Page 78 of 198 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So Fish is in some kind of a Arkham Asylum?
    More like the island of Dr. Moreau.

BANNED

wow, i feel so bad for Jeffry Combs there

Penguin however proves to be one sick mother@#$%er. manipulating the wife to kill the husband only to trick her by killing her. it just goes to show how much penguin loves to see people losing it.

Incredible Member

It strikes me how if someone were to tune in to this show without having seen it before they would be so utterly confused as to WTF all these different scenarios have to do with each other. It's definitely not a show to be watched casually.

With Fish- well I thought she was going to be rocking a sporty looking eyepatch from now on, but so much for that. My question now is does she have sight in her new blue eye or is she blind in it? They do cornea transplants in real life but not whole eyeballs I don't think.

On the Bat Villains- Could Nygma really be heading toward his fall to the dark side and becoming the Riddler over a woman? Well I guess Darth Vader more or less did so why not? And Penguin must be just a complete sadist at this point. He's stabbed and poisoned people before, but now he has blown an old lady away with a shotgun. You have to appreciate just how nasty the damage a shotgun does to someone is, and yet he maintained a big happy grin. You're truly sick, Oswald.

I liked seeing Selina come to see Bruce in Alfred's hospital room and offer her help, somewhat surprising after their last exchange. She even hugged him, and left her help as a standing offer. "You know where to find me." Bruce said no thanks but it's not a hard guess that he'll reconsider. One thing though- IVY SNEAKS INTO THE HOSPITAL NEARLY EVERY OTHER DAY TO STEAL FOOD FROM PATIENTS?!!! That's got to be one of the most messed up things to be said on the show so far.

BANNED

IVY SNEAKS INTO THE HOSPITAL NEARLY EVERY OTHER DAY TO STEAL FOOD FROM PATIENTS?!!! That's got to be one of the most messed up things to be said on the show so far.
    Don't be dramatic. Either they're not awake enough to miss it or they're awake enough to order a second helping. Not like she sucks the nutrients from the feeding tubes of coma patients ..

Not like she sucks the nutrients from the feeding tubes of coma patients ..
    Now that would be gritty and dark.

BANNED

I think Nygma's girl trouble isn't going to be the cause of him going over the edge. I think it has more to do with the fact that no one respects him or acknowledges his intellect. He gets no respect, no accolades. He feels like he is smarter than everyone and wants to be noticed for that. Eventually something will happen that will cause him to snap, and he will quit and go to the dark side. But it won't "JUST" be a girl that causes it.

BANNED

About Jerome... I am not 100% convinced he is the Joker. Not yet. His performance was spot on, but it was sooooo spot on that it almost feels like a red herring. Now if he somehow escapes from Arkham, and end up hooking up with the Red Hood Gang, or resurrecting the gang... Then I will rethink this. But it is so early in the series, that it just feels to spot on to be an absolute to me. Especially as anyone who put on the hood took on a personality change that made them seem somewhat Joker like.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    wow, i feel so bad for Jeffry Combs there

Penguin however proves to be one sick mother@#$%er. manipulating the wife to kill the husband only to trick her by killing her. it just goes to show how much penguin loves to see people losing it.
    Yeah, Penguin was just awesome this episode.

Down to one shell. Ahh, that was something sick, and wonderful.

Was actually wondering would it be a case of both being willing to kill the other, or unwilling, perhaps, as the husband seemed to be.

I remember reading at a glance at the CBR recap that two villains were introduced this episode, and of course, one was most definitely Doctor Dulmacher, the diabolical Dollmaker! Not that he is diabolical, he probably is, way he goes, the island thing, the body horror stuff, but just going for classical alliteration there.

But, if not Miriam, or the wife who Penguin killed, who exactly was the other villain introduced?

Flass was in two episodes before this, Loeb as least one.

Harvey Dent was in two before this too.

Was left rather hoping it'd be Hugo Strange, and believe I read he, Dent and Freeze were all confirmed for the show, so one out of three done, so far.

The way the wife killed her husband, and seeing how fierce, brutal and determined to live, to kill, she was, thought she'd be a new employee of Oswald, though Butch, Zsasz, or Falcone would likely advise against that, given the circumstances. And, Falcone might greatly hurt, or worse, OC, due to where she was found, who he was with, what he was doing there.

