Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Slott & Kubert Tackle "Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" in "Secret Wars"

Dan Slott and Adam Kubert show how fatherhood changes what it means to be Spider-Man during "Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" in "Secret Wars."

Full article here.

I will be there 100%
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

And going to my pull list (whether or not is replacing Amazing Spider-Man)

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm guessing the marriage to MJ, and the child (May?), stick around, and Miles takes the roll of active Spider-man.

BANNED

Well, a few more details released. So DD and Moon Knight will be showing up in the Regency?

BANNED

Oh balls..there's that "monkey paw" line again

BANNED

Yet no one mentions Mr. and Mrs. Spider-man or any of the Spider-girl stories ?

I mean I'm glad for this and I'm excited for this, but honestly...where's credit for Spider-girl, a world that showed how Spider-man as a dad would have ended up ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyX View Post
    I'm guessing the marriage to MJ, and the child (May?), stick around, and Miles takes the roll of active Spider-man.
    Read something like that before....although it was a fan-fic and it was almost better than what Marvel has put out recently...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6872174...amily-The-Hunt

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Finally. The SW announcement I have waited on the most. That brings all the books I'm getting in SW to 3: Spider-Verse, Renew Your Vows and Thors.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

And here I thought a married Spider-Man was "unrelatable" and "dramatically inert". (Yeah, I know Slott never said that, but I love dragging out those nonsense phrases every chance I can just to point out how nonsensical they are.)
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

I mean I'm glad for this and I'm excited for this, but honestly...where's credit for Spider-girl, a world that showed how Spider-man as a dad would have ended up ?
    Because this isn't a story about a girl who had Spider-Man as a father, it's a story about Spider-Man who had a daughter. Two completely different narratives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    Because this isn't a story about a girl who had Spider-Man as a father, it's a story about Spider-Man who had a daughter. Two completely different narratives.
    But it showed that Spider-man DID RAISE his daughter well enough to be a crime fighter like him. So that has to count for something, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyX View Post
    Yes. With Peter maintaining a mentor / older brother type role so there's opportunity to explore both flavors of superhero/personal life conflict - youngish new father and high school young with Miles. Those two extremes are pretty much the ideal Spider-Man sweet spots but he's kind of been stuck between them. This is the perfect chance to have both- man I hope it's not too good to actually happen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

They mention Spider-Girl in the EW article. Slott's not writing an MC2 story here, though.