Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Traitor Game: There will be brawl!

OOC: Don't post until I say it's okay!

Starting with the rules and general info that are blatantly borrowed (read stolen) from TG Rebirth!

THE RULES!
    ...ON THE ROLES!
    This Traitor Game is traditional-- the object of the game is for the players to vote out the Traitors before they eliminate everyone. There are a total of six roles in the game, a team of three Traitors as antagonists, and a team of three Agents to oppose them. All games are structured and coordinated by a non-player host or pair of hosts.

• The Host: The Game Master has ultimate discretion over the Game's rules, how it is intended to be played, and where the course of the story goes. All correspondence regarding roles is to be done through the host via Private Message, and any questions regarding the game itself should be done the same way. There is also the Traitor Game Bullpen to field group discussions, but within a game, it's always best to speak to the host personally.
      This Game's Host is The Purple Skull as The Beyonder.
    • The Traitors: People among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team and eliminate the other players. Each round, the Traitors will choose a target for elimination along with a method that is Private Messaged to the host. The Traitors win the Traitor Game if all other players are eliminated. There will be two traitors in this game.
    • The Agents: People among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team to identify the Traitors. They are allies of the players and should not be targeted for banishment. After the kill in each round, the Agents will make one guess as to the identity of a Traitor and PM it to the host. It will then be announced, in game, whether they were correct or incorrect. In this particular game there's going to be two agents.
    • Everyone Else: If the player do not have a role, they simply must stay alive and vote out the Traitors. All players, including ones with roles, can cast a single vote to banish a suspected Traitor per round, and if necessary, change that vote once per round. Best of luck!

While the Traitor and Agent roles are always secret outside of their teams, there may come a time when their identities are revealed. If this is the case, and the revealed player would like to do a post within an update regarding that, just ask the host! In the past we have had posts where a Traitor chooses to be revealed during a kill, or an Agent opts to reveal their role to better steer the innocent players in the right direction.

...ON STRATEGY AND TACTICS!
    • The Traitors collectively choose to kill one player every round, and the Agents collectively attempt to guess the identity of a single Traitor every round. All other players' only responsibility is to attempt to vote out (or 'banish') who they think is a Traitor every round. Anonymity is the greatest power Traitors and Agents have... exposing them could spell their doom in the next round!
    • A player character MUST vote 2 out of every 3 rounds. A player may also change their vote once per round. If any player fails to meet this requirement of gameplay, their character is eliminated for 'inactivity'.
    • It is important that players do not communicate outside of the game regarding voting choices, innocence and guilt, kill choices, and any and all things related to the strategic element of the Game. Obviously, with the nature of the Private Messages and extra-CBR means of communication, hosts cannot enforce this. The Honor Code has served us well with very scarce incidences, and everyone can play honestly. Remember, it's just a game! The only rewards given out are for good roleplaying and having fun, not winning. Offenders, if caught, will be completely and irrevocably removed from the Game.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 03-16-2015 at 03:09 PM.

...ON GAME FORMAT!
    The Traitor Game begins with the Traitors eliminating the host-designated 'NPC' or, Non-Player Character. After that, the voting starts alongside regular story updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. During this time, the Agents can PM the host their guess, and Traitors can prepare their next target. When voting, please BOLD or UNDERLINE your choice. Voting recaps are posted regularly between updates, as it makes it easier for everyone to keep track. Again, players may change your vote ONCE per round.

After two days, the person with the most votes will be banished.
    And if you are eliminated, don’t fret. there will be a side story for you to take part in that will tie in to the overall game.

...ON ROLEPLAYING!
    • The first rule of the Traitor Games is always to enjoy oneself and have fun. For nearly a decade, this group has encouraged the development of writing skill and collaborative social interaction between players.
    • Godmoding, as always, will not be tolerated. While the characters are meant to work together to discover the Traitors, suspicion, paranoia, and emotions running hot often gives way some classic comic book dust-ups. Some may be playing villains, some may be heroes, and some are just plain powerful, all fights can be choreographed civilly.
    • If a player is looking to set up some big scene that impacts the plot of the game, or a large collaborative scene with another player, please let the host know first! Collaborative story cohesion is important to everyone, but the host has their own story planned out too!

