Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    As N walked, he explained what a Gollett was: Goletts are small Ice-type Pokemon. They tend to live in caves, or temples. They were created somehow by an ancient civilisation to be guardians for people and Pokemon, and typically guard powerful objects or places, such as The Dragonspiral Tower. I'm just afraid that some danger may lurk in this place to stop is from finding that Emerald.... N called back to the others: How much further does the scanner say we have to go until we reach the Emerald?
    Mike Tyson was being quiet and observant for the moment. Listening to the words of some, watching the actions of others. He had his suspicions, but wasn't ready to say, or vote, yet.

Not that he was finding this easy, by any means. "This is harder to get to than Lennox Lewis", he muttered to himself.

Then, he heard N talk about getting to emeralds. "I almost forgot that we're supposed to go after some kind of crown jewels or something like that." He liked the idea of being on the hunt for something, it was when he was at his best, when he was hungry for something he didn't have. "Let's go get it", he said.

As N walked, he explained what a Gollett was: Goletts are small Ice-type Pokemon. They tend to live in caves, or temples. They were created somehow by an ancient civilisation to be guardians for people and Pokemon, and typically guard powerful objects or places, such as The Dragonspiral Tower. I'm just afraid that some danger may lurk in this place to stop is from finding that Emerald.... N called back to the others: How much further does the scanner say we have to go until we reach the Emerald?
    "Hard to tell," Goombella said, keeping an eye on the radar. "But it shouldn't be too long, y'know? I suppose I can pass the time by doing a few more tattles. By the way, the reason I didn't find anything on the Gollets was because I was looking it up in my book, and not a Pokedex. And the tattle log is totally not an imitation of a Pokedex, by the way. He he he!"

"But seriously, I think I'll look you up in the book and see what it says."

Goombella then decided to look up N in the book.

"That's N, though his full name is Natural Harmonia Gropius."

"He was orphaned as a child and raised by Pokémon in the woods. He was isolated from humans for quite a while, so he regards Pokémon in general as his closest friends. Oh, and if you don't know what Pokémon are, you've probably been on another planet for the last 17 years, he he! But seriously, they're a bunch of super-powered animal and other creatures who travel alongside humans and fight using all sorts of totally cool techniques. They also have some useful super-abilities outside of combat."

"Anyway, he, like, works for a new and better future for his Pokémon friends, but some total jerk named Ghetsis totally exploited him for his own purposes. Yeah, he kinda saw the world divided into Black and White, human and Pokémon for a while, but got over it when he found out Ghetsis was lying to him. After the good guys won and defeated Ghetsis, N went off on his own for a while. He later turned up to ask assistance from a Pokémon Master when Ghetsis returned to cause trouble again."

"His Zoroark is totally helpful to him, sometimes doing a few errands for him. The Zoroark is also pretty good at combat, using such abilities as Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Night Slash, and Retaliate."

"Despite everything, he's totally a good natured sort who truly cares for his Pokémon, and gets along well with those who treat their Pokémon with kindness, too. He's learned that when humans and Pokemons can understand each others' needs, they can work together to make a better world."

"Anyway, it looks like he only brought his Zoroark with him, which is just as well given all the many different abilities the Pokémon have. Otherwise, there'd be waaay too many of them and too many abilities to keep track of."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalina View Post
    In their examination of Tingle's body they would have found the stab wound to have been performed from behind. If they turned him around they would see that he was bruised and battered like he had fallen from a great height.
    "If Tingle fell from on high, it is likely that he was struck down by an arrow or a thrown weapon," Lucina pointed out. "And a knife or spear is easier to throw than a sword."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    shrugged, quickening his stride to move ahead of her. Not looking her way, he added, "But someone was stabbed. I'd also take a look at the weirdos dressed up like they walked out of a production of Hamlet." He offered a nod toward Robin and Lucina.
    Lucina noticed Kyle's glance and sighed. She couldn't blame him; he didn't know her, and she herself had called attention to the Falchion she bore. She would need to earn people's trust; it would not be given freely.

She hastened to follow the signal; the sooner they retrieved the Chaos Emeralds, the sooner she could get back to her own quest to save her father--and her land.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-23-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Being quite for some time, Thraja would ask the group.

"Do we know what killed him first? Was it the fall? Or the fall then then being stabbed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina View Post
    "If Tingle fell from on high, it is likely that he was struck down by an arrow or a thrown weapon," Lucina pointed out. "And a knife or spear is easier to throw than a sword."

Lucina noticed Kyle's his glance and sighed. She couldn't blame him; he didn't know her, and she herself had called attention to the Falchion she bore. She would need to earn people's trust; it would not be given freely.

