Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batman animated movie requests....

With all the DC animated movies that have been done, what Batman stories would you like to see put in movie form? I would like The Killing Joke and Death in The Family for sure. Maybe a Three part Knightfall . What would you like to see out of future Batman animated movies?

Batman: Prey or Batman & The Mad Monk. Batman: Knightfall has already sorta been done with The Dark Knight Rises, and Death in the Family was partially handled in Batman: Under The Red Hood. Maybe Batman: Odyssey for the sheer insanity of the whole thing.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

BATMAN: RIP, Morrison's BATMAN AND ROBIN, BATMAN INCORPORATED (as a two or three part-er). I'd love to see a NO MAN'S LAND series.

I'd like to see some of Dini's run. I'd love a good Riddler flick.

I'd also like to see some BATMAN '66.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Death in the Family was partially handled in Batman: Under The Red Hood.
    Not only that, but it was only part of Death in the Family worth animating.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    BATMAN: RIP, Morrison's BATMAN AND ROBIN, BATMAN INCORPORATED (as a two or three part-er).
    This is my vote, definitely.

Incredible Member

For faithful remakes ala the existing Dark Knight Returns and Year One movies, I'd like to see Arkham Asylum and Killing Joke. Those would make good movies in the spirit of those two.

What I'd really, really like though in a perfect world, is a semi faithful (but much tighter) TV series that re-did stories pretty much from the 80s onward (and best ones from the 70s), but with a real eye out for contradictions, continuity and character. A sort of ten-year-long project that put most important Batman stories in chronological order, but with a strict character and locations bible, that re-did stuff from the Year One era (Mad Monk etc) up until Batman Inc Demon Star.

You know, just take a good long hard look at Batman from the modern age, assemble it into a sensible order, iron out any kinks or things that don't make sense, keep character's looks, personality, and likely actions consistent (so that between stories people don't have completely contradictory personalities etc.), and then just run that sucker home from Year One all the way to Morrison.

It would be cool to see the whole place still damaged after No Man's Land for a season or two. Have people like Tommy Elliot in the flashbacks the whole time if you're going to bring him in later etc. Have Talia sleep with Batman early on and don't introduce Damian until ten years later. Get rid of the "crowbarring" feeling. Everything feels plausible and tasteful.

I'm not sure where you'd start it. Either flat out with a Year One remake (or ignore that because of the existing movie), Or maybe later on, with Year One events such as the Holiday Killer and The Mad Monk's cult forming unwinding through several episodes as subplots until relevant episodes, shifted forward in time so Grayson has already been there for 6-8 years and is getting ready to leave. Maybe start off the whole series with three or four episodes with Grayson and Batman punching street level criminals and then Dick going to college and becoming Nightwing. Halfway through the first season get Jason involved, let him stay for a season and a half so Death In The Family is the season 3 finale. Season 4 finale is Tim joining. The very final episode is the story of the last issue of Morrison's run ?

[Oh yeah; and Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamill as Joker, Bryan Cranston as Gordon]
    Last edited by Kingcrimsonprog; 05-25-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Teen Titans: Judas Contract

Batman: Dark Mirror

Morrison's whole run. Including a more faithful rendition of Batman & Sons. Because. Well... (I think we all know where that's going).

And actually, Some of Robin: Year One. Maybe just the Two Face stuff.

Batman: Hush
    Batman: The Long Halloween
    Batman: Court of Owls (and City of Owls if that's not too long)
    Batman: Death of the Family
    Batgirl: Year One
    Batman: Prey

BANNED

"Hitman: Zombie Night At The Gotham Aquarium", or ever so slightly more realistic, "The Ace Of Winchesters".

Still somewhat Bat-related in a roundabout way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Batman: Hush
    Batman: The Long Halloween
    Batman: Court of Owls (and City of Owls if that's not too long)
    Batman: Death of the Family
    Batgirl: Year One
    Batman: Prey
    I vote this list! Also add Dark Victory after Long Halloween.

After they started with Superman: Doomsday, I was hoping they would do a "Knightfall" adaptation. Now that The Dark Knight Rises basically covered it, they probably never will.

I know Under the Red Hood touched on "Death In the Family," but I really didn't like that movie. I would have preferred seeing an actual adaptation, rather than it just being used as the back story for something else.

I'm surprised they've yet to do "The Killing Joke," though. And "Batman: Noel" would be awesome!
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

All I need is a Batman Hush animated movie done right and I can die happy. And maybe a Batman/Zatanna team up animated movie based on Paul Dini's work. That one should be great too.

Extraordinary Member

Some kind of film based around the post-Batman RIP status quo. Not just Morrison's story, but a little bit of Red Robin and some kind of Batgirl story as well, and a heavily redone version of Battle of the Cowl.

I really want to see an expanded Bat-family on film in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Some kind of film based around the post-Batman RIP status quo. Not just Morrison's story, but a little bit of Red Robin and some kind of Batgirl story as well, and a heavily redone version of Battle of the Cowl.

I really want to see an expanded Bat-family on film in some form.
    QFT. Would love to see the Batman Reborn era fleshed out in a standalone Animated universe or something.

A Loney Place of Dying
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I would love to see No Man's Land or Long Halloween