And with that over with, unto the actual game!

You find yourself transported through time and space to some place new.

Space seems to spread on endlessly in all directions. You are greeted by a calm but warm voice.

"Welcome to my observatory." You see a tall woman dressed in royal regalia come into view.

"I am Rosalina and I need your help to save the multiverse."

An image would emerge in the middle of the group.

"Sonic is familiar with them, for everyone else here these are the Chaos Emeralds, gems that hold insermountable powers...and they have been stolen."
    Rosalina waited for any possible murmur to die down before she continued. "However, something went amiss in the thieves attempt to take them and as a result they have been scattered all around the multiverse. If the thief manages to find them again I can only imagine what he or she would do with them." She turned to face the people she had summoned.

"That's why I have summoned you here. I apologize for spiriting all of you away like this but all worlds are in danger and I had to act in haste." One of the Lumas floated up and handed a small circular device to Rosalina. "This is the Emerald radar it will help you travel the multiverse and point point you to the direction of the Chaos Emeralds." Rosalian went silent...looking down to the ground before speaking again. "I know it is much to ask of you and you may decline if you feel so incline, but for the multiverse...I hope you will consider it."

OOC: You can now post! Feel free to start writing up prologues and casual talking. The update with the first traitor kill be on Wednesday around this time. Traitors and agents will be chosen some time tomorrow.

Let's Smash

Josh - Tharja
    Atomyk - Kyle Hyde
    Anodyne - Lucina
    Conrad Norwood - Robin
    Wedge Antilles - Mike Tyson
    Mighty Roman - N and Zoroark
    wolvie616 - Captain Fabulous
    Yiyel - Zero (Mega Man Zero)
    Froggy - Sonic the Hedgehog
    Mari - Bayonetta
    Tommy - Ecco the Dolphin
    Yun Lao - Killer7
    Chris Lang - Tetra and Bobbery

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Default Prologue:Truth or Ideals?

N looked around at his new surroundings. The Observatory was magnificent, and unlike anything that he had seen in Unova. Perhaps the Dragonspiral Tower was like this? He didn't know. He looked at the other people the woman had addressed. There was a blue humanoid Sandslash , numerous people wielding swords, and what appeared to be some bizarre looking Water Pokémon -perhaps a Kyogre. N wondered what he would do. This woman had asked for his help, and it would be wrong of him not to give it. He had been summoned here. He was walking through Icirrus City with some of his father's guards, when he was met with a blinding light and then he was... here. But then he remembered. Did he have any Pokemon with him? Was there anyone to defend him. He checked his belt. He had at least one Pokeball with him. He put his hand on it. A voice from inside it echoed in his mind: ''I'm still here, N. I think that we should investigate further. This mission cold give us the answers we're looking for. Truth or Ideals?' N nodded. ' Truth or Ideals? Can we trust these people? They do look rather threatening.' He looked at one of the sword wielders. The voice echoed in N's head again.' Humour them. This emerald mission sounds extremely difficult. I doubt that we could do it on our own.' N smiled. He picked up the Pokeball and rolled it around in his hand. 'So, what are your names?'
    VSN.png
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 03-16-2015 at 06:28 PM.

KTZNOTNAKXWWAZFHA

Zero woke up in a daze.

The last thing he could remember was falling down along with Ragnarok - on his way to a certain death.

But now he was on another station - one he didn't recognize. And the world was in peril again. He had no choice.

He turned to the person who spoke up, checking that his weapons were still there and functioning - his Z-Saber, Z-Buster and Z-Knuckle, for when things got dirty. "The name's Zero."

Mike Tyson was in Las Vegas, the last he remembered. Was it for a fight? Another shooting of The Hangover? Was he... hung over? Or working towards getting hung over? The lines blurred so closely in his psyche.

And then, suddenly, he found himself... here. He looked around, everyone looked very strange to him, and he was Mike Tyson. He looked at the Princess, trying to understand what she was saying. He walked towards her.

"Pwincess," he said, "where am I? I didn't die and fade into Bolivia, did I?"

