Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman vs Deathstroke in the New 52

I'm surprised that there wasn't any mention of this in here-Batman's first fight with Deathstroke in the New 52 that occurred recently in Deathstroke #5.

Just as Grayson had an ultimate challenge against a powered martial artist(Midnighter), Batman got one too, what do you think about this fight?
    Last edited by JusticeX; 03-16-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Man, sticking both Harley and Batman in his series. They are really trying to push Deathstroke this go around. I think next he is off to fight some Greek Gods or something right?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Man, sticking both Harley and Batman in his series. They are really trying to push Deathstroke this go around. I think next he is off to fight some Greek Gods or something right?
    Which honestly sounds pretty cool. Not gonna lie, im enjoying Deathstoke. Its a guilty pleasure.

lol Yup. Yeah, looks like he is getting armed by Hephaestus to fight them...Wonder if he'll come into conflict with Wonder Woman next?

I think Batman already fought Deathstroke in Batman: the Dark Knight
    This is their second encounter seeing as Batman and Deathstroke are familiar with each other here.
    Tony Daniel has been doing some good in this book(retconning shivasaurus, Bronze Tigerman,Harley's design here) but his dialogue just can't keep me interested.

Batman v Deathstroke shouldn't have been set up by Harley I doubt either character would fall for her bait like that

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This is their second encounter seeing as Batman and Deathstroke are familiar with each other here.
    Tony Daniel has been doing some good in this book(retconning shivasaurus, Bronze Tigerman,Harley's design here) but his dialogue just can't keep me interested.

Batman v Deathstroke shouldn't have been set up by Harley I doubt either character would fall for her bait like that
    Ah, I see, I didn't know they had already fought before in the current continuity. I knew they crossed paths(without fighting) during Forever Evil, when Bruce was working with Luthor and co.

Incredible Member

Well Harley and Batman probably need to be in it so it doesn't get cancelled at 12 issues.
    Though I think #4 did pretty okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

Whoa, he retconning shivasaurus? Seriously? Did it turn out that shivasaurus was a fake impersonating Lady Shiva all along and the real one killed her off like so many of us had hoped? xD

Yeah, I have heard the new run, aside deaging him, has been a lot better than the first New 52 run.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This upcoming tpb has the only Deathstroke vs Batman battle I will ever care about, written by Marv Wolfman:
    http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...ol-1-assassins
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Tony Daniel bored the battle sequence with Deathstroke's boring inner thoughts about how awesome Batman is and how bad Deathstroke now is with his two eyes. Daniel should have allowed his art do the talking, he doesn't need to overwrite his stories.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeX View Post
    I'm surprised that there wasn't any mention of this in here-Batman's first fight with Deathstroke in the New 52 that occurred recently in Deathstroke #5:

Just as Grayson had an ultimate challenge against a powered martial artist(Midnighter), Batman got one too, what do you think about this fight?
    why exactly did you just post a illegal version of the issue to youtube? The writer/artist makes no money from that at all.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    This upcoming tpb has the only Deathstroke vs Batman battle I will ever care about, written by Marv Wolfman:
    What is the need to comment in thr first place, then?

Anyway, I enjoyed the fight as I am the book. And book seems to be selling well, first 3 issues have all got 2nd prints. Glad it is sticking around Postcon and looks like Daniel is getting some help with writing too.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I can & will comment about what I want, how I want. And I mentioned this particular battle that some may not recall & that some may be interested in. It's a very good battle between the two.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-16-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    why exactly did you just post a illegal version of the issue to youtube? The writer/artist makes no money from that at all.
    It's not my vid. Or are you asking why did I post a link to this vid? Sorry, I found this and wanted to illustrate my thread, that's all. I will remove the link. It looks like it is still showing up in your post though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

Anyway, I enjoyed the fight as I am the book. And book seems to be selling well, first 3 issues have all got 2nd prints. Glad it is sticking around Postcon and looks like Daniel is getting some help with writing too.
    I can & will comment about what I want, how I want. And I mentioned this particular battle that some may not recall & that some may be interested in. It's a very good battle between the two.
    Hey, no worries guys, it's no big deal. All battles between the two are welcome to be discussed, I don't mind.

I wonder what this fight does for Batman though(As far as martial arts rankings), I mean, there was the talk of Deathstroke being slower, weaker, his two eyes, etc....Yet, it ends in a stalemate apparently, due to Harley's explosion. Will this go down in the records as nerfed Deathstroke Vs Batman or would that not be the case?

Also, I would have liked to see Harley not interfere by attacking DS like she did, but then again I guess that evened up things between Batman and Deathstroke after his sucker punch on Batman. lol
    Last edited by JusticeX; 03-16-2015 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeX View Post
    It's not my vid. Or are you asking why did I post a link to this vid? Sorry, I found this and wanted to illustrate my thread, that's all. I will remove the link. It looks like it is still showing up in your post though.
    Dude don't worry, it's not illegal. He's just overreacting.