Page 84 of 198 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

BANNED

How does Gordon have leverage? Loeb could just have his daughter moved to another location and then where would that leverage be? They should have explained that better

Incredible Member

The leverage is that Gordon knows she killed her mother. Where she is is irrelavent.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I haven't kept up with all the Batgirl starts and restarts, but I don't ever recall Batgirl being an adolescent. When she puts on the cowl she's about 18, and Robin has already been crimefighting 4 or 5 years in my mind, is maybe 16 years old.
    You know, as I recall, Barbara Gordon was an adult (with a PhD in library science) at the time she became Batgirl. She certainly wasn't 16. Of course, there have been several reboots since then. I doubt she's a former Congresswoman anymore.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    The leverage is that Gordon knows she killed her mother. Where she is is irrelavent.
    but Loeb said that he could get those charges dropped, didn't he?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    but Loeb said that he could get those charges dropped, didn't he?
    No, he said he would have survived the scandal. His daughter, on the other hand, had 99% chances of ending up in a psychiatric institute (and you don't want that to happen in Gotham to your only loved one).

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Wow... so Selina is now just a straight-up murderer. No self-defense or anything. That was sudden. Even fully-formed Catwoman in the DCU isn't a cold-blooded killer.

And Bruce is an accessory to murder unless he turns her in. And that, I guess, is where Bruce and Selina become enemies.

I liked the little scene where Penguin passes by Bruce, stops and looks around as if he senses something odd. Maybe a little on-the-nose, but fun.

Ed Nygma continues to be just an awkward guy who does his job well, unlike pretty much everyone else at the GCPD. But the previews show him going full-on bugnuts. I wonder what happens?

Why does Penguin call Butch "Gabe?" Was that ever revealed as his real name?

You know, if Dollmaker was smart he would have planted something nasty in Fish's new eye. An explosive charge, or something that would screw with her brain. Then he could just take her out by remote control, and the copter would crash with nobody able to fly it. Problem solved.

Are there people dropping out on Gotham? Seems like a ghost town around here.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Why does Penguin call Butch "Gabe?" Was that ever revealed as his real name?
    Actually, "Gabe" has been following Penguin around since near the beginning of season one. He's basically his right-hand man and a bit of a background character with no significance.
    Though it's not Butch. Looks nothing like him.

Personally, I really want to see Mooney get stitched up into an abomination by the end the season. It would be a satisfying alternative and would put the "end-of-season death" theories to rest.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 04-13-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Wow... so Selina is now just a straight-up murderer. No self-defense or anything. That was sudden. Even fully-formed Catwoman in the DCU isn't a cold-blooded killer.
    He said he was "going to tell" that did put them in danger, to me. Especially since he worked for the people who probably had the Waynes killed.
    I agree it's setting them up to be at odds over her methods (Batman being all no-kills) but it's not like the worst crime a Catwoman has committed. She killed Black Mask once in the comics (after he threatened her and her loved ones) but I think they un-killed him.

Are there people dropping out on Gotham? Seems like a ghost town around here.
    Just a month of reruns.

Legally and morally, it was murder any way you look at it. Vague threats of future consequences don't create a "self defense" scenario.

I don't expect Gotham Catwoman to match the comics version exactly, any more than any of the other characters do. But it seems odd and jarring that this girl, who just seems like a typical street kid most of the time, is able to take a life that easily. And all on Bruce's behalf... it's not like she was in any personal danger from Reggie's "telling." He didn't even know who she was.

Maybe Reggie triggered some trauma in her, or maybe Selina is more than she seems already. In any case... jarring and odd.

And God help Bruce and Selina when Alfred finds out what happened. This could open a major rift between Bruce and Alfred, especially if Bruce tries to lie about it.

As for the legal consequences, the GCPD (unless Gordon investigates) would probably just assume it was a case of an old junkie losing his balance while reaching out the window for a bag of drugs. But... they were in a warehouse room full of homeless people, several of whom must have seen what happened. And what are the chances that bag of drugs will still be on the window ledge by the time the police arrive?

Things just got really, really messy for Bruce.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Legally and morally, it was murder any way you look at it. Vague threats of future consequences don't create a "self defense" scenario.
    In our world maybe but not in Gotham. They know what a threat actually means. The GCPD lets serial killers go if they are afraid they might be a threat to their family. It wasn't odd to me. I respect that we disagree on this but I'm fine with it.

As for Alfred, I have the feeling he was looking to do the same thing (maybe not from a window though).

Incredible Member

I really liked this episode, it had many great moments. I was surprised as anyone at Selina doing what she did, but now that I think about it didn't she kill someone before in that early episode where masses of kids were being kidnapped? I know she definitely tore a guy's eyes out and I thought I remembered him dying. This moment with Reggie though- wow. I guess this was the moment where Bruce decided that he will never take a life. Selina will under the right circumstances, but I don't think he'll turn her in. They're defining the Batman-Catwoman relationship very early on and I doubt she will ever do jail time because of him for anything she does. He will constantly bang heads with her, occasionally give in to temptation and be her lover, and though he'll hate himself for it he will always let her go.

Loved that little moment when Oswald caught the Batman vibe in the air when he passed Bruce. Might have been even funnier if Bruce had made a quizzical look too. And when it was revealed what Loeb was doing using the Ogre as a weapon just made me go "Holy god, that is messed up!" It was a very well done shock moment.

And with Fish- is this how Jada leaves the show? It looked like she was shot in the heart, or very close to it. I guess she's got to land the chopper somewhere or they're all going to die. It also makes perfect sense (though it was another nice surprise moment) that she chose to take the chopper instead of the boat because if they'd taken the boat the chopper would have been used to easily follow them. By the way, there's one thing on the island that made no sense to me. The view from the house showed the boat moored along a shoreline, but long shots of the house show that it's up on a high cliff. I don't see how both can be.

All right, everyone out of Gordon's way, he's loaded for serial killer! Prediction: Leslie ends up in mortal peril and he saves her at the last second.

Mighty Member

Cobblepot ordering that guys fingers cut was creepy until they showed Selina's murder scene

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I was surprised as anyone at Selina doing what she did, but now that I think about it didn't she kill someone before in that early episode where masses of kids were being kidnapped? I know she definitely tore a guy's eyes out and I thought I remembered him dying.
    She did scratch a guy's eyes out, and then I think his fellow thugs finished him off. But she was defending herself there... it was the Dollmaker's people rounding up homeless kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    And with Fish- is this how Jada leaves the show?
    When Dollmaker was threatening her, I was wondering if maybe Jada is leaving the show, but Fish isn't. She just won't look anything like Jada anymore.

But I think she'll make it back to Gotham (and die there by the end of the season). Her whole recent storyline would be kind of pointless if it doesn't lead back to the main story somehow.

BANNED

I'm really starting to feel the length of the season now. The first 13 episodes or so of this show were phenomenal, in my opinion, but now I'm just waiting for it to be over. Not saying it's bad I just hate long seasons, especially now after watching Daredevil.

BANNED

Anybody had that 50 shades of grey vibe from ogre?