Kyle Hyde couldn't believe his eyes-- and he'd thought he'd seen just about everything. Like a fish out of water and left to flail in the burning hot sun, the ex-detective's senses went into lock down as he stared at the endless vastness of space stretched out before him. His arms slack and his jaw open wide, Kyle was as out of his element as one could get...

... Except for possibly what appeared to be a dolphin amongst them.

Either way, as Kyle turned to the tall regal woman and listened to her words, there was something about her voice that calmed his addled thoughts. The idea that none of this made sense didn't seem to hold as much water when she spoke. By the time she was done, Kyle was convinced that this strange event very well could happen, and that he wasn't currently sleeping in his car, drunk and lit up off his ass. He didn't think he was a complete boozehound, at least.

Still, just because he didn't think he was, didn't mean that this still wasn't largely ridiculous in his eyes.

"I have nothing better to do," Kyle said, his voice a little distant. He honestly wasn't sure how else to respond to this.

Falchion drawn, Lucina strode through the Outrealm Gate into the past. But--Something's wrong! Where are my companions? Looking around, she saw a land that bore no resemblance to the pictures she'd seen in her history books. She then noticed a tall woman in a green robe, wearing a crown. The woman was addressing a group of people, asking for help recovering something called "Chaos Emeralds," whatever they were. As if in answer to Lucina's unspoken question, an image of several brightly colored gemstones appeared in mid-air. The woman--Rosalina, she called herself--was saying that the entire Multiverse was in danger if these jewels were not restored to their proper place. This wasn't the mission the young princess had set herself, but the anxiety in Rosalina's voice was clear. Help was urgently needed, and Lucina would not refuse to do what she could.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-16-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

"I apologize, but where am I?" Robin questioned, looking around the strange space station. Before he had been spirited away, he had been poring over a stack of books, looking for an ancient tome dealing with his heritage. As he drew closer and closer to sleep, the young tactician had felt a tug on his body before darkness enveloped him, and he was unable to open his eyes for a time. Now though, he could see he wasn't home in Ylisse.

"Strange, strange, strange..."

Bayonetta was on a trip, in search of the mountain Fimbulventr, in an effort to save her best friend, Jeanne. Or more precisely, to save her friend's soul from the grasp of Purgatorio.

Then, suddenly, this place. She wondered if she accidentally went through a portal of some kind, it wouldn't be the first time. But she wasn't familiar with this particular place.

It was very spacious... space that stretched farther than her glasses would let her eyes see. Such a place, generally was not new to her, but everyone present was. She looked around, not knowing who to approach or talk to right away. She focused on the one who was speaking first, Rosalina. Chasing after emeralds, gems, valued items. She thought, the concept sounded familiar.

"Count me in", Bayonetta said, "it sounds a bit like fun, actually." She then remembered that she had a dear friend waiting, desperate for her rescue.

"But as long as I can go back to where I was previously, at that precise moment in time. It seems I'm quite popular among the damsels in distress as of late."

behind one of the bushes, Robin would see a familiar face peeking out, before he could even react, she was by his side

"Oh Robin! What a coincidence! What are you doing here?"

With out missing a beat, Tharja would add.

"What are we doing here again? I couldn't here that woman from my bush."

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Mike Tyson was in Las Vegas, the last he remembered. Was it for a fight? Another shooting of The Hangover? Was he... hung over? Or working towards getting hung over? The lines blurred so closely in his psyche.

And then, suddenly, he found himself... here. He looked around, everyone looked very strange to him, and he was Mike Tyson. He looked at the Princess, trying to understand what she was saying. He walked towards her.

"Pwincess," he said, "where am I? I didn't die and fade into Bolivia, did I?"
    N looked at the strange assortment of people around him, focusing on them one by one, tying to work out what he could about them, and trying to remember names. The strong one seemed to be the most physically intimidating. Perhaps, he thought to himself, I should learn more about these people. Fade into Bolivia? I don't believe that we're dead. She mentioned a Multi-verse. Multi-Universes? But it's strange...How is this possible? He trailed off for a moment. He walked towards Tyson. Tyson was almost twice his height. What do you fight for? Truth or Ideals....

