Amazing Member

Default Justice League of America #14 Preview

http://comics-x-aminer.com/2014/05/1...of-america-14/

Well looks like this is the end for the JLA. Atleast a good part of the cast can be seen in JLU and I guess we'll learn what happens to everyone else.

Once again Stargirl is slightly annoying and confusing. I don't get how she suddenly feels all self important when she spent most of Forever Evil in a dream prison created by Despero which made all the things she did completely pointless as far as the rest of the world is concerned...but whatever makes her feel important.

And once again the art paints a different picture as to what actually happened. Why is Trevor bothering to debrief her while she is pictured fighting giganta in the background? Does Stargirl just have random delusions based on whomever is talking to her? Argh.

Also as per usual Steve Trevor just can't catch a break no matter what he does. And Martian Manhunter is goin' HAM.

I can't wait for this fun little extra bonus, this lagniappe, because I totally forgot about it, and thought it was already over.

That's okay, on to Justice League United!
    WHO DAT?!!

What? The page with the league fighting the syndicate and luthors gang is inaccurate. Johnny quick died in Forever Evil #6 so how can he be fighting the flash in what seems to be a flashback of Forever Evil #7. Power Ring is dead and Hal Jordan isn't even on earth so what sense does that make?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    What? The page with the league fighting the syndicate and luthors gang is inaccurate. Johnny quick died in Forever Evil #6 so how can he be fighting the flash in what seems to be a flashback of Forever Evil #7. Power Ring is dead and Hal Jordan isn't even on earth so what sense does that make?
    Yeah thats what I thought. Maybe Despero is nearby. Or its a random imagining since for some reason Stargirl doesn't seem to believe that the Secret Society or Crime Syndicate actually exist. Or she seems to think Trevor is lying to her when from what I can see he's telling her everything that won't get him arrested for treason.

Her narrative is just so confusing. She's lamenting that everyone treats her like a kid while she sits there and acts like she's 5 in front of someone who is honestly trying to give her good advice and save her from the blowback that the rest of the JLA is getting as a result of the Crime Syndicate's invasion.

And I have no idea why the Manhunter is freaking out. Ugh. Well as long as I get more Steve Trevor...
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-19-2014 at 08:10 AM.

So many questions...Like MM's relationship to Stargirl, and why the JLA is taking all the heat for what went down. It might've been nice to get a scene where the JLA talked about what went down as a group, but it seems like they've already gone their separate ways. And they were never really "together" in the first place, were they? Seems like such a waste.
    Last edited by protege; 05-19-2014 at 03:16 PM.

No sense was made by reading this preview.

Looks like MM has the hots for Star Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    did you notice the two Supermen the one fighting Ultraman and the other lasering Hawkman

but Forever Evil 7 hasn't come out yet so maybe this will all make sense on Wednesday
    The J-man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Looks like MM has the hots for Star Girl

did you notice the two Supermen the one fighting Ultraman and the other lasering Hawkman

but Forever Evil 7 hasn't come out yet so maybe this will all make sense on Wednesday
    Well the one fighting hawkman is Bizarro. The blue is his 'cryovision'. Though where he found the suit and cape are beyond me. I think that whole page is just stargirl's internal vision as she tunes out Steve Trevor.

hopefully it all makes sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRhon View Post
    http://comics-x-aminer.com/2014/05/1...of-america-14/

Well looks like this is the end for the JLA. Atleast a good part of the cast can be seen in JLU and I guess we'll learn what happens to everyone else.

Once again Stargirl is slightly annoying and confusing. I don't get how she suddenly feels all self important when she spent most of Forever Evil in a dream prison created by Despero which made all the things she did completely pointless as far as the rest of the world is concerned...but whatever makes her feel important.
    Because a government team lied to them and started a war that led to her being trapped and tortured inside of a mental prison and that kinda sucks?

Also that one huge page spread tells a better story than this entire mini-series.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 05-19-2014 at 06:17 PM.