Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smd42 View Post
    OMD needs no justification. And that (picture) is what being a married couple with a child is all about. The most irresponsible thing Peter could do as a father would be to still be Spider-Man. As an avid collector of the book for 34-35 years, the most fun I've had since Sterns run in the 80s has been everything after OMD, with honorable mention to the McFarlane era. I rest easy knowing Marvel wont change this current trend anytime soon.
    Hey, I'm glad you like it.

I'm not gonna hate on post-OMD just because I couldn't get into it.
    All I know is that I had an irrational reaction to OMD that soured 616 Spidey comics for me.
    I haven't bought a single issue since and that pains me. Spidey is the reason I love comics.

Hopefully, this can change that, if the writing is up to task.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

anyone else feel there's a panel there in the middle of the MJ/Peter photo album and the dinner table that's missing

probably some spoiler stuff they edited out in the early previews

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    So, if I'm subscribed to ASM, will I get RYV?
    You should, since Renew Your Vows is, for all intents and purposes, the continuation of ASM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Would it be irresponsible to be Spider-Man after 13 years of being Spidey if his enemies now threaten the lives of his family, or demand Spidey return to fight them at the expense of the city, and his goal is to put them away once and for all? Should he just constantly run and hide and refuse to use his powers to fight? Or should he take action to protect his family from the villians that won't let him be, or continuously threaten the city demanding Spidey resurfaces so that they can get their revenge?

Also, to me these are the most meaningful and exciting images I've seen in years and I can't wait to see this and would be all over it if it became the new status quo. So to each their own.
    Most villains except Norm and maybe Kraven do not care who is Spider-Man Pete or Miles? What would be important is 1: Pete making the transition from superhero to family man business man and mentor. 2: Can.and will Miles do a better job than Pete in The Avengers? 3:Will Dan Slott remain with book after RYV,? ,4: Will MJ survive? 5: What happens to Felicia Hardy? These are just a few questions that are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    Most villains except Norm and maybe Kraven do not care who is Spider-Man Pete or Miles? What would be important is 1: Pete making the transition from superhero to family man business man and mentor. 2: Can.and will Miles do a better job than Pete in The Avengers? 3:Will Dan Slott remain with book after RYV,? ,4: Will MJ survive? 5: What happens to Felicia Hardy? These are just a few questions that are important.
    I'm just pointing out that there are a few justifactions for Peter to become Spidey again after becoming a father that would be perfectly realistic. Many of his long time villians may not know who he is, but may want revenge or to fight him again and may go on crazy rampages or holding hostages demanding his return.

It could be that post-Secret Wars Spidey wants to stop being Spidey, but can't, because every time he gives it up things get much worse as his villians become deadlier and more vicious with his absence, and the city demands that Spidey returns due to the increase of violence and crime due to the villian outrage over Spidey going into hiding.

Or those with personal ties to Peter hire villians to screw with him because they won't want Peter to have a happy ending. If this happens enough, MJ would probably demand that Peter becomes Spidey again herself, despite making it more difficult, but it may be the best choice where no good choice exists. Spidey has so much history and has so many villians with personal vendattas against him that it would be best to take the fighting away from his home life instead of waiting for it to come to him.

Fantastic Member

The only repercussion of RYV will be that Peter and MJ remember the events pre OMD and the Mephisto deal that saved aunt mays life

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Things will return to normal after this event. Marvelknows better than to kill 616 outright.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK78 View Post
    I just hope the don't restart with another Number 1 this fall.
    Have you ever known Marvel to miss an opportunity to start with a new #1???
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Sigh, one can wish for a miracle...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK78 View Post
    I swear if the re-start with ASM Volume 4 I am going to scream...
    LOL. If they do can you make a youtube video of you screaming over it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Exactly. I'm expecting a ton of new number ones from September onwards following Secret Wars.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

Exactly. I'm expecting a ton of new number ones from September onwards following Secret Wars.
    Yes it will be 3 minutes of the MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE WORLD, like Dumb and Dumber.
    I just do not see the point of re-numbering and having a million Number Ones...Besides it possibly boosts sales

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

The only think I am slightly skeptical about is that they are continuing with the 18.1, 19.1 format for that background story they are telling too so if there wasnt a 18 or 19 then that numbering doesnt make sense... So maybe we might get lucky... But I doubt it. New #1's in September would dominate whatever gimmick DC has planned for their September 3D cover month and Marvel has fallen to DC the past 3 years so they are looking for a win this year in December.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

A comment and three responses on whether references to the value of grandparents are offensive for those who may have lost their grandparents were deleted.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    still one of those books that i'll think of from time to time, even though i haven't read it in over a decade. magic.
    And yet they undid it in one of the stupidest possible ways.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little bit afraid of this.

I accepted long ago that if Marvel seemingly can't or won't write a good married Spidey, then they shouldn't try just to appease us.

I'll still check this out.
    I just hope that this story is an actual story, and not some pessimistic troll/OMD justification event.
    That would be gross.
    I agree, but Dan Slott wanted this...so hopefully it's a good married Spidey story.