Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,376

    Default 3 minutes of Hell: Elsa VS Godzilla 2014

    The latest incarnation of Godzilla has made landfall in Arendelle and is trashing everything in sight. But in 3 minutes, Ultraman Leo will arrive and kick his arse.

    Unfortunately, chances are good that no-one is gonna be alive after those three minutes. SO, its up to Arendelle's new queen to hold Godzilla back for those three minutes and buy enough time for everyone to get to the shelters before Leo arrives.

    Can Elsa hold the newest Godzilla back for three minutes? Does she die trying, or, die trying to imitate the Gotengo and use Absolute Zero?

  2. #2
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    The latest incarnation of Godzilla has made landfall in Arendelle and is trashing everything in sight. But in 3 minutes, Ultraman Leo will arrive and kick his arse.

    Unfortunately, chances are good that no-one is gonna be alive after those three minutes. SO, its up to Arendelle's new queen to hold Godzilla back for those three minutes and buy enough time for everyone to get to the shelters before Leo arrives.

    Can Elsa hold the newest Godzilla back for three minutes? Does she die trying, or, die trying to imitate the Gotengo and use Absolute Zero?
    Pissed Elsa will hold him off and probably destroy him... first creating Kaiju of her own (her Snow Beasts)... also, who's to say that Big GMan can handle extremely cold weather?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    also, who's to say that Big GMan can handle extremely cold weather?
    He is a reptile...wait, has he ever been revealed to be warm-blooded?

  4. #4
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    He is a reptile...wait, has he ever been revealed to be warm-blooded?
    ISTR something as stupid as that in the Matthew Broderick Godzilla. Of course, so much stupid happened in that movie that such a detail would vanish into the fog of ignorance permeating the thing.

  5. #5
    Taker of notes. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Depends on the output of his blue flame breath and whether that'll do anything to her constructs. I think for three minutes though she should be able to hold him off, even if it means creating icy patches in front of him that he'll slip on.
    Last edited by SuperCooper; 05-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.

  6. #6
    Mokkori... FrenchGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    France, Duh
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Depends on the output of his

    spoilers:
    blue flame breath
    end of spoilers

    and whether that'll do anything to her constructs. I think for three minutes though she should be able to hold him off, even if it means creating icy patches in front of him that he'll slip on.

    Edit: Do I need to put that in spoilers? Not sure.
    Well, considering that Big G's atomic breath is one of the things he is most-well known for, I'd say no.

    Need to see the newest Godzilla to give an informed opinion, but Elsa being pretty badass (remember, her ice was able to shatter a metal sword, and she created an eternal winter for a small country with her powers without being aware of it) that would be a sight to behold.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Taker of notes. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Well, considering that Big G's atomic breath is one of the things he is most-well known for, I'd say no.
    Makes sense! I was a little unsure since it doesn't appear til the latter part of the movie, but people should know what to expect.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Depends on the output of his blue flame breath and whether that'll do anything to her constructs. I think for three minutes though she should be able to hold him off, even if it means creating icy patches in front of him that he'll slip on.
    I'm thinking she'll need to overclock something fierce and quite possibly enter something like Asura's "meltdown mode" when he fought Chakravartin for the first time. Pushing the boundaries that hard, I'm thinking she'd need to continuously impale him with utterly massive icicles. If 2014 doesn't have the Organizer-G1 cells which made his predecessors nigh-unstoppable, he's going to be in for a world of pain. If she can build a good sized castle that quick, a massive icicle should not be a problem. The problem is, she needs to do it multiple times.

    So, does Godzilla 2014 have that regeneration ability?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    also, who's to say that Big GMan can handle extremely cold weather?
    It might actually work. I am only remembering this now, but Final Wars got stopped by being dropped into a glacier and sealed into it by the Gotengo's rockets. Note that we're talking about a Godzilla which was in every way superior to one which decided to take a breather in magma, and spent several days cruising around the magma chambers under Japan(Godzilla X Biollante)

    However, there is a feat against this; he got shot point blank in the chest with Absolute Zero, frozen into a massive iceberg, and it literally did nothing but turn him around and leave a MANLY SCAR where the hit was. He did however, come back to maul Kiryu again...in the next movie.
    Last edited by T51R; 05-19-2014 at 09:46 AM.

  9. #9
    Taker of notes. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    I'm thinking she'll need to overclock something fierce and quite possibly enter something like Asura's "meltdown mode" when he fought Chakravartin for the first time. Pushing the boundaries that hard, I'm thinking she'd need to continuously impale him with utterly massive icicles. If 2014 doesn't have the Organizer-G1 cells which made his predecessors nigh-unstoppable, he's going to be in for a world of pain. If she can build a good sized castle that quick, a massive icicle should not be a problem. The problem is, she needs to do it multiple times.

    So, does Godzilla 2014 have that regeneration ability?
    Nah, nothing's mentioned of the Organizer-G1 cells, and though he does have quite a level of durability against human weapons, his fights with the MUTOs take a lot out of him, to the point of collapse. He doesn't really come up against anything sharp though which makes me unsure about what an icicle would do, or whether it would just crack against his skin.

    Now that I'm thinking about her creating the castle though, she could create ice formations inside of him, which could slow him down or do some damage, at the very least, since she doesn't need to be where she's summoning the ice.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    *Hokuto Shin Ken has a 1800 year history!*...COME BACK TO LIFE, ZOMBIE THREAD!

    Since we now have new feats for Monsterverse G, and with Frozen 2 on the way, let's see how the original Elsa stacks up to KOTM Godzilla...

    ...and in a few months time, how KOTM Godzilla stacks up against Frozen 2 Elsa.

  11. #11
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,321

    Default

    She gets murdered, and quickly. Why did you necro this.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  12. #12

    Default

    The male MUTO can dive bomb hundreds of meters under water and carry a 20k ton submarine many many kilometers.

    This same MUTO dive bombed Godzilla and was fish hooking his mouth. G just got pissed off and finally one shot the agile little thing.

    I doooont think Elsa can use icicles on that scale.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    I don't think that Godzilla being cold blooded or not is really a factor, considering that he is fully capable of generating massive gouts of super hot radioactive flames at will.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that Godzilla being cold blooded or not is really a factor, considering that he is fully capable of generating massive gouts of super hot radioactive flames at will.
    Even without the whole "I am a living nuclear reactor" thing, in KoTM he swam up through the ice of Antarctica and seemed A-ok.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  15. #15
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Also, based on the trailers for Frozen 2, there's a limit to how much ice Elsa can freeze given that she was having trouble getting past some giant waves - which are themselves too small to stop Godzilla.

    But Elsa could get a powerup, who knows? No way to tell until the movie comes out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •