Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yet no one mentions Mr. and Mrs. Spider-man or any of the Spider-girl stories ?

I mean I'm glad for this and I'm excited for this, but honestly...where's credit for Spider-girl, a world that showed how Spider-man as a dad would have ended up ?
    To be fair, that's the story about how Spider-Man as a dad who also lost his leg in a pumpkin bomb explosion would have ended up.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

BANNED

Slott slipped a bit there...he said the marriage lasted 25 years, but it lasted 20 years in 616 and is presently going 28 years in the newspapers.

Meh. I'm predicting House Of M drama all over again. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    And here I thought a married Spider-Man was "unrelatable" and "dramatically inert". (Yeah, I know Slott never said that, but I love dragging out those nonsense phrases every chance I can just to point out how nonsensical they are.)
    It'll be good for a short term shake-up, but if anybody thinks this is going to stick long term, boy do I have bad news for you.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Worth paying 4 dollars for so long as the 616 marvel universe never-ever returns as the mainstream marvel universe because I loathe evry month that Slott, BMB and KSD are writing 616 characters set in the 616 mainstream marvel earth

"Elements from this story will go in the next incarnation" Possibly a clue that the next incarnation of Peter Parker will be a part of the new mainstream marvel earth and universe which is ALL-NEW MARVEL perhaps?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Really tired of certain writers being certain that being married with babies basically ends your story. What the heck is the Fantastic Four all about? Or Luke Cage and Jessica Jones?

That said, this is still the story I am the most excited about, if slightly worried Slott - the man incapable of writing a good MJ as far as I can tell - is at the helm and throwing the 'monkey paw' cliché. He sure as hell better not kill any of them off just for the heck of it.

Also Peter stopping being Spidey and Miles taking over will never happen. No, nada, never. Both of them working together and Peter being Miles' mentor, yes.

EDIT: Exactly what age is their daughter? The cover shows her about say 6 or 7 but she seems younger in the art, unless it's flashbacks.

This was the one I'd been waiting to hear more about. And just like I thought, this is going to be "THE" Spider-Man book of Secret Wars.

But it's also a "Last Days" story. Can't say I expected that.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This was the one I'd been waiting to hear more about. And just like I thought, this is going to be "THE" Spider-Man book of Secret Wars.

But it's also a "Last Days" story. Can't say I expected that.
    Not sure just because he vaguely referenced Last Days at the end that it's a Last Days title. Unless some of the story is a flashback and we see how they arrived on Battleworld.

BANNED

Last Days being capitalized suggests that it's supposed to be part of that banner. Plus, the article mentions early on that this is being billed as "The Last Spider-Man story". Granted, it could just as easily be a Battleworld or Warzones! title, but those little bits emphasized a sense of finality. Can't say I'm surprised, really.

The Charlie Brown comparison was very appropriate, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not sure just because he vaguely referenced Last Days at the end that it's a Last Days title. Unless some of the story is a flashback and we see how they arrived on Battleworld.
    "Last Days" are capitalized. And they refer to it as if it were a "last story."

(Newsarama also says it is under the "Last Days" umbrella.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Last Days being capitalized suggests that it's supposed to be part of that banner. Plus, the article mentions early on that this is being billed as "The Last Spider-Man story". Granted, it could just as easily be a Battleworld or Warzones! title, but those little bits emphasized a sense of finality. Can't say I'm surprised, really.

The Charlie Brown comparison was very appropriate, though.
    Looks like you and I were thinking the same thing.

Gonna be cool, I'm much more excited for the baby than MJ. After the baby vanished and wasn't ever mentioned again, I felt like something vital was lost from the marriage.

When is this coming out? I need to let my FLGS know to put it on my pull list.

I have been out of Spider-Man since OMD, save only for OMIT (in the vain hope that it would open the door for the marriage’s return — yeah; I was a sucker) and Spider-Verse (because of Spider-Girl, not Spider-Man). RYV might bring me back, depending on how it is handled.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

All-New Member

The images are certainly nice, but nothing Slott says makes me at all confident the story will be any good. That monkey's paw comment for instance just gives me the impression we'll be fed something about why Peter being married with a child is a bad thing or some such nonsense. I also don't quite get the notion of it being the "Last Story" as if him being a family man somehow means the end for Spider-Man entirely as if to act like there aren't other instances of superheroes with powers in the Marvel Universe.

Sort of gives the feeling that we're seeing some alternate universe Spider-Man like the one that showed up during the whole Spider-Verse event.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyX View Post
    I'm guessing the marriage to MJ, and the child (May?), stick around, and Miles takes the roll of active Spider-man.
    Exactly what I think will happen too. And I would love it if it did. That's how they should have done it in the first place.

If I had to hazard a guess based on other minis in Secret Wars, this Spider-Man will either be from a universe where May wasn't stillborn or the deal with Mephisto never happened. This is probably the Peter we saw back in Spider-Verse #2 wearing the ring.

BANNED

What I can tell you? No matter who or what or how Spider-Man comics will be made in the future—elements from this story will go on into the next incarnation,” says Slott, speaking extremely carefully. “Elements. Of this. Yes.”
    now this got me extra attention

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Really tired of certain writers being certain that being married with babies basically ends your story. What the heck is the Fantastic Four all about? Or Luke Cage and Jessica Jones?
    marriage is barely the beggining...
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-16-2015 at 12:33 PM.