Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goombella View Post
    "Yeah, I know we're, like, here on business and all, but I always describe the places we're at on a quest. It's kinda what I do." Goombella replied. "I especially needed to do that now, of all times. It's how I deal with things, y'know? Just keep on doing my part."

"By the way, I think I've done tattles on all the players except Robin and Lucinda, and two of the inactive players. Those inactives would be Zero and Captain Fabulous, by the way. I don't think they even made it as far as the introduction."
    Quite soon they would find themselves in the market place where the Toads were selling their wears to anyone who wanted to buy something. As the group was walking around Rosalina would speak up. "My agents have guessed incorrectly once again...but I am certain the path has become a bit clearer for them. Hold on...I am sure you will get the final traitor soon enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra & Bobbery View Post
    Tetra nodded. "Good. Stay close to us. I'm sure Bayonetta can take care of herself, based on what we've been told about her, but the rest of us are not one-woman armies. I'm a good fighter, but I do need backup sometimes. That's why I usually sail with a crew."

"So far, it looks like this place is deserted." Bobbery said. "But we still better be cautious."
    Suddenly however they'd hear a howl.

Crashing through the stands was a ferocious beast with two heads. It did not look friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra & Bobbery View Post
    Tetra nodded. "Good. Stay close to us. I'm sure Bayonetta can take care of herself, based on what we've been told about her, but the rest of us are not one-woman armies. I'm a good fighter, but I do need backup sometimes. That's why I usually sail with a crew."

"So far, it looks like this place is deserted." Bobbery said. "But we still better be cautious."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Suddenly however they'd hear a howl.

Crashing through the stands was a ferocious beast with two heads. It did not look friendly.
    Lucina instantly placed herself between the beast and her companions, brandishing her Falchion Sword. Invoking her Aether, she struck off one head, leaped back, then attacked again, striking off the other.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

"Nice to know you have other talents" Bayonetta remarked as the two headed beast was beheaded.

Crashing through the stands was a ferocious beast with two heads. It did not look friendly.[/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Lucina instantly placed herself between the beast and her companions, brandishing her Falchion Sword. Invoking her Aether, she struck off one head, leaped back, then attacked again, striking off the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    "Nice to know you have other talents" Bayonetta remarked as the two headed beast was beheaded.
    "I'm surprised YOU weren't the one to do it." Tetra said, addressing Bayonetta. "Given what Bobbery's friend said about how powerful you are, you can probably dispatch beasts like that in your sleep."

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    "I'm surprised YOU weren't the one to do it." Tetra said, addressing Bayonetta. "Given what Bobbery's friend said about how powerful you are, you can probably dispatch beasts like that in your sleep."
    "The friend of... your friend, speaks the truth," Bayonetta replied, "that Lucina character just beat me to it."

"As if she had something to prove, if I'm not mistaken."

Quite soon they would find themselves in the market place where the Toads were selling their wears to anyone who wanted to buy something. As the group was walking around Rosalina would speak up. "My agents have guessed incorrectly once again...but I am certain the path has become a bit clearer for them. Hold on...I am sure you will get the final traitor soon enough."
    Goombella chatted for a while with a few of the Toads, including one of the shopkeepers. "Yeah, your cousin is totally doing okay over on Keelhaul Key. I'll tell Thriff T. you said hello next time I'm in the neighborhood, okay?"

After purchasing some more Fire Flowers, healing Mushrooms, and Dizzy Dials, Goombella then turned back to the players. "Okay, we're getting closer to the thing the radar is pointing at. I think we'd better finish any purchases and get moving, y'know?"

---
    Elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    "The friend of... your friend, speaks the truth," Bayonetta replied, "that Lucina character just beat me to it."

"As if she had something to prove, if I'm not mistaken."
    "Perhaps she did." Tetra said. "I'm sure she'll explain herself if she feels like it. But it's good to have her as an ally."

Bobbery chimed in. "Bayonetta, you're probably the most powerful of us all but even you can't be everywhere at once. So it's good that we've got plenty of people who know how to handle fights with nasty creatures, I'd say."

