Page 74 of 198 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Incredible Member

Strains credulity, I think, that the police would have left the famous red hood laying in the street after all that. I think all the kid who picked it up means is that it will continue to appear sporadically, be sort of an urban legend, and when the Joker emerges he will be one of the people who briefly wears it. And I still think that's Jerome.

Well, what Fish did was just so over the top I don't know what to say about it. Guess she'll be wearing an eyepatch from now on and no doubt making it look quite sporty.

On the bit with Barbara and Selina and Ivy- I loved seeing Ivy being naturally drawn to that green garment she was putting on (what else would it be, right?). And I wondered if she was glancing at the other two with some jealousy over how Barbara seemed to be complimenting Selina on her looks but more or less ignoring her. Some future dissent there, perhaps. Ivy's terminally crazy to begin with and it doesn't take much to set her off.

And lastly, a 1966 vintage wine- a nod to the Adam West show for sure.

Mighty Member

Fish stabbing herself in the eye was a nice surprise

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    The way he talked when he got caught was just like Ledger's Joker
    Nope. It was totally Nicholson.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    He even had a bit of Cesar Romero in his laugh.
    Speaking of Romero, am I the only that thought the Mr. Cicero was a shout out to Mr. Romero? Basically shortening Ceasar Romero to Ce-Sir-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Another thing about Jerome is that with the red hair and the whoring mother he reminds me strongly of Rorschach.
    You know this may be twisted but he totally reminded me of that nutcase who shot up that Denver movie theater during the The Dark Knight Rises premiere.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Strains credulity, I think, that the police would have left the famous red hood laying in the street after all that.
    Nto really, they'd be waiting for a crime scene photographer to get there but needed to secure the scene better. Evidence tampering happens in real life too.

And I wondered if she was glancing at the other two with some jealousy over how Barbara seemed to be complimenting Selina on her looks but more or less ignoring her.
    I noticed it was when Barbara was talking about how appearance can be a weapon that Ivy looked over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yikes, I got a slight "bad touch" vibe out of that clip, though I get the point of it.
    Heh, I'm thinking Selena did to in how it played out.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I for one can't abide a lack of realism in my comic book TV shows.
    Yeah, I mean the kid is going to dress up like a bat and that's going to be fine with people.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    You know this may be twisted but he totally reminded me of that nutcase who shot up that Denver movie theater during the The Dark Knight Rises premiere.
    I have to admit, redheaded Joker did make me think that after I thought Rorshach.

I think the kid with the hood is too old to be Jason, probably just another Hood place-holder until Batman is battling one. Sort of an evil version of Battle For The Cowl.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Speaking of Romero, am I the only that thought the Mr. Cicero was a shout out to Mr. Romero? Basically shortening Ceasar Romero to Ce-Sir-Ro.
    That's possible. I don't see any obvious parallels between the character and the Roman Cicero, so it might be a shout-out. (Paul Sorvino's character in GoodFellas was also called Paul Cicero.)

That actor is the same guy who played Felix Faust in Constantine. (The TV show.) He was in Breaking Bad, too.

BANNED

i cannot believe fish just did that. i mean my God what the hell was on her mind when she did that? i didn't think she didn't take no for an answer that much.

what was up with that red mask anyway? how did it hypnotize wearers like that? where did even find that mask?

also glasd they killed that first red hood. that jessie pinkman knockoff was so frigging annoying

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i cannot believe fish just did that. i mean my God what the hell was on her mind when she did that? i didn't think she didn't take no for an answer that much.

what was up with that red mask anyway? how did it hypnotize wearers like that? where did even find that mask?

also glasd they killed that first red hood. that jessie pinkman knockoff was so frigging annoying
    The first guy had made the hood, he said so in the beginning bank robbery scene, which played out like a nod to Joker's robbery in the beginning of Dark Knight. Seemed like they were actually winding these guys down wih a couple more being Joker potentials, til they got capped. The kid at the end puting on the Hood also alludes to another potential Joker. Point is the mythos of the Red Hood is set into the world now to pass down the line in the underworld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    The first guy had made the hood, he said so in the beginning bank robbery scene, which played out like a nod to Joker's robbery in the beginning of Dark Knight. Seemed like they were actually winding these guys down wih a couple more being Joker potentials, til they got capped. The kid at the end puting on the Hood also alludes to another potential Joker. Point is the mythos of the Red Hood is set into the world now to pass down the line in the underworld.
    but we already had joker last episode. why feel the need to build up another one?

also thank god that first guy wasn't the joker because boy he was so annoying. infact this series is starting to feel a bit stereotypical. we had that punkish jessie pinkman knockoff and we had this brooklyn asian. am i sensing that we are gonna have a couple more caricatures soon?

A bottle of Romanee-Conti 1966 goes for about $3,000-$4,000.

I knew something was up with Alfred's army buddy suddenly showing up.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

but we already had joker last episode. why feel the need to build up another one?
    At the time they were thinking of doing multiple teases for the Joker then they came out last week and said that was him in promotion for the show. Mind you, Joker doesn't take the identity of Red Hood until Batman is around so it'll be a while I guess before Jerome connects with a hood.