She hastened to follow the signal; the sooner they retrieved the Chaos Emeralds, the sooner she could get back to her own quest to save her father.
    Tetra nodded. "My guess is that an arrow or a slingshot popped the balloon. If it was something thrown, then that person has incredible accuracy. But here, they won't win any prizes from that Salvatore man for doing it. Instead, whoever it is will be punished."

Quote Originally Posted by Thraja View Post
    Being quite for some time, Thraja would ask the group.

"Do we know what killed him first? Was it the fall? Or the fall then then being stabbed?"
    "I've seen Tingle." Tetra said. "I know it'd take more than just a fall to kill him. It's probably the stabbing that did it. But almost any one of us could have done it. Except for Ecco the dolphin, who couldn't use bladed weapons even if he wanted to."

Tetra sighed. "Time is running out, and I don't know who to vote for."

OOC: Make sure to cast your vote! Round will end Tuesday morning my time.

Tetra turned to Goombella. "I'm starting to wonder, now, just what that book of yours has to say about me."

"Yeah, I'd better get to your tattles now." Goombella said. She then looked through her book.

"That's Tetra. She's the leader of the Tetra pirates, who she inherited from her late mother."

"She's a seemingly fearless and tough pirate who seems to care only about herself and treasure, but once you get to know her then you'll see she's totally kind and caring to others. It's another reason her crew respects her so much."

"Like any good pirate, she can fight pretty well when she has to with swords and grappling hooks and such. Her likes include treasure, people with honor, and good rewards. Her dislikes include spineless cowards, giant birds who kidnap people, and evil warlords."

"There's a lot more I could say about her, but that would be totally going into spoilers, here, so I'm not gonna bring it up unless it's necessary."

Tetra nodded. "I suppose that's reasonably accurate. Now, does that book say anything about Bobbery."

Goombella smiled. "Bobbery and I, like, go back a ways. I'm not sure I even NEED to look him up. But I'll look him up anyway just to keep you happy."

"That's Admiral Bobbery. He's known by many sailors and dockworkers as a legendary helmsman. And after being on a few adventures with him, I'd have to say his reputation is totally well-deserved. He can navigate a ship through all sorts of treacherous obstacles that would have left many other sailors shipwrecked."

"As a Bob-Omb, he knows a lot of cool explosive tricks. He can create a single Bomb explosion that'll take out one enemy, or a HUGE explosion that'll do damage to a whole bunch of enemies. He can also release a small Bomb Squad of miniature explosives that'll explode a round or two later. Then there's his Hold Fast move, where those who try to attack him directly will totally take damage."

"He's been through a lot of heartache and sorrow, but he cares greatly for those who sail with him and will put their well-being ahead of his. All in all, he's great to have with you on any voyage."

Bobbery smiled. "Ah, that's very kind of you to say. But we mustn't go overboard praising each other. We have that Chaos Emerald to find. Now, what is the radar saying?"

Goombella looked at the radar. "The further we go down this hall, the louder it beeps, but I'm not sure how close we are. It could be, like, just ahead of us, or some ways away. But I think we're totally getting closer to it."
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 03-22-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Tharja would think to herself, before addressing her husband and the group.

'Hmm, we don't have much to work with. We're all just shooting in the dark, If Tetra is as smart as we heard, I'm voting for her. She new the victim, she admit she know how tough he is. It's a guess. I just don't hope I'm wrong."

OOC: That's a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

'Hmm, we don't have much to work with. We're all just shooting in the dark, If Tetra is as smart as we heard, I'm voting for her. She new the victim, she admit she know how tough he is. It's a guess. I just don't hope I'm wrong."

OOC: That's a vote.
    "A fair assessment, dear..." Robin cautiously replied, an uncertain look holding sway over his expression, "However, I don't think that's enough evidence to go on. Apologizes, but I can't simply go along with you as my wife." Turning to the boy known as N, Robin began his interrogating of him, "Excuse me, your name is N, correct? Would you mind explaining what powers Zoroark, your... Pokemon has? I wish to understand as much of this case as possible."

Tetra turned to Admiral Bobbery. "All right, we came here together, so I suppose when one of us votes, it counts for both of us."

Bobbery paused. "I've seen only one of these games before, and that time the players got lucky in the first round because the person they voted for was a right blackguard. Made everyone hate him by pushing their buttons. So they voted him off just to be rid of him, and it turned out he WAS one of those Bloodthirsty Buccaneers after all. He showed up later, and died in battle against a few of the players."

"This clearly isn't the same story." Tetra said. "Here, there's no one particularly obnoxious or suspicious, and the method is such that almost anyone could have done it. All they would need is a means of popping a balloon, and something to stab Tingle with, and there's no shortage of either of those."

"But we have to vote for someone or else we'll get nowhere." Bobbery said.

"You're right. Someone has to get the ball rolling." Tetra replied. "I have to vote for someone, but I haven't a clue who to vote for."