And maybe, maybe, all the two of them were, unlike the two women fighting to see who would work for Fish, against Falcone, were loose ends to be tied - by a handy killing by the other, and a gunshot.

Nice, sweet hug between Bruce and Selina, too. Like how she looked in on him, even after how things went between them.

And, nice, sick little way of her knowing he and Alfred were there. Ahh, Ivy!

Liked how Bruce ordered Alfred back into the bed. At times, I think, you'd root for, or not, the person getting out of their hospital bed, and want them to push on, and keep going, success or not.

But man, I just sort of want ol' Pennyworth back in that bed, where he could get better, and better help Bruce and himself later.

BTW, is it just me, or by past episodes, like LoveCraft especially and others, would anyone be up for a prequel to Gotham, itself a prequel of course, centering around Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, before becoming a butler for the Waynes, or their deaths?

Pennyworth, with Pertwee as the lead.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    With Fish- well I thought she was going to be rocking a sporty looking eyepatch from now on, but so much for that. My question now is does she have sight in her new blue eye or is she blind in it? They do cornea transplants in real life but not whole eyeballs I don't think.
    I'm assuming she can see with it. Dulmacher is a Mad Scientist with a secret island lair... he can do things real-world doctors can't.

On the Bat Villains- Could Nygma really be heading toward his fall to the dark side and becoming the Riddler over a woman? Well I guess Darth Vader more or less did so why not? And Penguin must be just a complete sadist at this point. He's stabbed and poisoned people before, but now he has blown an old lady away with a shotgun. You have to appreciate just how nasty the damage a shotgun does to someone is, and yet he maintained a big happy grin. You're truly sick, Oswald.
    I'd kind of like to see Ed have an actual conversation with someone that lets us see what's going on inside his head. That would probably be Gordon, since he's the only one there who shows him any respect or seems to value his work... plus he took down Flass, which has to earn him points in Nygma's book. But it's pretty clear Ed has some level of autism, which could make that a challenge.

I liked the reminder that Penguin is The Freakin' Penguin and not just some hapless comic relief schmuck. Like I said, this would have been a perfect opportunity to introduce the umbrella gun.

I liked seeing Selina come to see Bruce in Alfred's hospital room and offer her help, somewhat surprising after their last exchange. She even hugged him, and left her help as a standing offer. "You know where to find me." Bruce said no thanks but it's not a hard guess that he'll reconsider. One thing though- IVY SNEAKS INTO THE HOSPITAL NEARLY EVERY OTHER DAY TO STEAL FOOD FROM PATIENTS?!!! That's got to be one of the most messed up things to be said on the show so far.
    Yeah, I was surprised Bruce was willing to give her the time of day. But, you know... hormones. They'll get along as soon as Bruce recognizes that she's strictly an outdoor cat.

As for Ivy, it bears repeating that Poison Ivy is not a nice person, at all.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

One thing though- IVY SNEAKS INTO THE HOSPITAL NEARLY EVERY OTHER DAY TO STEAL FOOD FROM PATIENTS?!!! That's got to be one of the most messed up things to be said on the show so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    As for Ivy, it bears repeating that Poison Ivy is not a nice person, at all.
    Well, she probably just grabs what they don't eat. People in hospitals don't always have much of an appetite and if they do wake up and want a sandwich swearing they never had theirs, they can get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Not like she sucks the nutrients from the feeding tubes of coma patients ..
    Well yeah, that'd be what I expect a pre-Parasite to do

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I think Nygma's girl trouble isn't going to be the cause of him going over the edge. I think it has more to do with the fact that no one respects him or acknowledges his intellect. He gets no respect, no accolades. He feels like he is smarter than everyone and wants to be noticed for that. Eventually something will happen that will cause him to snap, and he will quit and go to the dark side. But it won't "JUST" be a girl that causes it.
    Yeah, the girl made him feel bold enough to set up a guy so he wouldn't get transferred away from her but didn't really cause it. He's a little odd and he's bullied at work. Hopefully one says to him "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?" cause then all Hell breaks loose

I love The Penguin so frikkin' much! Awesome, awesome character! I basically just watch this show for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    More like the island of Dr. Moreau.
    Well, if Arrow can have an island prison...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Yeah, Penguin was just awesome this episode.

