Page 99 of 198 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2958

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's still really weird to see them giving Nygma such pronounced split-personality issues instead of, you know, Harvey Dent .

I guess the more confident, arrogant, and glasses-less Nygma personality is the actual Riddler persona? I wonder if we might see that personality, in the end, taking over or Nygma letting it loose and the only thing left from the original personality is the obsession with riddles.
    It would be weird to have both Nygma and Dent do the Gollum/Smeagol routine. But I think with Dent (if the show ever gets back to him) it will be less two dueling personalities and more sudden bipolar shifts from Jekyll to Hyde.

The final Riddler will probably be a combination of the two personalities... much to his frustration. He'll try to be the confident, decisive and sociopathic guy in the mirror, but held back by his awkwardness, his fascination with riddles, and his reluctance to make trouble.

who is the new woman with the whip?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the new woman with the whip?
    Galavant's sister, Tabitha Galavan. I think she's meant to be a proto-Catwoman.

She's supposed to be Tigress.

Gotta love how Barbara, a wanted, known criminal can enter the station and talk on the payphone for a few minutes with NOBODY except Jim noticing her! And really, 5-6 crazies were able to kill at least two dozens of armed cops on said cops’ home turf with only a single casualty? Man, the police in Gotham is incompetent.

I really wish, we'd seen what Essen was like as Commissioner. Like Jim no longer being a cop in season 1 and again in 2, it was over way too quickly

On the plus side, Jerome's actor is great.

Interesting how Alfred made two references to food while threatening Lucuis.

Also,

Lucuis: “I loved your father, and I’m sorry I never told him.”

I might be reading too much into that line but did anyone else think Lucuis meant love in... that way.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Anybody else think they'll rush Gordon into Commissioner this season?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Anybody else think they'll rush Gordon into Commissioner this season?
    Yes, if only because they seem to treat every other episode as the series finale

I think he'll wind up commissioner because nobody else is willing to take the job.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Galavant's sister, Tabitha Galavan. I think she's meant to be a proto-Catwoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    She's supposed to be Tigress.
    They're not mutually exclusive concepts

Well I suppose it was canon in the comics that Joker killed Sarah Essen, some stuff still carries over. I really liked the character though and the actress was so good in that role I hope some other cop show snaps her up and writes her one like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked the producers had said that the end of the show would be Bruce's first night out as Batman...not sure I'd want the villains to rule for so long before that, I don't see them all working together for to long...
    I'm hoping for an ebb and flow, right now it's the Maniax ruling the city at some point Penguin is going to want more action, he could end up challenged by other squads. In between that the city seems clean for a while and then new threats happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This is a hardcore Joker. I like it.

It's a good thing for the bad guys that Gotham exists in its own pocket universe, with no outside help of any kind available for the authorities. Doesn't make any sense, but if you can accept it it should make for an interesting story.

Maybe Anthony Fremont wished the rest of the world under the cornfield.
    It is also canon that when Gotham crumbles, the US government just seals it off and turns away Happened with No Man's Land, happened then in a version of that in the last Nolan movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gotta love how Barbara, a wanted, known criminal can enter the station and talk on the payphone for a few minutes with NOBODY except Jim noticing her! And really, 5-6 crazies were able to kill at least two dozens of armed cops on said cops’ home turf with only a single casualty? Man, the police in Gotham is incompetent.
    Well, that's pretty much a major element of the show's underlying premise.

Are there plans to ever introduce an "O'Hara" character in the police dept.?

Fantastic Member

Isn't Michael Chiklis (sp?) coming in as the new commissioner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Are there plans to ever introduce an "O'Hara" character in the police dept.?
    I think Bullock has his role as Jim's right-hand man pretty nailed down... whether he ever gets a "Chief" title or not.

Incredible Member

There seems to be a consensus that Jerome is a great Joker, and it's one that I share. There's certainly zero ambiguity now that that's who he is. The Russian Roulette scene was powerful, and reminded me strongly of the hospital room scene in "The Dark Knight" where Joker handed Dent the gun and put it to his own head and let Dent flip the coin. He truly did not care what happened- a total lack of empathy even for his own life, so watch out everybody else! I'm waiting for a scene where Bruce becomes aware of Jerome and has some kind of foreboding sense of the future.

Barbara still might be on her way to becoming a version of Harley Quinn but then again it strikes me that she's significantly older than Jerome who is still a teenager so a relationship between them would be weird. But everything about them is weird so who knows? (Good grief, it just snuck into my head- the Joker as the father of Batgirl? Yikes.)

Nygma without glasses- picturing him with a mask now instead.

And no Penguin in this episode. Surely he's got to take a major interest in the Maniax and not a positive one. He'll probably either try to get them under his control or to wipe out the gang that's stealing his thunder.

If there's a Batgirl, Barbara Kean won't be her mother. Barbara Gordon might be named after her (which would indicate that she's dead, and died as something other than an unredeemed villainess.)

I don't think Barbara has a problem with weird relationships.

I don't think Penguin is ready to take on Theo Galavan. More likely he'll get co-opted by him and pretend to go along until he sees a chance to make his move, maybe with Jim's help. Penguin may be a criminal, but at least his lifestyle depends on a certain kind of order (as Falcone stated last season).