Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

While the others began their assault, Kevin Smith exploded into a fine mist of blood, leaving no trace of his body. This mist gathered itself and coalesced into another being, this one resembling an elderly man in a wheelchair. This man, although seemingly frail was the leader of the Smith Syndicate and the master of the other personas.

It was Harman Smith.

Unlike the other personas, there didn't seem to be much the old man could do against a towering beast like Kraid, yet he wheeled himself closer to the battle, the wheels of his wheelchair squeaking with each turn. Slowly and methodically he approached, only to come to a stop a few five feet from his original location.

"I think it's time to finish this little game."

Reaching behind him, Harman took hold of the large anti-tank rifle that accompanied him and took aim at the massive beast. For one such as he, who possessed the destructive powers of the God Hand, he couldn't help but be a little excited to see how it would fare against a creature that was not of his world. Pulling the trigger, he sent the first shot into Kraid's center mass.

Bayonetta looked at the large dragon. She was no stranger to taking on creatures far larger than herself, so she went to work.

"Not angelic, but it should prove to be a rather interesting challenge", she said. She then took to the air, and let her Love is Blue arsenal do its thing.

And she would try to draw the dragon's attention, enabling others to try to inflict damage of their own.

"Let's dance, boys and girls!", she yelled, urging on the others to take on the dragon while its attention was focused on the Umbra Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    OOC: You're probably not aware about who Kraid is, but calling attacks and dispatching him in two sword slices is a bit too much, quite frankly. You might have missed when I mentioned that he's about 43 feet tall.
    OOC: I did notice that Kraid was 43 feet tall. That's why Lucina cut his legs, not his throat.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

"FOOLS! Kraid will feast on your entrails."[/CENTER]

"...Remind me why we teamed up with him again?"

"Uuuuh, because he's a gigantic lizard thing?"

"Good point." Eggman would punch something into his wrist controller when suddenly a large number of Eggman robots would emerge from portals all around the players. "Diplomacy has failed, so let us try some brute force. GET THEM MINIONS!"

"Kraid is no one's minion!"

"Waaaugh! I thought we were partners?"

"*Sigh* fine. MINIONS, and also Kraid and Waluigi, ATTACK!"

OOC: So there you go. Your final battle is against Eggman and his minions, Waluigi and Kraid. For reference sake Kraid is around 43 feet tall.
    Goombella wasted little time. She broke out her book and did the tattle on Kraid.

"That's Kraid. He's this totally HUGE giant lizard monster."

"He can shoot fireballs and create all sorts of destructive quakes that can cause rocks and stuff to fly at you, so look out! Also look out for those giant claws of his."

"His tough scaly skin reduces damage from attacks, but he does have a few weak spots. Making him swallow explosives can, like, give him indigestion. You might also want to confuse his sight and his sense of smell."

"HP is ???. FP is ???. But I kinda expected that seeing as how he doesn't usually show up in the kinda places I usually appear."

"I don't know how he formed an alliance with Waluigi and Eggman, but we gotta take him down fast."

Tetra grumbled. "Sounds like this sort of beast is impervious to normal steel. We need cannons and explosives to face off against him."

Bobbery nodded. "I have just the thing. The mini-bomb squad." With that, he produced four miniature fuse bombs and tossed them at Kraig.

Goombella, meanwhile, used the Fire Flower to shoot fire at Kraid's mouth.

Tetra, meanwhile, fought against Eggman's robot minions, swinging at them with her sword, and doing some energetic leaps and bounds. She managed to trick a few into damaging each other.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    Kyle could only stare at the pair standing before them. The people who threatened the universe and forced Robin and Tharja to murder them... were this bumbling pair. Kyle had to exchange a look with everyone just to make sure he was seeing the same thing they were seeing. "And I thought I was confused before."

