Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "You can tell me how your magic works all you like, we really can't trust it coming from you alone. I can tell you I don't know anything about it, which is backed up by Goombella's information on me. As for what she has to say about you..."

He waited for her to finish, before crossing his arms. "Well, that's interesting. A brilliant tactician sounds like the last traitor we're looking for, don't you think? And it sounds like you could do just about anything with the right tools. I'll concede that you don't have weapons or books on you that we can see, but you certainly have the skill. Thank you, Goombella, for this information." He made an effort to speak her full name correctly, this time.

"It is rather odd that I've changed my views on Sonic so suddenly, isn't it? I'd think I was an idiot if I were you, honestly, but my attitude changed after it was revealed the latest agent guess was wrong. I suspected Sonic, so naturally I looked into him-- we know how that went, now. Besides, if you'd like me to go through every step we took as agents, I'm sure I could bore you with the details. All you need to know-- all any of you need to know-- is that I know each and every person standing here is innocent. That is, except Robin."

Then-- "But don't confuse my flippant behavior for lack of care." Kyle's calm broke now, moving past annoyance and into downright anger, the emotion plain on his face. "Over half of us are gone. I've examined every dead body you've placed in front of us, and felt righteous anger for each and everyone of them. I've seen many dead bodies, but you never lose that anger, that passion. Not ever." He took a step forward now, defiantly staring Robin down. "I don't know how you could have killed N and his pet. We don't really know what you're truly capable of. As far as I or the others are aware, you could have easily hidden a weapon with magic and are continuing to do so." A pause as Kyle considered this. "... Are you still suspecting me, or not? Who are you placing blame on, Robin? Tell us your vote."
    Robin shut his eyes as Kyle's words sprung forth. It seemed the man had certainly done his research, leaving no spot for error unless it was circumstantial. However, Robin wasn't going to become that nit-picky with the details. He knew when he had been beaten, and unlike a wounded animal, he would not strike out with impunity to escape. Kyle had beaten Robin by exploiting his laziness in the game and his love for Tharja. A worthy opponent indeed. I wonder, if he had been a tactician and we had met on the battlefield, would I have been this careless? I would like to say no, but... it seems my hubris is still my greatest flaw.

"A valiant showing, Mr. Kyle," He allowed his eyes to open to the cold tundra that surrounded them. A small smile played at the tips of his mouth, as if he was hiding satisfaction at the result of the game. Without warning, he placed a vote for himself before speaking, "Just so you know, neither Tharja or myself wanted to take part in this game, especially not as traitors. However, sometimes we are forced to do acts against our will. While Tharja does come off as abrasive and dark at times, she isn't like that at heart, when she is alone with me in our home. For myself... Well, I prefer not to gloat, but usually, I'm on the side that is righteous."

"However, you've all won and so that means I would like to say two last things before I'm executed," As his final words came forth, Robin allowed the smile to take over his visage, "Congratulations on beating this horrible system, and on behalf of myself and my wife, I apologize for being your enemies, forced or otherwise. I'm glad the right side won."

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    Robin shut his eyes as Kyle's words sprung forth. It seemed the man had certainly done his research, leaving no spot for error unless it was circumstantial. However, Robin wasn't going to become that nit-picky with the details. He knew when he had been beaten, and unlike a wounded animal, he would not strike out with impunity to escape. Kyle had beaten Robin by exploiting his laziness in the game and his love for Tharja. A worthy opponent indeed. I wonder, if he had been a tactician and we had met on the battlefield, would I have been this careless? I would like to say no, but... it seems my hubris is still my greatest flaw.

"A valiant showing, Mr. Kyle," He allowed his eyes to open to the cold tundra that surrounded them. A small smile played at the tips of his mouth, as if he was hiding satisfaction at the result of the game. Without warning, he placed a vote for himself before speaking, "Just so you know, neither Tharja or myself wanted to take part in this game, especially not as traitors. However, sometimes we are forced to do acts against our will. While Tharja does come off as abrasive and dark at times, she isn't like that at heart, when she is alone with me in our home. For myself... Well, I prefer not to gloat, but usually, I'm on the side that is righteous."

