Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    As he talked the Toad would start showing off his wares. "Sorry pal! It's melon season. These are directly flown from Yoshi's Island. We got your green ones, blue ones and red ones! I don't need to tell ya how good Yoshi's Island melons are. They're dinotastic!"
    "Dino--" Kyle couldn't help it this time as he made a vexed noise. "Okay, whatever. Just show us these melons, then. All the colors, if you please." If they had to deal with more of these weird shopkeepers, Kyle figured he'd have to just let Goombella take care of this soon enough.

Note to self, don't eat the fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    "Dino--" Kyle couldn't help it this time as he made a vexed noise. "Okay, whatever. Just show us these melons, then. All the colors, if you please." If they had to deal with more of these weird shopkeepers, Kyle figured he'd have to just let Goombella take care of this soon enough.

Note to self, don't eat the fruit.
    "SURE!" The Toad would pull down a curtain to reveal a real pile of melons in different shapes and sizes. With the pile revealed the radar would start beeping like crazy again indicating the gem was some place nearby.

As he talked the Toad would start showing off his wares. "Sorry pal! It's melon season. These are directly flown from Yoshi's Island. We got your green ones, blue ones and red ones! I don't need to tell ya how good Yoshi's Island melons are. They're dinotastic!"
    "Dino... tastic?" Robin couldn't help but shake his head with a sigh. It seemed this person was all for strange hyperboles, "Either way, Sir, I think we'll just take one of each. We're quite famished, so it would be nice to sate our hunger while also taking in the local crusine." Watermelons weren't quite Robin's first choice of fruit, much less sustenance. If only there was a bear to hunt, the meat would make a fine meal.

Already, his mouth watered at the thought of succulent and deadly food.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    "Dino... tastic?" Robin couldn't help but shake his head with a sigh. It seemed this person was all for strange hyperboles, "Either way, Sir, I think we'll just take one of each. We're quite famished, so it would be nice to sate our hunger while also taking in the local crusine." Watermelons weren't quite Robin's first choice of fruit, much less sustenance. If only there was a bear to hunt, the meat would make a fine meal.

"You got the coin? One melon's gonna be 5 coins."

Quote Originally Posted by Toad Melon Vendor View Post
    "SURE!" The Toad would pull down a curtain to reveal a real pile of melons in different shapes and sizes. With the pile revealed the radar would start beeping like crazy again indicating the gem was some place nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post

"You got the coin? One melon's gonna be 5 coins."
    "Guys!" Goombella called out. "I know where the gem is!"

"It's, like, hidden in these melons! The radar's going totally crazy right now so it's GOT to be here! Only problem is, we're gonna have to buy every melon in this place in order to find it. And how many melons are here, anyway?"

Quote Originally Posted by Goombella View Post
    "Guys!" Goombella called out. "I know where the gem is!"

"It's, like, hidden in these melons! The radar's going totally crazy right now so it's GOT to be here! Only problem is, we're gonna have to buy every melon in this place in order to find it. And how many melons are here, anyway?"
    "A hundred. If ya got da coin, de melon's are yours!"

OOC: Update to come tomorrow morning. So anyone who haven't voted please do so.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Dino...tastic? I have no idea what that means, but I assume it's a good thing.... So the Emerald is being sold as a Water-Melon. Hmmm... N put his hands into his pockets. He took out a Great Ball, a Puzzle which looked a bit like a Rubik's cube, and put them on the table. I must have some coins somewhere.... but even then, I assume my currency wouldn't work in this strange place... N continued to empty his pockets, putting more objects onto the shop counter.

"A hundred. If ya got da coin, de melon's are yours!"

OOC: Update to come tomorrow morning. So anyone who haven't voted please do so.
    "Hmm..." Goombella said. "I spent a lot of coins on Fire Flowers and other offensive items, healing mushrooms, and all sorts of other supplies cause I totally know we're gonna have some sort of boss battle sooner or later. I think I only have, like, 160 coins left. The other 340 is gonna have to come from the rest of the group. He said it's 5 coins each, and 5 times a hundred is ... 500, I think."

Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    Dino...tastic? I have no idea what that means, but I assume it's a good thing.... So the Emerald is being sold as a Water-Melon. Hmmm... N put his hands into his pockets. He took out a Great Ball, a Puzzle which looked a bit like a Rubik's cube, and put them on the table. I must have some coins somewhere.... but even then, I assume my currency wouldn't work in this strange place... N continued to empty his pockets, putting more objects onto the shop counter.
    "Some of these shops also buy items, y'know?" Goombella said. "Of course that's up to the vendor, and he's the guy who's gonna tell you just how much those items are worth. But it's worth a try. We need at least 340 more coins to buy all the melons, and maybe you can get that much if those things are worth a lot. Of course, if we smashed those melons we'd totally have to pay for them anyway. You break it, you buy it."
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 04-07-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Did the math, and corrected the amount of money Goombella and the players need to buy what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Hmm..." Goombella said. "I spent a lot of coins on Fire Flowers and other offensive items, healing mushrooms, and all sorts of other supplies cause I totally know we're gonna have some sort of boss battle sooner or later. I think I only have, like, 160 coins left. The other 340 is gonna have to come from the rest of the group. He said it's 5 coins each, and 5 times a hundred is ... 500, I think."