As Goombella to attack, Kyle backed up, finding himself eventually next to N. Kyle wouldn't be much use in a fight, but there was something he felt needed to be said. "I'm sorry I let you down."
    "It wasn't your fault Hyde. I was the one who suggested we trust Robin."said N. He pulled down his hat. There was clearly no reasoning with Eggman and his 'minions'. He looked at his three opponents and smiled."You wish us to battle? Then let's battle, and know that we shall test the depth of your determination!"Zoroark leapt towards N. "Zoroark, use Night Slash on Kraid! Zoroark growled and leapt towards the giant lizard. Three sharp, claw like constructs came out of Zoroark's claws, as he savagely struck his far larger opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    OOC: I did notice that Kraid was 43 feet tall. That's why Lucina cut his legs, not his throat.
    OOC: Okay, real talk. Let me put this as a player and fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening, the game that Lucina, Robin, and Tharja are all from. Lucina wouldn't be able to do that. Even with the bonus damage when attacking dragons (which is Kraid isn't, he's a reptile of some kind), the Falchion wouldn't be able to give Lucina the power or speed to kill Kraid in one hit unless you have reclassed her several times over. Even if you paired her up with her lover for the pair-up boosts, it wouldn't be enough.

Now then, let me put this as an RPer; You don't just kill a character off in one post. You didn't give Jeremi the chance to respond at all, assuming that Lucina would be able to kill Kraid in one stroke. Not counting the reasons I gave above for why that's BS, here's another. It's rude to simply kill off someone's character without giving them a fair fight. Kraid had enough of a fighting chance that he could have countered. When playing a combat-oriented character and making an attack with them, do not assume your character will always hit when you say so. Leave room for a few of hits to be misses, and you'll avoid having curb-stomp battles where a pipsqueak like Lucina can simply kill a giant like Kraid.

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm just laying down the fact that what you wrote wouldn't happen, both from a look at Lucina's stats most of the game and from a look at common RPer courtesy. This isn't meant to be mean-spirited, this isn't meant to make you upset. I'm just trying to help you understand where you went wrong with this scenario.

The sword would leave what amounted to a nasty paper cut on his leg as Kraid laughed at the sheer audacity of this women. "HAHAHA! What did you assume a needle like that would do to me?" He'd use his tail to swat her casually to the side as he roared. "I will crush you all under my might!"

OOC: You're probably not aware about who Kraid is, but calling attacks and dispatching him in two sword slices is a bit too much, quite frankly. You might have missed when I mentioned that he's about 43 feet tall.
    OOC: Didn't Super Metroid also have a mini-Kraid who was easier to defeat? Of course he was in the room right before the boss room with the main Kraid.

IC:

Goombella, after shooting a few Fire Flower fireballs at Kraid, also readied a Zess Dynamite. Zess Dynamite was a powerful explosive created by the cook Zess T., made by mixing an Egg Bomb with a Coconut Bomb. She tossed it in the direction of Kraid, not knowing how much damage it would do.

Bobbery quickly followed up with another explosive attack with his mini Bomb-Squad.

Tetra, meanwhile, doubted any of her weapons would be very effective against Kraid. So she concentrated her attention on Dr. Eggman's robotic minions. She swung at them with her cutlass, knocking several over, and even managing to sever one robot's arm. Sparks flew all over the place.

However, there were still plenty of robots to go. Tetra signaled to Bobbery to help take some time out from Kraid to provide some occasional backup with the robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    "Let's dance, boys and girls!", she yelled, urging on the others to take on the dragon while its attention was focused on the Umbra Witch.
    Most of the attacks done by the group seem to do very little to the gigantic space pirate leader. The shot from Smith would have created a bit of a wound but otherwise he seemed to still be in fighting shape. Then Bayonetta would appear and taunt him. "I sense power in you woman! I will swallow you whole!" He roared sending a flesh like missile from his abdomen towards Bayonetta.

Meanwhile Dr Eggman's Badniks would continue the assault on the rest of the group.

Motor Bugs, Crab bots and Bee bots oh my!

Up in the sky Eggman would be flying around and laughing. "Hahahaha you're wasting your time! We have the superior fire power! Sooner or later we'll have the upper hand!"

"Hehehe, that's right!" Waluigi exclaimed firing pot shots at anyone dumb enough to come close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    OOC: Okay, real talk. Let me put this as a player and fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening, the game that Lucina, Robin, and Tharja are all from. Lucina wouldn't be able to do that. Even with the bonus damage when attacking dragons (which is Kraid isn't, he's a reptile of some kind), the Falchion wouldn't be able to give Lucina the power or speed to kill Kraid in one hit unless you have reclassed her several times over. Even if you paired her up with her lover for the pair-up boosts, it wouldn't be enough.