My interpretation for it's "power" was that the guy gets really lucky and then assumes it's some kind of talisman almost and that the symbol scares people (like Bale Batman talks about), then if he has power the other want it.

am i sensing that we are gonna have a couple more caricatures soon?
    Well we have monsters, corrupt cops and vixens already. It's a thing with comics.

BANNED

i see. well, the hood still didn't give me a good explanation of the drunken power. i guess this is something we will have and see again until maybe season 4 or 5 or whatever.

also,i kinda feel bad for barbara right here. i mean i don't root for her and gordan to be together despite their history but despite not feeling the connection between them you do have to feel sad about barbara in this episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Mind you, Joker doesn't take the identity of Red Hood until Batman is around
    That remains to be seen.

Incredible Member

Did anyone else feel like some of this was taken from an old short lived book called Black Hood? Here's a brief history from Wikipedia:

In 1991, DC Comics revived the character briefly in its Impact Comics imprint. The Black Hood ran for a total of 12 issues, including one annual.

During the Impact Comics series, there were three major Black Hoods featured: a bitter vigilante who was featured in the other Impact Comics titles and killed in the first issue of The Black Hood; a high school student who reluctantly took the hood and later abandoned it; and a former mobster, the same mobster who killed the first Black Hood. Numerous other Black Hoods from various time periods were featured in stories from the comics annuals, such as a female Black Hood who lived in medieval France patterned after Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc) and a western Hood whose adventures served as an inspiration for the fictional adventures of the Lone Ranger.

The Black Hood focused on the adventures of a series of vigilante characters with the same name throughout history. Each Black Hood character would somehow come in possession of a black hood and when the character wore the hood, he or she was given heightened awareness, and increased strength, speed, and agility. The hood caused each of its wearers to become a vigilante and fight injustice. An interesting feature of the hood was what appeared to be a curse. After a certain period of time, each wearer of the black hood would die. After the death of the Black Hood, the hood would find its way into the hands of another individual with the potential to become the next Black Hood.

The titular black hood was originally an executioner's mask. As a witch was being executed for the crime of witchcraft, she cursed not the executioner, but his hood. From that point on, whoever wore the hood would be compelled to "do only good".

I don't think it was as much not taking no for an answer, as it was not putting up with the fate that was sure to befall either her, or HER people, you know?

Like, it's between a frying pan, or a fire, you know, like, everyone you fought for, led and rallied, getting killed, or having her eyes forcibly removed,

It was a rhetorical sand in their eye - ahh - thing, really.

As my Dad said, need both eyes, a pair, but she scooped one out, and squashed it, so nothing more to do there.

Me, personally, I think the child at the end is just some random guy, like the one impersonating Spider-Man at one point in Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think the main point of the matter is that, as of this episode, the Red Hood is a legacy, and something to passed from one to another to another, whether by death or other means.

There went my 'This Red Hood guy's the Joker!' theory, other than Jerome last week of course.

Maybe, after that comedian in Fishs' club, many episodes ago, the potential Jokers are moreso characters, and more integral, important and fleshed, or spotlighted, perhaps.

I mean, they're not going to kill off THE JOKER, y'know. Though, he acted, sounded a bit like him, and looked about right.

And, for a fair few, the Red Hood origin'd fit, generosity - though, not so much for me, prefer him cruel from the start, as with Jerome last week. And, all the times he manages to escape and live and all that, so maybe that fit here too - apart from the untimely death that, by barking at the lion, set a fate quite apart I believe, to if he'd do the same with Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Did anyone else feel like some of this was taken from an old short lived book called Black Hood? Here's a brief history from Wikipedia:

In 1991, DC Comics revived the character briefly in its Impact Comics imprint. The Black Hood ran for a total of 12 issues, including one annual.

During the Impact Comics series, there were three major Black Hoods featured: a bitter vigilante who was featured in the other Impact Comics titles and killed in the first issue of The Black Hood; a high school student who reluctantly took the hood and later abandoned it; and a former mobster, the same mobster who killed the first Black Hood. Numerous other Black Hoods from various time periods were featured in stories from the comics annuals, such as a female Black Hood who lived in medieval France patterned after Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc) and a western Hood whose adventures served as an inspiration for the fictional adventures of the Lone Ranger.

The Black Hood focused on the adventures of a series of vigilante characters with the same name throughout history. Each Black Hood character would somehow come in possession of a black hood and when the character wore the hood, he or she was given heightened awareness, and increased strength, speed, and agility. The hood caused each of its wearers to become a vigilante and fight injustice. An interesting feature of the hood was what appeared to be a curse. After a certain period of time, each wearer of the black hood would die. After the death of the Black Hood, the hood would find its way into the hands of another individual with the potential to become the next Black Hood.

The titular black hood was originally an executioner's mask. As a witch was being executed for the crime of witchcraft, she cursed not the executioner, but his hood. From that point on, whoever wore the hood would be compelled to "do only good".
    Could be.. though think it's more based on the Killing Joke, where in that telling of Joker's backstory, he was just a petty crook he donned the role of Red Hood. Basically the gang would get a chump to be the Hood to seem like the boss, and change that guy around, so Batman and the cops would focus and hunt down that guy, letting the others get away, while if the one in the Hood was lucky, he'd get away with it and pass it off to the next schlub. In Joker's case, he got in a run in with Batman and fell in the vat of chemicals which changed his appearance, and along with other traumas drove him mad.