The morning began like any other: a hearty breakfast, a cup of coffee, and the newspaper depicting gruesome crimes and sex scandals. There were the screams of anguish coming from Harman's room down the hall, but Garcian had long learned that it was better not to pry in other people's business. The only thing that come draw the man from his morning ritual was the sudden ring of the telephone. Glancing up from his newspaper and coffee, he glanced over to it, not bothering to answer it, but just waiting for the answering machine.

*BEEP*

"Please leave your message after the tone..."

"Hello, Mr. Smith, the election is drawing near, have you decided on your vote? If you haven't, please let the Republican party make the most of your precious vote. Thank you and have a nice day."

*BEEP*

That sleazy and nasally voice brought a small smirk to Garcian's face as he fold up his newspaper and tossed it on the coffee table. "Time for work." After a quick inspection to make sure his white suit was crisp and clean, Garcian Smith picked up his black case an headed outside...only to find himself in an entirely different world once his foot crossed that threshold.

"I am Rosalina and I need your help to save the multiverse."

An image would emerge in the middle of the group.

"Sonic is familiar with them, for everyone else here these are the Chaos Emeralds, gems that hold insurmountable powers...and they have been stolen."[/CENTER]
    Rosalina waited for any possible murmur to die down before she continued. "However, something went amiss in the thieves attempt to take them and as a result they have been scattered all around the multiverse. If the thief manages to find them again I can only imagine what he or she would do with them."

"I think there's been some sort of mistake." He declared. "It sounds like you just need to call the police. I'm just a cleaner, not a detective."

Default Tetra and Bobbery's prologue

Prologue: Tetra

Keelhaul Key

As Tetra took in her surroundings and the strange creatures who had greeted her, she thought back to how she and her pirate crew had found themselves here.

Her ship had been sailing the seas past the Forest Haven when the weather changed. Though there was little wind and little thunder, rain fell constantly onto the deck as her crew tried to steer its way through increasingly lowered visibility. Though Zuko was as good a lookout as they could hope for, even he couldn't see very far through the fog. Senza, thankfully, kept his wits about him, and managed to steer the ship past a number of obstacles, including a few explosive barrels left by Bokoblins.

However, at a certain point, even after the fog had lifted, the crew had to admit that they were lost. Nothing at all looked familiar. Gonzo, as was his wont, turned anxiously to Tetra to tell them what to do. Tetra, unfortunately, had little to say other than to keep sailing until they find land.

So they did. However, their voyages through the strange sea they found themselves in were turning up nothing familiar. However, they did run across a few other pirate ships. The first was a very strange pirate who called himself Guybrush Threepwood. Apparently, he was in search of something called the Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu, which he needed to defeat his nemesis LeChuck. Tetra and her crew decided not to get involved, as it was not their fight, and left Threepwood to go on his way.

The second ship was captained by one James Hook, one of whose hands had been replaced by a hook. He was in search of Peter Pan, the boy who had cut off his hand. Again, Tetra and her crew decided this was none of their business, and parted company with Hook soon afterward.

The third pirate ship they encountered was ... weird. Its captain was a clown who called himself Buggy. He possessed the power to separate parts of himself and control them with his mind, and claimed the power came from a Devil Fruit. The rest of his crew was also extremely weird even by pirate standards. After Buggy questioned them demanding to know the whereabouts of Straw Hat Luffy, Tetra had to tell him that neither she nor the others had even heard of these 'Straw Hat Pirates'. Buggy, however, did not seem to trust them, and lodged explosives at Tetra's ship that they only barely avoided. They sailed as far away from Buggy's vessel as they could until they lost sight of it.

{Recommended music: Tetra's Pirate Ship Theme}

Finally, Zuko spotted land. It was an island they had never seen before, but it appeared to have visitors judging from the dock, the ship docked there, and the small shanty town built from ship debris near the one shore. "Aye, this looks like the sort of place that might contain pirate treasure!" Niko, the lowest-ranking member of Tetra's crew noted.

"It seems to me that other pirates may have already beaten us to it," Nudge noted, spotting the people milling about on the shore.

"Treasure or not, this is still land. At the very least, these people can tell us where we are." Tetra said. "And maybe, we can get them to lead us to the treasure!"

"Here here!" the crew replied in unison.

