Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    Ofc freeza took a fraction of the explosion,not like the whole explosion was concentrated all on freeza.
    Honestly, I could probably math exactly how much of the explosion Frieza took. It'd save a lot of trouble arguing.

I'm probably going to do it someday.

You remember that scene with vegeta throwing the db and berta moving so fast vegeta was barely moving at all,.
    Burter dude. Burter.

Berta makes me think of Vegeta being blitzed by Big Bertha.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Using human speed, generally, you're going something like 3 - 10X faster than someone to "disappear" from their view, depending a lot on distance and size and other things. We can see stuff way in the air that is going the speed of sound, for instance, but untrained eyes can't even follow an 80mph baseball a few feet away, so there are a lot of factors.
    Ah really?Damn thats not even close then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Honestly, I could probably math exactly how much of the explosion Frieza took. It'd save a lot of trouble arguing.

I'm probably going to do it someday.

Burter dude. Burter.

Berta makes me think of Vegeta being blitzed by Big Bertha.
    Ah right,burter.

I find the feat so silly,i mean he takes a a full on blast from ssj goku and that doesnt kil him?Seriously hehe.Im sure 100% freeza could have easily tanked that explosion with little injury or none,since he took the kameha and spirit bomb but that explosion should have finished him since he took a full on blast from ssj goku,which would have seriously damaged him or should have killed him considering his condition and the little amount of ki he had left(i doubt goku gave him a huge amount,proly just little enough to let him fly into space away from the explosion).
    Hehe i find it funny how freeza thought he can kill ssj goku with the same ki that goku gave him,rofl,he must have been so desperate to kill goku,hed proly throw pebbles at him if he had no other option ^^

What are anime frieza's FTL feats?

Planet EXPLOSION durability was specifically stated as opposed to planet BUSTER durability to differentiate between being on a planet when it exploded and the variables that come with that and taking something that would blow up a planet (which he probably did as well, but that's a whole 'nother story). No further explanation really needed there.
    This seems like trying to truck in semantics. What are you holding the difference here to be meaningfully?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Well there is piccolo's special beam canon stated to move at light speed(or close to it) and since hes attacks reached the moon in seconds or less,ye id say raditz is FTL ^^.Anime only.As for freeza,well king kai,who can track FTL moving ships,and i mean ships that are thousands of times faster than light with easy,was unable to track freeza and goku moving at high speed.His antennas blow up and he says in shock they are moving to fast for me to track,this has never happened before.This is only in the anime.The piccolo statement is also only in the anime.

We know its a fast ki blast since,he fires it it shows being close to radits then a flash of light and we see a mountain with a huge hole in it and raditz's shoulder wounded a little,so considering his first attack was able to reach the moon in seconds or less i dont see why this attack would be any slower and in the anime piccolo states raditz is faster than light cos he dodged his attack.So only anime,manga speed was never stated so who knows ^^

We also have freeza's finger beam instantly causing a rift in the planet,so thats insanely fast and ssj goku dodges it with easy thats both in anime and manga.

And in anime only there is ssj goku punching a massive ki ball from namek to another planet,instantly destroying it.Ki ball was fired by freeza.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    This seems like trying to truck in semantics. What are you holding the difference here to be meaningfully?
    You replied to my post as if I was focusing on him tanking a buster. The difference between a buster is the force used to explode a planet (ie. the death star beam), while surviving an explosion is being on Alderaan when it exploded. It's a HUGE difference in force due to the amount of focused force taken, with "explosion" being a variable amount based on amount of factors.

Well there is piccolo's special beam canon stated to move at light speed(or close to it) and since hes attacks reached the moon in seconds or less,ye id say raditz is FTL ^^.Anime only.As
    Fraction actually. It takes light like one second to travel from the Moon to the Earth. Piccolo's moonbuster takes quite a few seconds to reach the moon.

By the time you reach Namek, you have Goku using a FTL Kamehameha to escape a star's gravity field, Goku punching a blast thrown by Frieza mid-fight and it reaching all the way to another planet.

And, of course, Goku and Frieza flying so damn fast King Kai, the guy who keeps track of FTL spaceships, is unable to see them at all.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Fraction actually. It takes light like one second to travel from the Moon to the Earth.

By the time you reach Namek, you have Goku using a FTL Kamehameha to escape a star's gravity field, Goku punching a blast thrown by Frieza mid-fight and it reaching all the way to another planet.

And, of course, Goku and Frieza flying so damn fast King Kai, the guy who keeps track of FTL spaceships, is unable to see them at all.
    Well piccolo said,be gone and the moon was gone,so ye i guess you could say it was just like 5th or 10th of LS,though he did state that youd need to be faster than light to dodge his special beam cannon.

Oh,i missed that one with the star gravity thing.What episode was it?ive never seen it,guessing it happened when he was training on the ship right?

Toriyama should have done these things in the manga hehe,we wouldnt be debating so much if he had ^^

Oh,i missed that one with the star gravity thing.What episode was it?ive never seen it,guessing it happened when he was training on the ship right?
    Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkfwklsYfBA

1:50 has the relevant feat.

