Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess based on other minis in Secret Wars, this Spider-Man will either be from a universe where May wasn't stillborn or the deal with Mephisto never happened. This is probably the Peter we saw back in Spider-Verse #2 wearing the ring.
    Who wants to bet the conversation they're having at the table is about his recent adventure in Spider-Verse? It'd fit with all the other Spider books still making reference to the event and how it changed them

Interesting, wonder if there's a chance Marvel will really reverse (at least partially) their position on the necessity of OMD.

Astonishing Member

Considering how Marvel wanted to make Peter single, why would they bring back the marriage? Personally, Marvel wants to become DC Comics. And the EiC was a DC Alumnus.

Fantastic Member

My guess? Whichever Spidey this is, in the end, we're back with a single Peter. No way do I see him still married with a kid after this... And no way do I see him retiring for good while Miles takes over. Just a guess, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Considering how Marvel wanted to make Peter single, why would they bring back the marriage?
    Because they never really got rid of it, they just booted it downstairs to be read in the funny pages, which will presumably carry on even when this blows over

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    When is this coming out? I need to let my FLGS know to put it on my pull list.

I have been out of Spider-Man since OMD, save only for OMIT (in the vain hope that it would open the door for the marriage’s return — yeah; I was a sucker) and Spider-Verse (because of Spider-Girl, not Spider-Man). RYV might bring me back, depending on how it is handled.
    If you read the article it tells you when it's coming.

June 2015
    X-Men Forever

What's strange is that this is labeled as a Last Days book. Aren't those 616/Ultimate books right before the last incursion? Or is it supposed to be a Last Days tie-in from an alternate Earth about to have an incursion of its own?

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    What's strange is that this is labeled as a Last Days book. Aren't those 616/Ultimate books right before the last incursion? Or is it supposed to be a Last Days tie-in from an alternate Earth about to have an incursion of its own?
    Most likely the latter with this being Spider-Man's final story before the incursion destroyed his universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Because they never really got rid of it, they just booted it downstairs to be read in the funny pages, which will presumably carry on even when this blows over
    Maybe the element is a new responsibility that will force Peter to cut down on being Spidey. If not a wife and child then perhaps Parker Industries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Considering how Marvel wanted to make Peter single, why would they bring back the marriage? Personally, Marvel wants to become DC Comics. And the EiC was a DC Alumnus.
    Again, the Charlie Brown analogy. It's there to "scratch the itch", but that doesn't mean it's going to stick around afterwards.

I don't know, i'm getting a be careful what you wish for vibe from this story. I just see them tearing Peter down and showing fans why they made the right decision to to take the marriage off the table. It will proably be all Peter can't be Spiderman and a father at the same time, he would make a choice. But only time will tell.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Most likely the latter with this being Spider-Man's final story before the incursion destroyed his universe.
    We have the Regency as a domain on the map, so certainly some of it still exists. I suppose it might be a means of showing another universe before it went to Battleworld and so forth.

In an ideal world we'd have more than one Peter with single 616, married RYV and maybe more, but I suspect that's a bit of a pipe dream.

BANNED

"Daredevil has fallen victim to the Regent"

...Man, universes with a married Pete just never seem to work out for Murdock (he was killed in MC2 too)

Amazing Member

This is a have your cake and eat it too moment for Marvel - keep him married to MJ with a kid, setting up a mainstream Spider-Girl title in a decade or so. Peter training Miles as the main storyline in the MCU after with Peter semi-retired (still fighting but down to one title of his own). It could be an excellent bit - ala the old Justice Society stuff with multi-generations going at once. Skyrockets the story possibilities for writers and allows fans of all ages to be around. In 15-20 years have Miles train May and another kid shows up somewhere along the line (Spider-boy?). so there can always be a teenaged spider hero and an adult one around. I think it would do well for Marvel long term.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok, having thought about it logically, I'm starting to believe that in Secret Wars, the Regency will be in a certain situation as a domain and that as what looks to be a 'Last Days' title, Renew Your Vows is effectively a prequel about what it got to that situation, happy or sad.

Also ten bucks says the Regent will be Norman Osborn.