And so Tetra's vessel docked near the other ship on the island. And that brought Tetra and her crew to where they were now.

Tetra noted that many of the sailors in the shanty town were strangely shaped, with hats (or was it part of their heads?) shaped like mushrooms. When she asked them what sort of beings they were, one said "Oh, people like me are Toads. My name is Thriff T., and I'm the shopkeeper of this town's general store."

"You don't LOOK like an amphibian! You look like a mushroom!" Tetra replied.

Thriff T. laughed. "Yeah, we get that a lot. Especially from those unfamiliar with the Mushroom Kingdom."

"So, where is this place?" Tetra asked.

"This is Keelhaul Key," said Thriff T. "Home of the legendary pirate Cortez and his treasure. He's been dead for many years, but he still lives here and guards the treasure with his crew. When he's not sailing away to Rogueport, that is. In fact, that's his ship you just docked next to."

"This Cortez is a ghost?" Tetra asked.

"Actually, he's more of a skeleton animated by a ghost." Thriff T. replied. "But yes, he and the ghosts of his crew still haunt the island. But lately, he has been more friendly to a few of the living. Admiral Bobbery and a few of his friends befriended him a while back, and so Cortez doesn't give us any trouble any more. As long as we don't try to steal his treasure, that is."

At this point, Niko spoke up again. "I don't understand. If this Cortez is such a legendary pirate, why haven't we heard of him until now?"

(continued next note)
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 03-17-2015 at 12:47 PM.

(from previous note)

Mako, who usually always had a book ready, turned the pages of the book he had ready. "He's not in my book of famous pirates."

"Ahoy, there!" said a voice. Tetra turned to see what appeared to be a cannonball with limbs, a white bushy mustache, and a naval officer's hat approach her.

"Pardon me, old girl, but I couldn't help overhearing your discussion. I think I might know just why you haven't heard of Cortez."

"Old girl?" Tetra glared at him. "I'm not even thirty!"

The cannonball-shaped older gentleman creature laughed. "No offense intended, my dear. In any case, I'm sure you've had a lot of fascinating adventures recently. Keelhaul Key itself isn't easy to reach. Only a skilled navigator can find the way through the rough seas. I would like to hear how you found yourselves here."

Tetra turned to Senza, the tall bearded helmsman of the crew. Despite his intimidating appearance, Senza was surprisingly good at storytelling, so at Tetra's command, he related the story of how Tetra's crew came to Keelhaul Key.

"Ah, that gentleman with the hook sounds familiar, eh?" Admiral Bobbery said. "Been sailing the Multiversial Sea, eh?"

"The Multiversial Sea?" Tetra asked.

"The Multiversial Sea is a fascinating place, truly fascinating. It's a sea connecting the oceans of hundreds, maybe even thousands of different worlds." Bobbery explained. "It sounds to me like you're not from this world, since every sailor in this world knows the legend of Cortez. My guess is you sailed into the Multiversial Sea while lost in the fog, and eventually found yourself here."

"But I've never even HEARD of such a thing!" Tetra objected. "And you've sailed this Multiversial Sea?"

"A few times, dear girl." Bobbery said. "I've even met that Captain Hook fellow. An incredible adventure, that one was. Old Hook and his crew were the least of our worries. If it weren't for the courage of some outstanding individuals, we'd all have ended up in Davy Jones' Locker."

Tetra sighed. "I'm sure your story is very fascinating, but what my crew and I need is a way back to our own world. After we claim our share of..."

Before she could say 'treasure', there was a bright flash of light and Tetra and Bobbery found themselves elsewhere.

--

Goombella, Bobbery's Goomba friend from the Thousand Year Door adventure, arrived on the scene to see the Toad Sailors, Pa Patch the eyepatched Bob-Omb sailor, and some strange human pirates staring at each other. "Where'd they go?" or some variation was uttered by most of the group.

"Like, did I totally miss something here? Where's Bobbery?" Goombella asked.

Even as she said this, she had a sinking feeling she knew the answer. I just hope I'm wrong and he's not in some really gnarly Traitor Game, she thought to herself.

OOC: Tetra and Bobbery's arrival and meeting with the others to come next.