Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Neil Gaiman's Legacy Lives As Marvel Preps "1602: Witch Hunter Angela" For "Secret Wars"

Marguerite Bennett and Kieron Gillen take the Asgardian warrior into the world of "1602" with artist Stephanie Hans.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

I'm buying this. I might buy it twice.

Perfect team and concept.

I'm down with this and I believe they hinted at this during last interview they had. I've been enjoying the creative team's work so far.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Will be picking this up no doubt! I love that world (kind of wish the 1602 Peter was still alive right now.)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Too bad they didn't start their run with Angela in that amazing costume. I'd have probably picked up the book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm starting to wish I'd checked out Angela sooner because this sounds awesome, and she's a perfect choice for the 1602 universe. Interested to see what 1602 Winter Soldier and the Guardians look like, we already have the 1602 Young Avengers and 1602 Punisher coming in other titles.

Yeeessssss I want this so bad.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Cool interview w/ more info over at Buzzfeed.

In terms of Sera, how will we see a transwoman represented in 1602?

MB: ...there were lots of portions of society where you were given freedom, the further from the court life you were. Court life, which we understand, where most of our historical records and most of the art of the day was coming from. So when we involve you know, holy orders such as what Angela essentially is... you can get into a little more freedom. There are a number of historical monks who were women and people who were allowed to live healthy trans lives in these halls of higher learning. These orders of monks were mostly responsible for the preservation of art and literature. It’s funny that these halls of learning and highly sequestered gender roles are the best place to find lots of trans people throughout history.
    Very cool. Bennett sounds so pumped in this interview; I love how fast she's entered the ring at Marvel.
    Last edited by Time Like Lightning; 03-16-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

This makes so much sense, given Angela's origins. Though I misread at first and thought the headline said Gaiman was writing, which would have been amazeballs, though probably issue 2 wouldn't come out until four months after Secret Wars was over, so it's for the best.

More Neil Gaiman is a good thing and I enjoyed 1602.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Cool interview w/ more info over at Buzzfeed.

Very cool. Bennett sounds so pumped in this interview; I love how fast she's entered the ring at Marvel.
    Thanks for sharing this. I like the interview and Bennett doing more Marvel work is great. I've always like the energy/passion she has in her interviews as well. I think we can potentially credit Marts for her getting more Marvel work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Weevil View Post
    This makes so much sense, given Angela's origins. Though I misread at first and thought the headline said Gaiman was writing, which would have been amazeballs, though probably issue 2 wouldn't come out until four months after Secret Wars was over, so it's for the best.
    See, now you make me wish we would have Gaiman writing as much as I like Gillen/Bennett's work on the title.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

The new book will unveil a different take on the Angela concept as the character hunting down a different take on mutants known as witchbreed.
    I hope Storm's a good witch...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...274&GSub=85614

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm trying to think who was in the 1602 X-Men, think it was just the original five, plus Magneto, Toad, Wanda and Pietro, so there's plenty of scope for more 'Witchbreed'.

Also hoping we get to see 1602 Daredevil and the Fantastick Four, loved those versions of the characters.

BANNED

1602 Winter Soldier is gonna Assassin's Creed it all over someone's face.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm trying to think who was in the 1602 X-Men, think it was just the original five, plus Magneto, Toad, Wanda and Pietro, so there's plenty of scope for more 'Witchbreed'.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    1602 Winter Soldier is gonna Assassin's Creed it all over someone's face.
    Hahaha, oh yes, I sure hope so.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007