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra and Bobbery View Post
    "Perhaps she did." Tetra said. "I'm sure she'll explain herself if she feels like it. But it's good to have her as an ally."

Bobbery chimed in. "Bayonetta, you're probably the most powerful of us all but even you can't be everywhere at once. So it's good that we've got plenty of people who know how to handle fights with nasty creatures, I'd say."
    "I'm sure she will," Bayonetta said, "or she won't." She laughed at what she said. In her mind she was awaiting an apology that came from what she knew to be decent beings, but it was well past the expectation time now.

"Let us just focus on what is ahead of us, and carry on, shall we?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina View Post
    If only it had been that simple. The swords would hit and send sparks flying but both heads were still very much attached to their bodies. Letting out a howl both heads would shoot out a ball of fire from both its mouths. One aimed at Lucina and one towards the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Anyone who isn't eliminated or inactive could be a Traitor. But you've totally got more to work with now than you did when this started." Goombella said. "You've got the previous rounds' votes and the methods and everyone's behavior to think about."

"Aside from doing a tattle on Robin, I think I've helped you with the actual Traitor-finding as much as I can. I'm not an official player, I'm here to give out information and help with the quest for the Chaos Emeralds."
    "I agree. Don't worry, I think I know where to look."

Standing amidst the market, Kyle looked upon the strange townspeople. They were going about their business, entirely oblivious to the mission laid out before the group. Kyle wished he could say he envied them, but he had to admit that this business of finding traitors had gotten his detective blood boiling, even after all this time. Anyone could leave the job, but it never really left you. "It's likely the second traitor tried to distance themselves from Tharja, likely in case she was discovered. It's clever, but I think we can reasonably see through it. I can't imagine a traitor doesn't benefit from being completely silent, after all. Even a few words said here and there are enough to sway a group, so it's likely they took some form of action. We should be looking at who among us voted only a single time, that person being the, uh... blue talking hedgehog." Crossing his arms, Kyle turned to the hedgehog in question.

"Sonic, right? Look, the nail in the coffin lies entirely with the last vote. The only person to not vote for the mage was Sonic. If he'd voted for her, I might be more unsure, but it's a glaring oversight on his part. If you want more reasoning, we could talk about his apparently great speed allowing him to possibly administer poison without us realizing, or him being able to jump high enough to reach a floating balloon."

If only it had been that simple. The swords would hit and send sparks flying but both heads were still very much attached to their bodies. Letting out a howl both heads would shoot out a ball of fire from both its mouths. One aimed at Lucina and one towards the others.
    Tetra and Bobbery attempted to leap for cover. It was all they could do to defend themselves from the fireball. Had Vivian from the Shadow Sirens or Lady Bow the Boo been with them, they could have used their special abilities to shield everyone from the fireballs. But since those other companions were not here, Tetra and Bobbery had to resort to ordinary defensive maneuvers, hoping Bayonetta and Lucinda could further shield them from the worst.

Then, later, Bobbery could attack with his Bombolast attack, a powerful explosive attack that could damage multiple opponents. From previous experience, Bobbery knew that a creature with multiple heads counted as multiple opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "I agree. Don't worry, I think I know where to look."

Standing amidst the market, Kyle looked upon the strange townspeople. They were going about their business, entirely oblivious to the mission laid out before the group. Kyle wished he could say he envied them, but he had to admit that this business of finding traitors had gotten his detective blood boiling, even after all this time. Anyone could leave the job, but it never really left you. "It's likely the second traitor tried to distance themselves from Tharja, likely in case she was discovered. It's clever, but I think we can reasonably see through it. I can't imagine a traitor doesn't benefit from being completely silent, after all. Even a few words said here and there are enough to sway a group, so it's likely they took some form of action. We should be looking at who among us voted only a single time, that person being the, uh... blue talking hedgehog." Crossing his arms, Kyle turned to the hedgehog in question.

