batman but a response to Gordon making the GCPD more respectable and efficient at crimefighting.

Court of Owls didn't actually confirm that he was Bruce's brother, just that he believed he was.
    Ha ha, ah yeah, very true.

Left wondering how one'd make butter without milk, vegan wise, but I suppose burgers can be made vegetarian, sure.

Still, in that, never expected that Ivy was a vegan, surprising. Is she in any other media, shows, games, comics?

Yeah, very demanding, I suppose, but not as much as Fish Mooney, or the Mayor, the Doctor boss in Arkham etc.

And, Selina still went and got it, anyway, very accomodating to ol' Ivys' needs. Made poor Bruce work for it!

Still, nicer than other criminals.

Can hardly wait until tommorrows' Electrocutioner episode.

BANNED

It was also messed up how Selina saved her from living on the streets and then Ivy immediately starts demanding vegan butter.
    Seems a bit cannibalistic in her case.

Lightbulb Gordon-Nygma: Vending

Scarecrow (the former Dr. Crane) stalks vagrant teenagers.

Black Mask (the lethal crime syndicate demon) attacks police officers while they are sleeping at home with their families.

Harley Quinn (the psychiatrist-turned-terrorist) has convinced Gotham City that the mayor is having an extra-marital affair with her.

Ra's al Ghul (the ghoulish eco-terrorist) is planning to poison Gotham's water reservoir with a deadly and untraceable neurotoxin.

Catwoman (Selina Kyle) is planning to hijack a plane from Gotham's airport.

The Ventriloquist, with his evil doll Scarface, have kidnapped Alfred, Bruce Wayne's butler.

--------------

This is the world of the Dark Knight (Batman), and Gotham City represents Bruce Wayne's paranoia about urbanization gone haywire.

"Gotham" (Fox TV) introduces fans of Batman (DC Comics) to portraits of an early Jim Gordon centric Gotham City and how its various super-villains rose to power while the city slowly lost its grip on criminal insanity and general 'confluence mayhem.'

That's one reason the interactions between Jim Gordon and Edward Nygma (the future Riddler) on "Gotham" (Fox TV) represents storytelling lucidity.

Edward Nygma

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It's another Ben Edlund episode tonight. Should be good.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

She didn't demand vegan butter, she said "no butter" because she was vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Seems a bit cannibalistic in her case.
    Ivy in Batman the Animated Series served Harley a salad and beet juice.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

1454651_979586182071372_1035794987705723804_n.jpg

10446334_979500288746628_7287669914119755664_o.jpg

I wonder what's gonna happen to Don Maroni & The Penguin. It looks serious.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by LanternWolf View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

1454651_979586182071372_1035794987705723804_n.jpg

10446334_979500288746628_7287669914119755664_o.jpg

I wonder what's gonna happen to Don Maroni & The Penguin. It looks serious.
    Very much. Bet it's Falcone, teaching a lesson to Maroni, or one of the other men, and Penguin gets caught in crossfire, or used by Salvatore, defends him...

Amazingly exciting and creepy be the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Very much. Bet it's Falcone, teaching a lesson to Maroni, or one of the other men, and Penguin gets caught in crossfire, or used by Salvatore, defends him...

Amazingly exciting and creepy be the former.
    By the looks of it there might have been some sort of fire or explosion. Maroni & Penguin... sorry THE Penguin both have what looks to be some light scorch marks on their faces. Most likely suffered by the intense heat from the fire because it doesn't look at all like they were physically beaten.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by LanternWolf View Post
    By the looks of it there might have been some sort of fire or explosion. Maroni & Penguin... sorry THE Penguin both have what looks to be some light scorch marks on their faces. Most likely suffered by the intense heat from the fire because it doesn't look at all like they were physically beaten.
    You could be right. Lot of red on Maronis' face.

And, Cobblepot could've got the brunt of the blast, and Maroni shielded by him, or another, maybe main brunt hits Oswald, then calms a bit, get out of there, Sal and him, and what have you.

But, inside job? Mooney, Falcone? Or, most likely in THIS episode, the Electrocutioner?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    You could be right. Lot of red on Maronis' face.

And, Cobblepot could've got the brunt of the blast, and Maroni shielded by him, or another, maybe main brunt hits Oswald, then calms a bit, get out of there, Sal and him, and what have you.

But, inside job? Mooney, Falcone? Or, most likely in THIS episode, the Electrocutioner?
    I just watched the extended trailer again & I think that it could quite possibly be The Electrocutioner working with/for Fish Mooney. There's a guy who walks, then collapses, into Maroni's restaurant (While Maroni is having a meeting?) with a device in his hand which looks an awful lot like a bomb of sorts but it doesn't look like just any ordinary bomb. It looks like something The Electrocutioner would make.

Mighty Member

Falcone strangled that girl with his bare hands. Ouch!!!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Electrocutioner went down with comical ease. I hope there's more to it than that.

Also, what is with Jim? Doesn't he think it might be easier to accomplish something if there were at least a couple of powerful people in Gotham who didn't want to see him dead? It's getting to be kind of implausible how he can stay alive without superpowers.

Another great episode but I'm starting to actually miss Bruce & Alfred. The Penguin blurting out some pretty major details was really funny.

I liked last night's episode, but the romantic sub-plots in Gordan's love life feel a bit forced. I'd much rather see more development with Alfred, Bruce, and Selena. But the Penguin just keeps finding a way to steal the show with every episode. And the end with this one really sold it. Who would have thought that he would be the most interesting character of this series thus far? Go figure.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It's getting to be kind of implausible how he can stay alive without superpowers.
    it's implausible that Batman can stay alive without superpowers too. Doesn't make Batman less fun (when it's done well, as this show is.)