Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I said it was a quick and dirty calc, not an exact number. Could the energy be distributed unevenly? Of course. Do we have any way of knowing if Freiza was in a spot that received a larger portion of the energy than the average patch of the planet? We do not. So, does he absorb exactly 1 120 trillionth of the energy of Namek exploding? Maybe, but probably not. Is it something within a few orders of magnitude of that as a top end? Almost certainly. Some of the energy may of course be lost to things like sound and visible light that are not going to be hurting Freiza, but I was ignoring that for the purpose of the calc.
    Namek exploded in a total large explosion from the center that almost vaped it, and as such, it's more about distance from the epicenter of explosion, and how much the planet itself absorbed that affects the outward force that hits you as opposed to what area you take up on the explosive surface as far as what amount of force hits the person, from the research I did into stuff like that before. Since it's exploding from the center, the force that needs to break the planet enough to lose its gravity hold will need to basically be "universal," for lack of better term. The kind of calc you were using seems more like "what if you were on the outskirts of a linear blast," imo, because then you have runoff due to size as opposed to ALWAYS being in the pure center of it, since it's radial.
    Last edited by abmccray; 03-17-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Freeza has two noted planet busters.

He has his Death Ball, which is the gigantic ball that he flings into a planet and vapes it on contact. This never appeared in the manga. However, it appeared in the original Bardock special, and given Toriyama's acknowledgment of it, seems to be something absorbed into canon. It also appears in the Trunks episode and Kai and movie canon in the Cooler movies.

He also has his unnammed little planet destroying attack that works by drilling down to the core. This is something he made in his perfect form, where he noted he had no idea how to control his energy in that form, and probably held back subconsciously so he could fight Goku a little more. This appeared in the manga.

So the question is, does he have a giant screw you sphere that he can make near instantly, or does he just have his little thing that he has to toss into the core of a planet to blow it up to create an AOE. It makes a difference on if he can create something that someone faster can't simply dodge or not let him throw in the first place.
    Ah okay.

Actually, he does use his Death Ball in the manga. He just never gets the chance to throw it because the Genki Dama hits him right then.

Honestly, I'm okay with him having it. I have never seen core-busting as something he needed to do, just a fluke that happened in Namek since he held back too much in a form he rarely used. That said, given his knowledge of it I wouldn't be surprised if he had Ginyu or even Zarbon and Dodoria do stuff like that from time to time.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    ,ye id say raditz is FTL
    sorry no way is raditz FTL i'd say they dont get to LS till freeza 100% lv.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He's talking anime. Though he isn't FTL there either but the statement is way more understandable.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    He's talking anime. Though he isn't FTL there either but the statement is way more understandable.
    ya but they allso say kidbuu>>>>superbuu in the anime.

ya but they allso say kidbuu>>>>superbuu in the anime.
    Differences in the anime and dub don't take away the stupid high end feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Differences in the anime and dub don't take away the stupid high end feats.
    are you saying kidbuu has better feats over superbuu?

are you saying kidbuu has better feats over superbuu?
    In theory yeah, but it really doesn't matter. I'd have to check to know if that line was said for sure or if it was just a dub thing.

not to mention only being annoyed by multiple planet buster ++s
    So, they couldn't really hurt him at all even with the charge up time, is how you come off. Is that what you're saying here?

And do you mean this for manga Freiza? Anima Freiza? Both?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-17-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Mighty Member

Namek exploded in a total large explosion from the center that almost vaped it, and as such, it's more about distance from the epicenter of explosion, and how much the planet itself absorbed that affects the outward force that hits you as opposed to what area you take up on the explosive surface as far as what amount of force hits the person, from the research I did into stuff like that before. Since it's exploding from the center, the force that needs to break the planet enough to lose its gravity hold will need to basically be "universal," for lack of better term. The kind of calc you were using seems more like "what if you were on the outskirts of a linear blast," imo, because then you have runoff due to size as opposed to ALWAYS being in the pure center of it, since it's radial.
    An exploding planet contains a finite amount of energy. That energy radiates outward in all directions. Why would you think that any one direction receives significantly more energy than the rest? If it did, do you think someone standing nearby Frieza would take less of the blast? What about someone on the other side of the planet when it explodes? Do you think the energy released increases based on the number of people that surround the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    An exploding planet contains a finite amount of energy. That energy radiates outward in all directions. Why would you think that any one direction receives significantly more energy than the rest? If it did, do you think someone standing nearby Frieza would take less of the blast? What about someone on the other side of the planet when it explodes? Do you think the energy released increases based on the number of people that surround the planet?
    You seem to be responding as if I said the opposite of what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So, they couldn't really hurt him at all even with the charge up time, is how you come off. Is that what you're saying here?

And do you mean this for manga Freiza? Anima Freiza? Both?
    This is the reaction to a charged X20 kaioken kamehameha from Goku. It only singed and annoyed him:

In anime, it's planet buster ++
    In manga, it's arguably a planet buster + given that Goku there is far stronger than Freeza's first form, that could vape a planet (if we're allowing that, which I was talking to Hazard about)

dragonball_v21_199.jpg

Mighty Member

There was also the time Vegeta tried his powered up attack at Freiza, only for Freiza to kick it into orbit. It was noteworthy because it demonstrates how Frieza cannot sense power. When Vegeta first fired it Frieza was smiling and seemed content to let it hit. But when Piccolo yelled that Vegeta was trying to blow up the planet Frieza got surprised because I guess he didn't expect Vegeta to go that far. Then he promptly kicked the blast into orbit. This literally caused Vegeta to start crying in despair. Now while that might not mean anything to some people, that tells me he put everything he had into that. Otherwise someone like Vegeta wouldn't lost hope for the fight if he still thought he had something better to hit Freiza with. Then their was the attack Abmccray just mentioned and the spirit bomb that also failed to do anything significant. Which considering it is literally Goku's longest charging move(which is why it's a last resort) would be what I consider the charged attack of the series. Since I know of no other that takes as long. The big thing of Freiza was until Goku went super they couldn't do anything but anger him in his last form.

So depending on where you place the characters at that point it says quite a bit about Freiza in relation to people with those capacities.

This is the reaction to a charged X20 kaioken kamehameha from Goku. It only singed and annoyed him:

In anime, it's planet buster ++
    In manga, it's arguably a planet buster + given that Goku there is far stronger than Freeza's first form, that could vape a planet (if we're allowing that, which I was talking to Hazard about)

dragonball_v21_199.jpg
    So again, what you're basically saying is that be it post Crisis Superman or post Crisis Wonder Woman, they should just straight up bounce off Frieza even with "charge up time"?

Meant anime,since piccolo destroyed the moon in one panel,which is LS or so then uses his special beam cannon,raditz dodges then states,but hed need to be faster than light to dodge that.Thats why i said raditz is FTL ^^.Anime only ofc.

Since its manga,it all comes down to speed here,so how fast can Wonder Woman fight?