Ah, Goku. Can beat a star's gravity but can't beat super glue

Judging by Piccolo's moon bust time. His beam was moving some like.....20%ish the speed of light.

So they start at a pretty good speed.

He reacts to the fastest full forced focused attacks from the most powerful protagonists. Those attacks were shown, in that saga and earlier, later to be significantly close to light speed (full force kamehameha, one of Piccolo's), or to exit the atmosphere and head into distances in space at least high relativistic speeds, even when slowed down or being blocked (in that saga and soon after). He also shoots a finger beam that goes at speeds in which characters that can also react to those things are literally statues (and which SSJ Goku can casually block). There are ridiculous jumps of speed shown in that part of the series over people that are already high relativistic, by any standard. He's at least a significant enough fraction of light that he's not taking that many hits from someone at light before he can release an AOE. Thus his durability, and how strong those hits are, is what matters the most.

See the Dragon Ball feat thread that Hazard put together to show that specific ki attacks are different, named, and have consistent properties (or play Xenoverse, which shows that as well). It also shows the difference between focused durability and standard, and focused punches/kicks and standard.

Revival of F shows that Freeza never trained a day in his life and didn't know how to control his ki at all, so almost everything he was, was either default or intuitive.

18 can casually blitz the highest end characters from that saga. So Wonder Woman would at the very least, have to hurt someone with Freeza + durability who was way faster than Freeza enough to seriously injure or KO her before she could AOE.

Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkfwklsYfBA

1:50 has the relevant feat.

Ah, Goku. Can beat a star's gravity but can't beat super glue
    Lol,and freeza was fast enough to block that with his hand.Ok that is quite insane.Kameham fro ma much weaker goku goes through the star and freeza tanks it with little damage.

. He also shoots a finger beam that goes at speeds in which characters that can also react to those things are literally statues (and which SSJ Goku can casually block).
    That was non ssj goku who deflected them.ssj goku dodged it,he moved his whole body out of the beam's way.The same beam who instantly made a rift in the planet.

Either way,manga 18 is iffy,but anime wins quite easily.
    Last edited by buutenks; 03-17-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Well there is piccolo's special beam canon stated to move at light speed(or close to it) and since hes attacks reached the moon in seconds or less,ye id say raditz is FTL ^^.Anime only.As for freeza,well king kai,who can track FTL moving ships,and i mean ships that are thousands of times faster than light with easy,was unable to track freeza and goku moving at high speed.His antennas blow up and he says in shock they are moving to fast for me to track,this has never happened before.This is only in the anime.The piccolo statement is also only in the anime.

We know its a fast ki blast since,he fires it it shows being close to radits then a flash of light and we see a mountain with a huge hole in it and raditz's shoulder wounded a little,so considering his first attack was able to reach the moon in seconds or less i dont see why this attack would be any slower and in the anime piccolo states raditz is faster than light cos he dodged his attack.So only anime,manga speed was never stated so who knows ^^

We also have freeza's finger beam instantly causing a rift in the planet,so thats insanely fast and ssj goku dodges it with easy thats both in anime and manga.

And in anime only there is ssj goku punching a massive ki ball from namek to another planet,instantly destroying it.Ki ball was fired by freeza.
    Could you provide a video link to these statements? I only ask because I watched the anime long ago and don't remember specific statements like that

It also seems inconsistent with the time taken by goku to cross snake way and Gotenks circling the earth , and even how long the characters generally seem to take to move around the planet, though obviously they were not trying as hard as in a fight

also it is easier to track objects in space than on say a planet .....space being as vast as it is

Lol,and freeza was fast enough to block that with his hand.Ok that is quite insane.Kameham fro ma much weaker goku goes through the star and freeza tanks it with little damage.
    It doesn't really go through. But yeah. It is impressive.

It also seems inconsistent with the time taken by goku to cross snake way and Gotenks circling the earth , and even how long the characters generally seem to take to move around the planet, though obviously they were not trying as hard as in a fight
    The snake way is hilariously inconsistent with plenty of stuff. Starting with the fact that it takes Goku 6 months to get through.

Travel speed in DBZ is just way slower than reaction speed.

On Gotenks travel's speed, that's more of a matter of interpretation.
    Last edited by Hazard; 03-17-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Fraction actually. It takes light like one second to travel from the Moon to the Earth. Piccolo's moonbuster takes quite a few seconds to reach the moon.

Anime Piccolo takes 4 seconds from firing to moon explosion, from what I recall. Manga is obviously pretty immediate in being the next panel. It happens with a giant ape stomping around at superspeeds (just slower than others), so it has to be happening really quick, whatever the case. I typically say 25% light, to be safe.

There are pretty big jumps after that in which people are basically statues to the other people Burta/Goku/Finger Beam/SSJ Goku, so even being hugely pessimistic, they're not taking many hits from a lightspeeder without taking an action of their own in the Freeza saga. Android saga, yeah, there are other large jumps.