Now then, let me put this as an RPer; You don't just kill a character off in one post. You didn't give Jeremi the chance to respond at all, assuming that Lucina would be able to kill Kraid in one stroke. Not counting the reasons I gave above for why that's BS, here's another. It's rude to simply kill off someone's character without giving them a fair fight. Kraid had enough of a fighting chance that he could have countered. When playing a combat-oriented character and making an attack with them, do not assume your character will always hit when you say so. Leave room for a few of hits to be misses, and you'll avoid having curb-stomp battles where a pipsqueak like Lucina can simply kill a giant like Kraid.

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm just laying down the fact that what you wrote wouldn't happen, both from a look at Lucina's stats most of the game and from a look at common RPer courtesy. This isn't meant to be mean-spirited, this isn't meant to make you upset. I'm just trying to help you understand where you went wrong with this scenario.
    OOC: If I've offended anyone, I apologize. I knew nothing about Nintendo before this game; its stats and other minutiae only confuse me. I was playing Lucina as a person, not a character in a game; and I wasn't thinking of Kraid as anyone's character, since he wasn't listed at the start of the game. He seemed more like adiabolus ex machina--a Bad Guy who can arbitrarily do whatever he pleases for whatever reason. Would it have been more acceptable if I'd simply had Lucina take a swipe at his legs?
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-14-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Most of the attacks done by the group seem to do very little to the gigantic space pirate leader. The shot from Smith would have created a bit of a wound but otherwise he seemed to still be in fighting shape. Then Bayonetta would appear and taunt him. "I sense power in you woman! I will swallow you whole!" He roared sending a flesh like missile from his abdomen towards Bayonetta.
    "You have an eye for talent, I must say", Bayonetta said, as the dragon fired something at her. In the air, she kept track of it.

She managed to elude it, as the Umbra Witch was focused on the dragon and was quick in her movements, dodging the projectile. Then, she readied her own response to the dragon.

"Looks like the witch is facing the monster." Tetra noted. "Let us concentrate on the others, then."

Tetra continued swinging her cutlass at the robots, trying to damage some of the flying Bee Bots.

Bobbery, meanwhile, approached several of the Bee Bots and Crab bots, and let loose with a powerful Bombolast. This explosive attack, designed to damage multiple opponents, would hopefully reduce the number of active robotic attackers.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Looks like the witch is facing the monster." Tetra noted. "Let us concentrate on the others, then."
    N nodded."This should keep them back. Zoroark, use Snarl!" Zoroark darted forward. It made a high-pitch howl as vortex of energy, decorated with what appeared to be musical notes headed towards Waluigi, and some of the Motor Bugs.

The Fuse bombs seemed to not do much of a dent on the body of Kraid. "My hide is impervious to your puny bombs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    She managed to elude it, as the Umbra Witch was focused on the dragon and was quick in her movements, dodging the projectile. Then, she readied her own response to the dragon.
    Kraid would roar and send out a bunch of sickle like claw projectiles from his hands towards Bayonetta in an attempt to take her down before she attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    N nodded."This should keep them back. Zoroark, use Snarl!" Zoroark darted forward. It made a high-pitch howl as vortex of energy, decorated with what appeared to be musical notes headed towards Waluigi, and some of the Motor Bugs.
    The Motor Bugs would shake and break down while Waluigi would clutch his ears in pain. "Whyyyyyyyyyy!"

Eggman from up above would look at the fight going on. "Well...at least Kraid is still in the fight."
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-14-2015 at 05:30 AM.

In the air, Bayonetta dodged the dragon's attacks, and went in close to deliver some punishment!

"Too late!" she said as she eluded its mouth, and went in close to use her physical strength to wear down the dragon.

The Motor Bugs would shake and break down while Waluigi would clutch his ears in pain. "Whyyyyyyyyyy!"
    "You're going down!" Mike Tyson went into Heavyweight Title fight mode, unleashing a flurry of body blows and uppercuts while Waluigi was distracted by the noise.