"However, you've all won and so that means I would like to say two last things before I'm executed," As his final words came forth, Robin allowed the smile to take over his visage, "Congratulations on beating this horrible system, and on behalf of myself and my wife, I apologize for being your enemies, forced or otherwise. I'm glad the right side won."
    Kyle could only stare for a moment, before releasing a great sigh from deep within him. All of the tension from the discussion flowed out of him like a sieve, and Kyle felt calm wash over him once again. He'd known he was right, of course, but the others could have easily sided against him, all things considered. He moved to take back his notebook and said, "... Thank you. It's a difficult to know when you've lost. I'm not very good at it either, to be honest." Rubbing at tired eyes, Kyle had one last thing to ask. "I can reasonably guess how the other kills were done, but N's... I can only assume you've done it with magic. I'd like to know how you did it. Don't spare me any details just because I don't understand your magic."

Kyle could only stare for a moment, before releasing a great sigh from deep within him. All of the tension from the discussion flowed out of him like a sieve, and Kyle felt calm wash over him once again. He'd known he was right, of course, but the others could have easily sided against him, all things considered. He moved to take back his notebook and said, "... Thank you. It's a difficult to know when you've lost. I'm not very good at it either, to be honest." Rubbing at tired eyes, Kyle had one last thing to ask. "I can reasonably guess how the other kills were done, but N's... I can only assume you've done it with magic. I'd like to know how you did it. Don't spare me any details just because I don't understand your magic."
    "Ah, of course. It's quite simple really. Well, for me at least," Robin softly chuckled as he stepped over to a patch of snow that seemed slightly different from the rest, as if placed by man rather than nature. With bare hands, he began shifting through the frozen water before retrieving two books. One of the manuscripts was a bright red with a fire etching into it, while the second, larger of the tomes held an iced blue to its cover while a glacier dominated the center of it. Placing them in a stack in his arms, the tactician made his way back to Kyle before holding the red tome out first.

"This is what I call a Fire Tome, the most basic of books regarding the element of fire. Easily found and created, it still proves versatile," switching the books out, he now held out the other one, "This one, on the other hand, is exceedingly rarer. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only one of its kind. Its name is Fimbulvetr and holds the abilities to command ice and whip up powerful ice storms. However, I used another feature of it to fire large, solid blocks of ice at N and Zoroark. After a few hits, they eventually died of internal bleeding if my guess is correct. To prevent you all from noticing the odd blocks of ice that remained, I melted them down before hiding the books."

"Now then, if that's all that is left, may I ask a favor?" Robin now held both books to Kyle, as if to hand them off, "Could you keep these for me, or at least Fimbulvetr? The journey to obtain it was long and hard, and perhaps you can discover the potential for magic and put it to use."

{Music: Either Hotel Dusk confession music, or 'Confess the Truth 2011' from the Ace Attorney series}

He waited for her to finish, before crossing his arms. "Well, that's interesting. A brilliant tactician sounds like the last traitor we're looking for, don't you think? And it sounds like you could do just about anything with the right tools. I'll concede that you don't have weapons or books on you that we can see, but you certainly have the skill. Thank you, Goombella, for this information." He made an effort to speak her full name correctly, this time.

"It is rather odd that I've changed my views on Sonic so suddenly, isn't it? I'd think I was an idiot if I were you, honestly, but my attitude changed after it was revealed the latest agent guess was wrong. I suspected Sonic, so naturally I looked into him-- we know how that went, now. Besides, if you'd like me to go through every step we took as agents, I'm sure I could bore you with the details. All you need to know-- all any of you need to know-- is that I know each and every person standing here is innocent. That is, except Robin."

Then-- "But don't confuse my flippant behavior for lack of care." Kyle's calm broke now, moving past annoyance and into downright anger, the emotion plain on his face. "Over half of us are gone. I've examined every dead body you've placed in front of us, and felt righteous anger for each and everyone of them. I've seen many dead bodies, but you never lose that anger, that passion. Not ever." He took a step forward now, defiantly staring Robin down. "I don't know how you could have killed N and his pet. We don't really know what you're truly capable of. As far as I or the others are aware, you could have easily hidden a weapon with magic and are continuing to do so." A pause as Kyle considered this. "... Are you still suspecting me, or not? Who are you placing blame on, Robin? Tell us your vote."
    OOC: I'd definitely hit the 'Like' button if there was one here. Awesome roleplaying here.

IC:

Goombella looked on silently, impressed by Kyle Hyde's determination. She watched carefully as the exchange continued.

Goombella listened to Robin's confession carefully. "Hmm, I don't know, but in most of the Traitor Games I've seen, the players being voted out are simply banished somewhere and not executed. Though they tend to end up in, like, the same places as the victims so it probably doesn't make all that much difference, y'know?"

