Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty clear Maxima means she's a lesbian. Don't see any other way to interpret it really without you having to stretch a bit.

This is one element which I think the writers had planned from early on and which I would really have liked to see given a bit more exposure in a longer story. Still I'm glad we got it.
    And considering the fact that Pre 52 Almeracian females were all about breeding and power, I think this is a great way to leave options for other writers to develop interesting arcs with her about more than knocking boots with a Kryptonian. She could stick around on Earth for a while.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Maxima is definitely a lesbian or maybe not.

Time will tell.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Speaking of Max...did not see that twist coming. Its an interesting idea, Maxima being gay, and it makes her dirty looks at Comet pretty fun in retrospect, it wasnt him she was glaring at, it was the girls. Nice surprise twist, though honestly...it feels like change for change's sake and I dont know what it really adds to her character. She was already being written as reluctant to be a breed mare for her Empire, making her a lesbian doesnt really seem to do much beyond "last issue shock value".
    I don't see it that way. I think is a pretty interesting twist considering how her previous history was completely dependant on getting the perfect male.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Maxima lesbian? she just said she wasn't attracted to the males on her planet. She was pretty specific on that
    Nah, I think it was pretty clear that she's Gay, even Kate Perkins hinted about it in Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Gonna miss supergitl so much i thought mike was a great addition to her cast.

Still maxima is Bi or gay or whatever seriously come on man how will this impact her interaction with superman now. Or maybe i am reading too much into her words she just isn't feeling the men on her planet could change when she sees supes much like pre 52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imacomicfan View Post
    Shes a teenager tho. Thats gonna be arkward with superman. Maybe superboy ok
    Really, who cares about Superman or whatever? It's more about her own character now.

I'd rather they do anything that won't tie her to superma. Hell, put her on TeenTitans. Two gay characters would be spectacular.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 03-18-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I don't know. That scene is pretty open ended, but I'm sure that this has the potential to inspire the internet to write fanfiction featuring Maxima/Supergirl: the college years.

This Maxima doesn't like the males on her home planet. That's entirely consistent with her post-crisis depiction who was so unimpressed that she shirked imperial responsibilities on Almerac to search the stars for a male who was worthy.

We'll have to wait and see where this goes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I'd rather they do anything that won't tie her to superma. Hell, put her on TeenTitans. Two gay characters would be spectacular.
    I'd hope they would tie Maxima to Superboy/Kon. The 1 that is in the now, and Not Convergance junk. I'd love to have Maxima be wood by Superboy's Powers. But I do hope that Maxima, Supergirl and the Real 52 Kon can be good friends.

Biggest Supergirl needs right now is her own Comic, and DC is Not very Smart about the Super characters right now, and others that were in Pre-52.

I'd prefer that if they make Gay/Lesbian characters, then they should be Newly created characters, not like what they did with Alan Scott.

DC is so Stupid not to Keep the Supergirl series going.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-19-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    I'd hope they would tie Maxima to Superboy/Kon. The 1 that is in the now, and Not Convergance junk. I'd love to have Maxima be wood by Superboy's Powers. But I do hope that Maxima, Supergirl and the Real 52 Kon can be good friends.

Biggest Supergirl needs right now is her own Comic, and DC is Not very Smart about the Super characters right now, and others that were in Pre-52.

I'd prefer that if they make Gay/Lesbian characters, then they should be Newly created characters, not like what they did with Alan Scott.

DC is so Stupid not to Keep the Supergirl series going.
    I think they did it since pre 52 Maxima was homophobic. But at least people who don't like her can't say "all she does is chase Superman, desperate much?"
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-19-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Really, who cares about Superman or whatever? It's more about her own character now.
    This. I don't care about Maxima's relationship to Superman - she is a new character to me and I'd rather see her explored as such.

I don't see it that way. I think is a pretty interesting twist considering how her previous history was completely dependant on getting the perfect male.
    Oh, I dont have any real issue with it, it just doesnt seem like it needed to be done. Max had already been established as someone who has a lot of responsibilities and expectations and didnt really want to be boxed in by them. That in and of itself was a welcome change from who she was before, where her sense of duty was so strong she abandoned her Empire to find the best potential mate. Sure, she was twisting that sense of duty up pretty bad, but she was doing it (mostly) for her people. The current Max is already more level headed and less inclined to drop her own desires for her royal responsibilities; making her gay just feels like it isnt really adding that much to the dynamic. It doesnt bother me that she's gay, I just dont feel like it added much to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I think they did it since pre 52 Maxima was homophobic. But at least people who don't like her can't say "all she does is chase Superman, desperate much?"
    Oh yeah I forgot she was homophobic before! Good recall. As for what people will or wont say about her, I think it will depend on if she shows up again; if these few issues are all we get, no one will be talking about her at all. Im hoping for something in Titans or Omega Men or something.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    This. I don't care about Maxima's relationship to Superman - she is a new character to me and I'd rather see her explored as such.
    yeah, I think she is much better now. She is a independent female character, with her own ideals who doesn't need to chase off superman

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeswithoutaface View Post
    I don't know. That scene is pretty open ended, but I'm sure that this has the potential to inspire the internet to write fanfiction featuring Maxima/Supergirl: the college years.

This Maxima doesn't like the males on her home planet. That's entirely consistent with her post-crisis depiction who was so unimpressed that she shirked imperial responsibilities on Almerac to search the stars for a male who was worthy.

We'll have to wait and see where this goes.
    I read same way that you. It's very open, now if she said I just not interested on men then I would be sure she is lesbian. Me and another girls who are straight already said something similar, sometimes some group of boys aren't atractive to us. Women have some standarts too.
    if maxima is a lesbian, seems like another DC cliche. Not even on subtext level it was something good, saw better subtexts before.

Michael is a cute. the end seems so obvious that is going for the tv show vibe.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-19-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

Wow, I had suggested that Maxima "swing that way" back when this run started. I didn't think that they'd actually go there, cool.

Amazing Member

I think you guys are all making the mistake of taking that line out of context and letting this whole LGBT craze cloud your thinking. All Maxima said was that she wasn't attracted to the men on her home planet. That could mean a bunch of things. Like Eyeswithoutaface and Blacksun said, she could just not be attracted to Almeracian men, but be attracted to other kinds of men. And even if she did say that she wasn't attracted to men in general, that doesn't necessarily mean that she's attracted to women; she could be asexual. Why doesn't anybody think of that?

It's so sad that when an LGBT issue comes up in an unrelated medium, that's almost all that people talk about. That's why I think it's better that these kinds of issues be left out of popular culture.

Gerscomics

Well, she didn't JUST say she wasn't attracted to the men on her home planet. She began by telling Supergirl she "Liked" her, and while both statements taken by themselves aren't very indicative, when she said them together, it's pretty clear.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Gerscomics View Post
    Well, she didn't JUST say she wasn't attracted to the men on her home planet. She began by telling Supergirl she "Liked" her, and while both statements taken by themselves aren't very indicative, when she said them together, it's pretty clear.
    Yup! Not only that but she even said that Kara was "the person she invisioned being with".

I think it's pretty goddamn obvious.

Yup! Not only that but she even said that Kara was "the person she invisioned being with".

I think it's pretty goddamn obvious.
    I'm not even bothered by who she loves or sleeps with so I agree.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