Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Also ten bucks says the Regent will be Norman Osborn.
    My money is on Normie Osborn .

This looks cool though, really pumped to read it.
    Although I think Slott gave the heads up to the masses this won't be a happy ending.

BANNED

Also ten bucks says the Regent will be Norman Osborn.
    Or Mephisto.

The Regency is connected to the events of OMD for a reason after all.

MJ's bargain with Mephisto in OMD/OMIT was that he would never intervene in Peter's life after the deal was struck. If she did not make that deal in this universe, Mephisto can still dick around with Peter.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Or Mephisto.

The Regency is connected to the events of OMD for a reason after all.

MJ's bargain with Mephisto in OMD/OMIT was that he would never intervene in Peter's life after the deal was struck. If she did not make that deal in this universe, Mephisto can still dick around with Peter.
    As long as Peter gets to punch the arse in the face, I would be interested in seeing that concept, though in an ideal world I think that would be wise to avoid too much connections to OMD. In any case the divergence seems to be more around the Clone Saga if this is May.

Also excited to see classic Venom and Kraven the Hunter will likely be back too. Interested to see if there are any other little changes in this timeline.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-16-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yet no one mentions Mr. and Mrs. Spider-man or any of the Spider-girl stories ?

I mean I'm glad for this and I'm excited for this, but honestly...where's credit for Spider-girl, a world that showed how Spider-man as a dad would have ended up ?
    These are two different stories with two different narrative focuses, no need to be so upset.

We have the Regency as a domain on the map, so certainly some of it still exists. I suppose it might be a means of showing another universe before it went to Battleworld and so forth.

In an ideal world we'd have more than one Peter with single 616, married RYV and maybe more, but I suspect that's a bit of a pipe dream.
    Throw in Ultimate Peter and it'd probably suck to be a Ben Reilly fan. 3 different Peters and we can't even keep 1 Ben

BANNED

Also excited to see classic Venom and Kraven the Hunter will likely be back too. Interested to see if there are any other little changes in this timeline.
    Thing is...was'nt Eddie Venom in the 100th anniversary Spider-Man one-shot too?

Maybe one of the elements in the next universe will be just that...Eddie back in the suit. Bye bye Flash.

BANNED

This kid better have powers, or I'm quitting Spidey books or Spidey better be able to be a single dad and still continue to be Spider-Man. Spidey shouldn't settle down, ever. Parent superheroes hardly are successful unless there Batman, and do we really want Peter to be Batman?

I'm excited for this.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNorthey View Post
    This is a have your cake and eat it too moment for Marvel - keep him married to MJ with a kid, setting up a mainstream Spider-Girl title in a decade or so. Peter training Miles as the main storyline in the MCU after with Peter semi-retired (still fighting but down to one title of his own). It could be an excellent bit - ala the old Justice Society stuff with multi-generations going at once. Skyrockets the story possibilities for writers and allows fans of all ages to be around. In 15-20 years have Miles train May and another kid shows up somewhere along the line (Spider-boy?). so there can always be a teenaged spider hero and an adult one around. I think it would do well for Marvel long term.
    I agree with you, however I fear certain people at Marvel are to stubborn to see the possibilities. Perhaps however those at Disney, considering they are all about family entertainment, are not.

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Thing is...was'nt Eddie Venom in the 100th anniversary Spider-Man one-shot too?

Maybe one of the elements in the next universe will be just that...Eddie back in the suit. Bye bye Flash.
    Please, please, please let this happen, I'd be tickled pink if it did.

I have noticed they've put out a lot of classic venom toys lately, along with video game renditions, perhaps that's a good sign my wish will come true?

Any ideas on the baby's name? Or is everyone just going to call her May(day)?

Nothing really there to improve guesses on what the book is all about.

Last Spider-Man story doesn't have to mean anything more than Peter stops being Spider-Man.

Well the baby was going to be May back in the Clone Saga, but that was likely because they believed Aunt May was dead, so it really depends if she is here or not. I get the impression she's alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Any ideas on the baby's name? Or is everyone just going to call her May(day)?
    The calender reads "May", might be an in-joke allusion to the first baby.

If Peter and MJ had a second child (had they said no to Mephisto), her name would have been Mary Jr. (MJ...get it?) and been joined later by another Benjy, at least according to the One-Above-All's vision
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 03-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.