Down to one shell. Ahh, that was something sick, and wonderful.

Was actually wondering would it be a case of both being willing to kill the other, or unwilling, perhaps, as the husband seemed to be.

I remember reading at a glance at the CBR recap that two villains were introduced this episode, and of course, one was most definitely Doctor Dulmacher, the diabolical Dollmaker! Not that he is diabolical, he probably is, way he goes, the island thing, the body horror stuff, but just going for classical alliteration there.

But, if not Miriam, or the wife who Penguin killed, who exactly was the other villain introduced?

Flass was in two episodes before this, Loeb as least one.

Harvey Dent was in two before this too.

Was left rather hoping it'd be Hugo Strange, and believe I read he, Dent and Freeze were all confirmed for the show, so one out of three done, so far.

The way the wife killed her husband, and seeing how fierce, brutal and determined to live, to kill, she was, thought she'd be a new employee of Oswald, though Butch, Zsasz, or Falcone would likely advise against that, given the circumstances. And, Falcone might greatly hurt, or worse, OC, due to where she was found, who he was with, what he was doing there.

And maybe, maybe, all the two of them were, unlike the two women fighting to see who would work for Fish, against Falcone, were loose ends to be tied - by a handy killing by the other, and a gunshot.

Nice, sweet hug between Bruce and Selina, too. Like how she looked in on him, even after how things went between them.

And, nice, sick little way of her knowing he and Alfred were there. Ahh, Ivy!

Liked how Bruce ordered Alfred back into the bed. At times, I think, you'd root for, or not, the person getting out of their hospital bed, and want them to push on, and keep going, success or not.

But man, I just sort of want ol' Pennyworth back in that bed, where he could get better, and better help Bruce and himself later.

BTW, is it just me, or by past episodes, like LoveCraft especially and others, would anyone be up for a prequel to Gotham, itself a prequel of course, centering around Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, before becoming a butler for the Waynes, or their deaths?

Pennyworth, with Pertwee as the lead.
    i wonder what role freeze will have in this show and i wonder whise gonna play him.

i also feel bad for Edward in this episode. there he was finally gonna get the girl and all of a sudden some hotshot cop took his chance. i wonder if this will be the part where Edward tortures him to force him to not be with what's her name.

Exclamation Bruce Wayne / Ivy Pepper

Do we really believe that this young Bruce Wayne is pensive enough about the seething corruption unfolding in Gotham City.

Ben McKenzie is doing a fine job as the young detective Jim Gordon wrestling with the developing super-villains of Gotham City, and Donald Logue is entertaining as the hulking Harvey Bullock 'at his side.'

Fox TV already boasts the critically-acclaimed "Batman: The Animated Series" (1990s) in its comic book cabinet, and so far, "Gotham" (2014-) is not disappointing on several levels.

However, how much attitude-appeal does the young boy Bruce Wayne have in convincing us that "Gotham" (Fox TV) is not just a portrait of Jim Gordon, since, as we know, most Batman writers place Gordon as a diligent but sidekick cop to the crusading Batman?

Gotham City represents a modern urbanization-paranoia related angst towards crime syndicates and daredevil profiteerism that borders on downright mania (i.e., Poison Ivy the dangerous eco-terrorist; Black Mask the merciless underworld boss, etc.).

What could really settle this issue is if the writers of "Gotham" (Fox TV) continue to present the young Ivy Pepper (the future Poison Ivy) as a backdrop crime-world representative of 'developing criminal insanity' to parallel the 'developing American bravado' potentially embodied in the young Bruce Wayne.

Ivy Pepper

ivy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i wonder what role freeze will have in this show and i wonder whise gonna play him.

i also feel bad for Edward in this episode. there he was finally gonna get the girl and all of a sudden some hotshot cop took his chance. i wonder if this will be the part where Edward tortures him to force him to not be with what's her name.
    I thought, at least the guy doesn't seem cruel, or necessarily corrupt. No Flass, that's for sure, so that's something, even if not Nygma, though I certainly noticed some darkness, or anger, from ol' Ed.