She turned to Kyle Hyde. "Looks like you managed to solve another case. Now, all we need to do is find the Chaos Emerald that's supposed to be here somewhere."

"Ah, of course. It's quite simple really. Well, for me at least," Robin softly chuckled as he stepped over to a patch of snow that seemed slightly different from the rest, as if placed by man rather than nature. With bare hands, he began shifting through the frozen water before retrieving two books. One of the manuscripts was a bright red with a fire etching into it, while the second, larger of the tomes held an iced blue to its cover while a glacier dominated the center of it. Placing them in a stack in his arms, the tactician made his way back to Kyle before holding the red tome out first.

"This is what I call a Fire Tome, the most basic of books regarding the element of fire. Easily found and created, it still proves versatile," switching the books out, he now held out the other one, "This one, on the other hand, is exceedingly rarer. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only one of its kind. Its name is Fimbulvetr and holds the abilities to command ice and whip up powerful ice storms. However, I used another feature of it to fire large, solid blocks of ice at N and Zoroark. After a few hits, they eventually died of internal bleeding if my guess is correct. To prevent you all from noticing the odd blocks of ice that remained, I melted them down before hiding the books."

"Now then, if that's all that is left, may I ask a favor?" Robin now held both books to Kyle, as if to hand them off, "Could you keep these for me, or at least Fimbulvetr? The journey to obtain it was long and hard, and perhaps you can discover the potential for magic and put it to use."
    Confusing was an understatement, but Kyle jotted down this information in his notebook regardless. After this, who knew what kind of strange stuff he'd encounter in the future? "... Hidden in the snow. As simple as you can get. I might have considered that if I didn't have magic on the brain." At the request to hold Robin's tomes, Kyle wasn't sure what to make of it. Slowly, he closed the notebook, taking a moment to himself before stepping forward and taking both books from Robin. "If we meet again, I'll get these back to you. Don't count on me ever successfully using them, though."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Goombella listened to Robin's confession carefully. "Hmm, I don't know, but in most of the Traitor Games I've seen, the players being voted out are simply banished somewhere and not executed. Though they tend to end up in, like, the same places as the victims so it probably doesn't make all that much difference, y'know?"

She turned to Kyle Hyde. "Looks like you managed to solve another case. Now, all we need to do is find the Chaos Emerald that's supposed to be here somewhere."
    Turning to Goombella, Kyle nodded. He wasn't one to smile easily, but he couldn't help it in this case.

"The job never leaves you, believe me. I don't know what will happen to Robin once the vote is over, but let's find this gem." Kyle looked to the radar, ready to follow it wherever it led.

Confusing was an understatement, but Kyle jotted down this information in his notebook regardless. After this, who knew what kind of strange stuff he'd encounter in the future? "... Hidden in the snow. As simple as you can get. I might have considered that if I didn't have magic on the brain." At the request to hold Robin's tomes, Kyle wasn't sure what to make of it. Slowly, he closed the notebook, taking a moment to himself before stepping forward and taking both books from Robin. "If we meet again, I'll get these back to you. Don't count on me ever successfully using them, though."

Turning to Goombella, Kyle nodded. He wasn't one to smile easily, but he couldn't help it in this case.

"The job never leaves you, believe me. I don't know what will happen to Robin once the vote is over, but let's find this gem." Kyle looked to the radar, ready to follow it wherever it led.
    "Thank you, detective, and..." Robin fell silent as he thought over his next few words, "I hope that if we do meet again, it can be with my wife and as friends. All I ever wanted was to be with her, so if it is staying with her in the afterlife or coming back... Well, you know what I'm trying to say." Watching as the group began to leave the area, Robin sighed and sat down in the snow, "Go on ahead and find you gems. I'll simply stay behind and wait here in the snow. I don't want to get in your way."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Hyde View Post

"I was, like, feeling like I kinda failed you back there." Goombella admitted. "But it turns out what I had was enough info anyway. I'm totally happy everything worked out."

"Anyway, looks like one mystery is solved and now we can totally get on with that Emerald quest. Only trouble is, this place is totally unfamiliar to me. I get the feeling that if the weather gets bad, we might need some good solid gear. It doesn't have to be metal, but it has to be totally dependable, y'know?"

Goombella then looked at the radar, to see which direction they should head in.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 04-08-2015 at 11:51 PM.

"Do not worry Robin, no one here is going to execute you." Rosalina would assure him through the Luma, which would no float up to him and look the mage right in the eyes. "...I see." Saying nothing else the Luma would float off once again.

