Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic Back-logs

Default Comic Back-logs

I was just thinking about how many comics I have to read that I still haven't gotten to and I got to thinking about one of if not the best problem a comic fan can have: too many comics to read!

I know I'm not the only one here who suffers from back-logs. You know the drill: we all have busy lives, work, school, family, etc., and we can't always get to read comics when we want to. Some have relatively small back-logs, others have only a few issues they haven't gotten to read, and then there's those who have HUGE back-logs consisting of dozens of issues.

I am in the latter category I have SO many comics I haven't gotten around to reading because I've been crazy busy with school and life. Honestly, it's so many I don't even want to count. I'm sure it's over 100, easy. So I keep them all in the bags I got from the comic shop and I have them on my shelf, looking at me, waiting for that one day where I can just sit down and read through the whole pile. Personally, I enjoy having a back-log. It means there's always a new comic waiting there for me to read! It's a nice treat to reward myself with at the end of a long, hectic day. Also, because I'm a horrible procrastinator, I probably won't ever not have a back-log.

So I ask you all: do you suffer from comic back-log syndrome? Do you have a back-log of comics to read or none at all? If you do, how many comics are in your back-log?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

As I mainly read trades, I don't have much of a backlog, however, there are 5 issues of Captain America (#251-255) that I've been saving just in case I don't have anything else to read.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

I have huge runs of backlogs. . some stretching back several years (and some to the point, such as "Fables" where I buy the trades as well as the single issues, so i can sit and read when traveling.

the best examples I can give now are actually the few DC books I still get: I haven't read any of the "Futures End" or the "Earth 2" weekly books, but I have them all, in order and together, and will sit and read all issues once the series finishes.

similarly, I have all issues of "Injustice" (year 1, year 2, & year 3, + annuals) all batched and waiting to be read, but I haven't gotten to em yet.

so yeah, I could stop buying tomorrow and still have enough new comics to read for the rest of my life. . yet I still buy 100's of books each month, and keep current on at least 30-40 of em.

its an addiction
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

I have a storage building stuffed with about 18,000 comics. I'd guess about half of them are unread. I've also got a few thousand digital comics. And I keep buying and adding to the pile. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never read all of my comics, it's just not possible as the rate I read is outstripped by the rate at which I buy. Fortunately, I enjoy collecting for its own sake.

BANNED

I suffer from comic front log syndrome, where I don't have enough comics because I don't have enough money. But don't worry, I won't be working at the deli for long. Soon I'll be out of here and doing gigs on the road (By gigs I mean me performing Swedish experimental trance music and trying to annoy as many southerners as possible) so I'll be taking it from the back-log like you guys very soon.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Too many to count or I'm too lazy to give it a shot. Was talking about this elsewhere, my big problem as of late is I let myself get sucked into events then out into universes. I'm effectively buying more titles from the big two then needed, some because I enjoy them but others out of an odd compulsion. As a result I'm missing more chances to go read old stuff I missed and a lot that most readers suggest as the prime rib. I'm condensing big time soon to compensate for that.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I've got a huge backlog. I'm not sure I can ever catch up. I always take advantage of a good sale on comiXology or Dark Horse and read though books as I can. My current backlog is in the multiple hundreds, approaching 1000 books "to-read." It's a good problem to have as a comics fan.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

READ YOUR COMICS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

Sheesh, kids these days!
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Speaking of back-logs, I keep mine next to the toilet so I can knock a few out while I'm pooping. Depending on the damage I can get through 2-8, whittles it down quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Speaking of back-logs, I keep mine next to the toilet so I can knock a few out while I'm pooping. Depending on the damage I can get through 2-8, whittles it down quickly.
    Liefeld Image books can do double duty -- they are an excellent laxative, and when you are done, you can use the pages for TP!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

Plus everyone's gritting their teeth like I am.

savage10.jpg

"Thirsty for Blood", jesus Christ.
    Last edited by CSTowle; 03-17-2015 at 07:58 AM.

This thread took a turn. A turn I couldn't have ever forseen. And I love it

And can I just say, WOW. I thought I had a big back-log of comics but you guys make mine look like nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    READ YOUR COMICS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

Sheesh, kids these days!
    But how can we have a back-log if we read them all?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I'm able to stay on top of the floppies I buy. Same with digital too, mostly (though I do have a mild backlog there).

The biggest backlog for me is Trades. When I first started buying comics, I bought oodles of Essential books. Read about 1/4 of them. And sometimes I get more big Trades if I'm at certain used bookstores or comic stores with good deals, or local cons. I need to work through those piles, but I'm a slow reader, so it will take time.

007 girl.

During the past decade I've been buying comics faster than I can read them.

So well over a couple thousand.

Part of the fun of being a collector is owning them, knowing I can get to them whenever I want, at my own pace. There's no rush, and in the meantime, I can at least enjoy looking at the covers.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I have a storage building stuffed with about 18,000 comics. I'd guess about half of them are unread. I've also got a few thousand digital comics. And I keep buying and adding to the pile. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never read all of my comics, it's just not possible as the rate I read is outstripped by the rate at which I buy. Fortunately, I enjoy collecting for its own sake.
    Hello self.