"Sonic, right? Look, the nail in the coffin lies entirely with the last vote. The only person to not vote for the mage was Sonic. If he'd voted for her, I might be more unsure, but it's a glaring oversight on his part. If you want more reasoning, we could talk about his apparently great speed allowing him to possibly administer poison without us realizing, or him being able to jump high enough to reach a floating balloon."
    Robin had remained quiet most of the case, still in shock over his wife's death. The fact that she had also been the traitor... He would prefer not ponder that fact for too long. It was never healthy to be paranoid over your wife trying to murder you. With a shake of his head, Robin cleared his mind and focused on Kyle's argument. It made sense in a way, though Robin also knew that he himself hadn't laid a vote on Tharja. However, it was the best thing they had to go on, "Mister Kyle, I believe I'll cast my lot with you." Just like that, he cast a vote for Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra and Bobbery View Post
    Tetra and Bobbery attempted to leap for cover. It was all they could do to defend themselves from the fireball. Had Vivian from the Shadow Sirens or Lady Bow the Boo been with them, they could have used their special abilities to shield everyone from the fireballs. But since those other companions were not here, Tetra and Bobbery had to resort to ordinary defensive maneuvers, hoping Bayonetta and Lucinda could further shield them from the worst.

Then, later, Bobbery could attack with his Bombolast attack, a powerful explosive attack that could damage multiple opponents. From previous experience, Bobbery knew that a creature with multiple heads counted as multiple opponents.
    Bayonetta saw the fireball fast approaching. To an Umbran witch, it was moving at a... reasonably pace.

"Allow me to break up this little campfire", she said, as she quickly pulled one of her Love is Blue set of guns, and fired several rounds to dissolve the fireball harmlessly.

Her defensive reaction would free Bobbery to attack.

"Actually, now that I think about it..." Robin tilted his head to the side for a moment, remembering that there were others who hadn't voted in a while, "What about that robot Zero or Captain Fabulous? They haven't voted in a little while, have they?" Honestly, the tactician had no clue who to vote for anymore. Perhaps he should just stick Kyle's vote after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    "Actually, now that I think about it..." Robin tilted his head to the side for a moment, remembering that there were others who hadn't voted in a while, "What about that robot Zero or Captain Fabulous? They haven't voted in a little while, have they?" Honestly, the tactician had no clue who to vote for anymore. Perhaps he should just stick Kyle's vote after all.
    "It doesn't seem reasonable to me that a traitor would refuse to make any action at all." He seemed confident in his answer, but Kyle looked off to the side after a moment. "... But that may be the idea. Even if Sonic could have popped the balloon, Zero is one of the few of us who possesses a blade."

Pulling out his notebook, Kyle checked his notes on the three silent characters one last time. "Okay, here's the deal. I trust you, Robin, unlike your wife. To me, that leaves Sonic, Zero, Fabulous, and the dolphin. As the dolphin could not have possibly committed either murder and Tharja was likely the one to curse Lucina, Zero seems the most suspicious when you look at the physical evidence... If you think I'm wrong on Sonic, I'll change my vote, as it really could go either way at this point."
    Last edited by Atomyk; 04-05-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "It doesn't seem reasonable to me that a traitor would refuse to make any action at all." He seemed confident in his answer, but Kyle looked off to the side after a moment. "... But that may be the idea. Even if Sonic could pop the balloon, Zero is one of the few of us who possesses a blade."

Pulling out his notebook, Kyle checked his notes on the three silent characters one last time. "Okay, here's the deal. I trust you, Robin, unlike your wife. To me, that leaves Sonic, Zero, Fabulous, and the dolphin. As the dolphin could not have possibly committed either murder and Tharja was likely the one to curse Lucina, Zero seems the most suspicious when you look at the physical evidence... If you think I'm wrong on Sonic, I'll change my vote, as it really could go either way at this point."
    Robin nodded along with Kyle, though there was a small frown on his face, "First off, let's not discuss my... wife at the moment. I would prefer not to think of her right now. Secondly... I think I'll go with Zero then," with a quick click, Robin's vote had changed to Zero.