"What about that Garcian chap?" Bobbery asked. "He seems like one of those gang assassins. Someone like him could easily pull off a hit and make it seem ambiguous."

Tetra sighed. "He's as good as any. We haven't any means of narrowing it down. So Garcian it is."

OOC: Vote for Garcian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharja View Post

"Just because I knew Tingle before this game doesn't make me guilty. When I said he's tough enough to survive a fall from his balloon, what I mean is that I've seen people pop his balloon before when he's flying. He somehow manages to land on his feet, with no injuries aside from to his dignity." Tetra said.

"Beyond that, he's not all that strong. He doesn't possess any real magical powers, as much as he'd want to. It doesn't take any prior knowledge of him. You don't need some fairy companion to point out his weak points -- he's not some 'boss' monster such as Gohma or the Helmaroc King. He's just a wannabe who sells maps and runs a weird Tingle Tower just southwest of Windfall Island. I'm not sure I want to know what's up with that."

"In any case, you're right about one thing. We don't have much to work with. Anyone could have surprised him and stabbed him. Except Ecco the Dolphin, who doesn't have hands to hold a blade."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Tetra nodded. "My guess is that an arrow or a slingshot popped the balloon. If it was something thrown, then that person has incredible accuracy. But here, they won't win any prizes from that Salvatore man for doing it. Instead, whoever it is will be punished."

"I've seen Tingle." Tetra said. "I know it'd take more than just a fall to kill him. It's probably the stabbing that did it. But almost any one of us could have done it. Except for Ecco the dolphin, who couldn't use bladed weapons even if he wanted to."

Tetra sighed. "Time is running out, and I don't know who to vote for."
    "That sounds as if the killer is skilled with more than one weapon," said Lucina. "I know I didn't kill Tingle, and there's at least one other besides me who fits that description: Bayonetta, who is also, according to Goombella, an expert fighter. Furthermore, she seems to find this whole business amusing, which murder is definitely not. I vote for her.

OOC: Vote for Bayonetta
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-23-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    "A fair assessment, dear..." Robin cautiously replied, an uncertain look holding sway over his expression, "However, I don't think that's enough evidence to go on. Apologizes, but I can't simply go along with you as my wife." Turning to the boy known as N, Robin began his interrogating of him, "Excuse me, your name is N, correct? Would you mind explaining what powers Zoroark, your... Pokemon has? I wish to understand as much of this case as possible."
    N looked at the sword-wielding couple. Zoroark, as a very rare Dark-type Pokemon, possessed a multitude of abilities. N tried to explain them without alarming the couple, the same way that Cereza's violent abilities had intimidated him. Well....Zoroark has four attacks... Focus Blast, Retaliate, Snarl and Night Slash. The latter three are made even more powerful because Zoroark is also a dark-type. As well as that, Zoroark is fast, strong.... he also has his famous ability, Illusion, but I doubt that it would work here, without any Pokemon to imitate...

As Tetra and Bobbery voted for Garcian,N sighed. I'm sorry, but I still can't vote for anyone. What if I voted for the wrong person? But then again, I don't want anyone else to be hurt.... Zoroark growled, as his voice echoed in N's head. I'd rather risk one person than put everyone at risk. Vote for the Witch. She could have easily done this...
    N looked at the others.I can't vote, but Zoroark wishes to vote for Cereza. He looked at Cereza. I'm sorry....
    OOC: Vote for Bayonetta.

Observing some of the others, Mike Tyson felt he was ready to make his decision.

"I don't know why you vote for those people who don't have blades. The poor guy was killed I think Tetra and Cereza don't have blades, but Garcian has 'em. I hope I made my point."

N looked at the sword-wielding couple. Zoroark, as a very rare Dark-type Pokemon, possessed a multitude of abilities. N tried to explain them without alarming the couple, the same way that Cereza's violent abilities had intimidated him. Well....Zoroark has four attacks... Focus Blast, Retaliate, Snarl and Night Slash. The latter three are made even more powerful because Zoroark is also a dark-type. As well as that, Zoroark is fast, strong.... he also has his famous ability, Illusion, but I doubt that it would work here, without any Pokemon to imitate...

As Tetra and Bobbery voted for Garcian,N sighed. I'm sorry, but I still can't vote for anyone. What if I voted for the wrong person? But then again, I don't want anyone else to be hurt.... Zoroark growled, as his voice echoed in N's head. I'd rather risk one person than put everyone at risk. Vote for the Witch. She could have easily done this...
    N looked at the others.I can't vote, but Zoroark wishes to vote for Cereza. He looked at Cereza. I'm sorry....
    OOC: Vote for Bayonetta.
    "Night Slash, you say? Hmm..." Rubbing his chin for a moment, contemplating the case, Robin nodded and made his vote, "Apologies, but you and your partner seem to suspicious to me, N."

OOC vote for N and Zoroark/