"Some of these shops also buy items, y'know?" Goombella said. "Of course that's up to the vendor, and he's the guy who's gonna tell you just how much those items are worth. But it's worth a try. We need at least 340 more coins to buy all the melons, and maybe you can get that much if those things are worth a lot. Of course, if we smashed those melons we'd totally have to pay for them anyway. You break it, you buy it."
    "Couldn't we simply sort the pile out? It would save us coins, and we can earn the gem by sorting the seller's wares for him," Robin suggested with a thoughtful look to his gaze. It was a simple problem to solve, and wouldn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    "Couldn't we simply sort the pile out? It would save us coins, and we can earn the gem by sorting the seller's wares for him," Robin suggested with a thoughtful look to his gaze. It was a simple problem to solve, and wouldn't take long.
    Goombella nodded, as best as a Goomba could nod. "Nice idea, but it's up to the vendor, y'know? Those are his melons until he sells them, after all."

"Still, this could really save us all some money, so let's ask him."

She then turned to the vendor. "So it is totally okay with you? That we can sort the pile and find the one we want after we sort it?"

As they could continue on they'd hear a low hissing sound echoing around them. Was there something else ready to attack them?
    "Offhand, I'd say that sounds like either snakes or some very angry cats," said Lucina, drawing her sword. "I wonder if there are hellcats here."
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Offhand, I'd say that sounds like either snakes or some very angry cats," said Lucina, drawing her sword. "I wonder if there are hellcats here."
    "I would prefer heavencats, myself." Bobbery said. "But those would be friendly to us, and wouldn't hiss. No, my dear girl, I think we're probably likely to run into something more reptilian or serpent-like. Perhaps a hydra."

"A hydra?" Tetra asked. "As in the legends? You mean another monster with multiple heads? I hope not. Most multiple-headed creatures are finished when you take out all their heads. But not the hydra. You have to use fire to keep its heads from growing back."

Bobbery paused. "We won't really know until we see it. Then we'll know what approach to use."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina View Post
    Lucina raised her eyebrows. "Do your glasses then have magical properties--beyond improving your eyesight?"
    "Nothing special about the glasses, dear," Bayonetta replied, "though I believe it's quite possible to enhance them. I can't quite remember how to do that, however. It's been a long time since I last tried doing that."

As they could continue on they'd hear a low hissing sound echoing around them. Was there something else ready to attack them?

"Stay alert," she said to everyone else. "Be ready" she added as they all seem to look around at what was making the noises.

After some haggling and reasoning the group would finally get their hands on the melon that caused the radar to spike. Breaking it open they'd find a red emerald inside. "Great work. Five to go. And it appears you have voted for Zero...it seems however that he is not the final traitor. Our numbers are dwindling fast. Let's do our best to catch the final traitor, okay?" The warp pipe would emerge once again and let them travel to a new world.

A short while later they'd find themselves some place new...and cold.

In front of them they'd find what seemed to be an abandoned facility of some sort.

Suddenly they realized that N wasn't standing with them. Turning towards the pipe they'd find the lifeless bodies of N and Zoroark laying on the ground. "Oh no...He was one of my agents." If the group looked around further they would also have noticed that Captain Fabulous and Ecco the Dolphin were nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile among the dead they'd find N materializing into their midst and then they'd hear laughter.

"OOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!" A small snake would emerge from a pile of rocks. "Whew! Finally found you silly gooses!" With a puff of smoke the snake would change shape.

"You know how much work you guys put me through? The nerve of some people, really!"

Cast list:

Atomyk - Kyle Hyde
    Conrad Norwood - Robin
    Wedge Antilles - Mike Tyson
    Froggy - Sonic the Hedgehog
    Yun Lao - Killer7

Banished/Killed:

Tingle - Balloon popped and stabbed (first kill NPC)
    Bayonetta - Voted out (Innocent)
    Lucina - Chasing ghosts (killed)
    Tharja - Voted out (Traitor)
    Tetra & Admiral Bobbery - Struck by lightning (no role)
    Captain Fabulous - Disappeared (Inactive)
    Ecco the Dolphin - Disappeared (Inactive)
    Zero - Voted out (No role)
    N and Zoroark - Bruised (Killed, Agent)

OOC: Traitor send me your kill and agent send me your guess! Will probably update on Monday!
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-08-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Meanwhile among the dead they'd find N materializing into their midst and then they'd hear laughter.

"OOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!" A small snake would emerge from a pile of rocks. "Whew! Finally found you silly gooses!" With a puff of smoke the snake would change shape.

"You know how much work you guys put me through? The nerve of some people, really!"
    "Hello there," Bayonetta said to the round looking being.

"And who might you be? Have you been trying to follow our tracks?"