Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SolarRadical View Post
    I'm not just talking about only this particular variant cover I'm talking about art as a whole, these selective outrages people do not support the industries they clam on about, and I have seen these behavior over and over and over and it's complete nonsense.
    What comic books have you missed out on because people complained about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I dont like cheese. I dont like the taste, dont care for the smell.

So I dont buy cheese, I dont go down the isle. Is cheese being rubbed in my face? No, so no problem.

Should cheese get banned just because I dont like it? No.

Thats not bizarre at all. Bizarre is the opposite of that logic. Im sorry your upset not everyone agrees with you.
    Again you fail to understand the difference between not liking something and being offended by something.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    So you think the people on twitter demanding it's removal had nothing to do with it?
    Are you going to trust the artist who asked that his art be removed from publication because he believed people were offended by it? Because that is exactly what he said and exactly what happened. It is linked in the OP. Go read it.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Perhaps you aren't familiar with actual censorship.

The objectification of women demeans all of humanity.

Again, it would be helpful if people reacquainted themselves with the definition of censorship.

This is false. We are born as feminists, and early on, a misogynistic society teaches us not to be.

Political correctness isn't doublespeak. It's about respect. For example, if someone were to call my wife or son a racial epithet, I cannot simply agree to disagree. That is an act of violence, and a threat of further violence.
    I trimmed this down not to misrepresent but just to include the statements I find a bit contradicting. That is, how can you tell someone that they are misusing the term censorship but then use a non-standard definition of misogyny? I'm sure the same people who come up with all sorts of ideas of what misogyny also come up with all sorts of things that fall under censorship that would not agree with your strict limitation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Again you fail to understand the difference between not liking something and being offended by something.
    No you fail to understand that people don't have to care about what you are offended by and have you being offended effecting what they can do.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Again, it would be helpful if people reacquainted themselves with the definition of censorship.

Trust me I'm very familiar with the concept of censorship and if you think that only the govt. is capable of censorship then you're sadly mistaken (the CCA comes to mind given the current forum).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Are you going to trust the artist who asked that his art be removed from publication because he believed people were offended by it? Because that is exactly what he said and exactly what happened. It is linked in the OP. Go read it.
    And why do you think that is, or are you just going to assume he had an epiphany? Stop being misleading.

What the crap?!?

Look, I'm not fond of the cover, but I DO get the symbolism of it and it is still very well-drawn and well made. I was all for it getting published. What's this nonsense about death threats?

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I've seen people claiming to be feminists do some terrible crap to other people while hiding behind that label (harrassment, bullying, doxxing, etc). If that's the feminism that's 'winning' here, we're all in big trouble because that's all I've seen from people these days. The only decent feminists I've met are the ones currently being bullied by people complaining to be feminists, yet give zero craps about men.

I type slow so this might be random, but I was replying to a certain post somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    And why do you think that is, or are you just going to assume he had an epiphany? Stop being misleading.
    How about we assume that he's an adult who can tell the difference between people being angry on twitter and people who were genuinely offended and disappointed by his artistic choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    There was censorship. There were confirmed threats of violence, though not confirmed what side was tossing them.

What have I said that was false?
    Your comment clumped censorship and the threats on the same side as a reason why feminists wouldn't touch it. It was ambiguously worded and could easily be read to express that point of view. I have since read your other comments stating you understand the threats were not confirmed coming from the cover-complainers (and mostly likely in my opinion would not have come from them).
    Pull List

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The hashtag is #Changethecover.
    The hashtag wasnt #idontlike the cover.

That's the issue here.
    You can feel bad all you want but what makes you feel bad is not what makes others feel bad.
    Again, that's a consequence of the cover. Ultimately the choice was Rafael Abuquerque's and he decided against the cover. From what we heard from him he hasn't been threatened to pull the cover. He chose to pull it after becoming aware of the controversy. You can argue that he self-censored, but the choice to keep the variant or throw it out was all his.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    How about we assume that he's an adult who can tell the difference between people being angry on twitter and people who were genuinely offended and disappointed by his artistic choices.
    Again, if we subtract the online outrage and demands for the cover being removed do you think the same result occurs? Because I know that it's very uncommon for this to happen. So I'm going to logically assume that the atypical variable had an effect on it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    What the crap?!?

Look, I'm not fond of the cover, but I DO get the symbolism of it and it is still very well-drawn and well made. I was all for it getting published. What's this nonsense about death threats?
    In DC's statement they said any such actions were inappropriate (but didn't specify any actual instances) and everybody is using that as an excuse to label people they don't like as evil.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    What comic books have you missed out on because people complained about them?
    considering something like the comiccode authority destroyed whole genres of comics, making superheros the most dominate market and leaving everything else to rot, I'd say quite a few.
    Last edited by SolarRadical; 03-16-2015 at 10:38 PM.