Thread: Archaia

Default Archaia

So any love for the eclectic range of books published by Archaia? I've recently blitzed through the trades I bought recently and though they can be a little hit and miss, the hits are really strong.

I highly recommend:

The Killer
    Mumbai Confidential
    Artesia
    Secret History

Any other fans here?

Yeah Archaia are fantastic. Recent favourites of mine:

- Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. 4 Issues, they're all separate witch-centric tales. Very good, plus features the incomparable Kyla Vanderklugt on a gorgeous watercoloured Japanese folk legend, S.M. Vidaurri painted an issue... The hardback's gonna be gorgeous.

- The Last Broadcast. 7 Issues last year, hardback's coming in June. Manga inspired European visual style and a story about like, magic tricks and stuff. It's basically that film Now You See Me, except not awful.

- The Joiners in 3D. A Graphic novel with 3D glasses, hand-drawn and everything. Admittedly I didn't love the story, but seeing David Marquez stray sooooo far away from his style on Ultimate Spider-Man is a real treat. Seriously, I didn't believe this was Marquez at first. Plus the 3D is really fun, although it did give me a headache after a while. Appreciate the craftsmanship though.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I remember enjoying Artesia in floppy form a long time ago.

Looking to add FREAKS’ SQUEELE to my standing order in April Previews (June release.)

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah Archaia are fantastic. Recent favourites of mine:

- Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. 4 Issues, they're all separate witch-centric tales. Very good, plus features the incomparable Kyla Vanderklugt on a gorgeous watercoloured Japanese folk legend, S.M. Vidaurri painted an issue... The hardback's gonna be gorgeous.

- The Last Broadcast. 7 Issues last year, hardback's coming in June. Manga inspired European visual style and a story about like, magic tricks and stuff. It's basically that film Now You See Me, except not awful.

- The Joiners in 3D. A Graphic novel with 3D glasses, hand-drawn and everything. Admittedly I didn't love the story, but seeing David Marquez stray sooooo far away from his style on Ultimate Spider-Man is a real treat. Seriously, I didn't believe this was Marquez at first. Plus the 3D is really fun, although it did give me a headache after a while. Appreciate the craftsmanship though.
    Jim Henson's Storyteller: Witches. and The Last Broadcast. look interesting, I'll keep an eye out for the trades on these. I do love the diversity of genres that Archaia publishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    I remember enjoying Artesia in floppy form a long time ago.

Looking to add FREAKS’ SQUEELE to my standing order in April Previews (June release.)
    Artesia is great, just a shame it has come to a halt, hopefully with the Boom acquisition it will free up Mark Smylie to produce more of his comic.