The radar meanwhile would indicate that the group should be heading towards the facility to find what they seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    "And who might you be? Have you been trying to follow our tracks?"
    "Hello sweetie! I am Thanatos! God of the Dead! And I have been trying to catch up with you...

'Cause I really need to get you to leave. If it wasn't obvious none of you belong here!"

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "Hello sweetie! I am Thanatos! God of the Dead! And I have been trying to catch up with you...
    'Cause I really need to get you to leave. If it wasn't obvious none of you belong here!"
    "Thanatos...said N. He hasn't heard of that Legendary Pokemon. Thanatos didn't look like a Hedgehog either. Perhaps he was similar to Giratina-another Avatar of Destruction. "Belong here? I assumed that we were dead, and that this were the afterlife. Where else would we go?

"Do not worry Robin, no one here is going to execute you." Rosalina would assure him through the Luma, which would no float up to him and look the mage right in the eyes. "...I see." Saying nothing else the Luma would float off once again.

The radar meanwhile would indicate that the group should be heading towards the facility to find what they seek.

"Excuse me, but we didn't exactly come here willingly." Bobbery said.

"If we're not supposed to be here, then what are we doing here?" Tetra demanded. "It doesn't make any sense for us to be here unless someone needed us to be here for some reason."

"Okay, Thanatos," Bayonetta said, "I think I speak for the lot of us when we say we would rather be elsewhere as well. But, how do you leave this place in which we do not belong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    "Okay, Thanatos," Bayonetta said, "I think I speak for the lot of us when we say we would rather be elsewhere as well. But, how do you leave this place in which we do not belong?"
    "Why...you take the exit of course! Just a bunch of silly billies." Thanatos replied as he floated around the group. "Well you were dead in a manner of speaking, but Bayonetta sure wasn't. Trust me I am the God of Death after all!"

At the indication that the object of their search was in the facility, Goombella breathed a sigh of relief. "I grew up in a warm place, so cold areas like this are totally new to me. Seeing your breath and then seeing your footprints disappear in snow is fun and all, but I'd like a nice warm building. Only problem is, that place might be occupied and I don't know if the people there will be welcoming visitors. But we'll see what it's like when we get there, y'know?"

As they continued heading toward the facility, Goombella pondered their trip. How many Chaos Emeralds were left to find? And with the Traitors all detected, what about the one who had hired them in the first place?

"Why...you take the exit of course! Just a bunch of silly billies." Thanatos replied as he floated around the group. "Well you were dead in a manner of speaking, but Bayonetta sure wasn't. Trust me I am the God of Death after all!"
    "The exit?" Tetra asked. "And where would THAT be?"

"This ... might be like that Underwhere place. If we're not really dead, then all we need to do is find an exit, and we'll be back in the realm of the living." Bobbery said. "Now, if this gentleman would kindly tell us where that exit was..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "I was, like, feeling like I kinda failed you back there." Goombella admitted. "But it turns out what I had was enough info anyway. I'm totally happy everything worked out."
    Kyle adamantly shook his head. "No. You helped us out a lot-- if anything, we placed a lot of pressure on you for that info. It was enough, and that's all that matters."

Once the radar accurately pointed them inside the facility, Kyle began making his way up the icy steps. He couldn't help but share Goombella's worries. "We've lost our strongest members during all this. If something dangerous lurks inside, well..." A sigh and a shrug. Kyle was honestly just feeling tired. "Run if you have to. Or stick by Mr. Tyson and I. We're the bigger targets, after all."

Kyle adamantly shook his head. "No. You helped us out a lot-- if anything, we placed a lot of pressure on you for that info. It was enough, and that's all that matters."

Once the radar accurately pointed them inside the facility, Kyle began making his way up the icy steps. He couldn't help but share Goombella's worries. "We've lost our strongest members during all this. If something dangerous lurks inside, well..." A sigh and a shrug. Kyle was honestly just feeling tired. "Run if you have to. Or stick by Mr. Tyson and I. We're the bigger targets, after all."
    Goombella nodded. "I know that sooner or later we're gonna have a boss battle. That's why I got all those supplies back in Toad Harbor. But I don't know if it's going to be here."

"Yeah, it's just us, Sonic, and Mike Tyson. We haven't heard from that Killer7 Garcian in a while." Goombella said.

"I suppose if the people in the facility don't want us looking around and we don't want a fight, we can always, like, hide under a box or something and see if we can get what we want that way."