Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Spider-Gwen, #2

In "Spider-Gwen" #2 by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez, Gwen keeps company with Spider-Ham while she tries to get her phone back and Matt Murdock gets information out of Vulture.

Full review here.

As someone who criticised the first issue as all style with no substance, I actually saw this issue as a step up from the debut. I completely agree on the vulture not being an interesting character, but tying in the Hell's Kitchen cast (Daredevil, Punisher, etc.) seems to work out better here than the first time around ... where it all looked more like a cheeky cameo. Mary Jane is still as 1-dimensional as ever, which is a bummer, but Gwen herself is more interesting this time around and as she's the hero ... that's a good thing.

Of course the style is still there, and the art remains top notch. So if the story continues the climb it's on, this could actually end up being a great series.

I liked the second one better than the first...ill check out 3 and see how it goes.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

In the interest of record keeping, here is a previous thread where CBR users have made comments and left their impressions on this issue.

Spider-Gwen #2 Spoilers/Discussion

http://community.comicbookresources....ers-Discussion