View Poll Results: Is it time for a Marvel Monster Renaissance?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY.

27 87.10%
  • No, I don't think we are prepared to handle that much awesome.

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Personally, I'd like to see Marvel do a big daikaiju summer crossover event. Doesn't seem like it would be difficult.

The Elevator Pitch.

- A bunch of Marvel's classic Giant Monsters appear at once and begin wreaking havoc on the world, a la Pacific Rim.

- A core team of superheroes tries to uncover and shut down the mastermind behind the attacks. (There's your main story for the event miniseries.)

- The rest of the superheroes fight the monsters. A different monster could spontaneously appear in each ongoing series OR you could package them in a separate miniseries (a la AvX VS), whatever you wanna do.

- Climax: The superheroes trick the monsters into turning on each other. Giant freaking monster battle.

- Spin a Red Ronin series out of it, tickle some of the fanboys for about 12 issues.

- Give it an ominous, one-word name, like "MONSTERS".

*shoot finger-guns*

*wink*

*step off elevator*

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Marvel do a big daikaiju summer crossover event. Doesn't seem like it would be difficult.

The Elevator Pitch.

- A bunch of Marvel's classic Giant Monsters appear at once and begin wreaking havoc on the world, a la Pacific Rim.

- A core team of superheroes tries to uncover and shut down the mastermind behind the attacks. (There's your main story for the event miniseries.)

- The rest of the superheroes fight the monsters. A different monster could spontaneously appear in each ongoing series OR you could package them in a separate miniseries (a la AvX VS), whatever you wanna do.

- Climax: The superheroes trick the monsters into turning on each other. Giant freaking monster battle.

- Spin a Red Ronin series out of it, tickle some of the fanboys for about 12 issues.

- Give it an ominous, one-word name, like "MONSTERS".

*shoot finger-guns*

*wink*

*step off elevator*
    That's certainly a much more refreshing idea than having armies of superheroes fighting *each other*, which seems to have been way overplayed during the past decade.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    That's certainly a much more refreshing idea than having armies of superheroes fighting *each other*, which seems to have been way overplayed during the past decade.

Marvel, I just gave you your next blockbuster event. Buy me a Diet Coke, give me a credit on the title page, and we'll call it even.

Make it a giant-sized issue, have no plot line aside from giant Marvel monsters having a giant battle royale, preferably with every other page or so being a splash page, and have James Stokoe write and draw it (see Godzilla: Half Century War for reference). No appearances from any superheroes, except maybe Red Ronin, who is trying to fight them all off and save the city. That is all that would be needed, because it would be glorious.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I would love to see the ideas mentioned in this thread come to fruition. But they would also have to include Richard Carson, Ilongo Savage and Genji Odashu, the Shogun Warriors.

BANNED

marvel zombies wasn't enough? if i never see a flesh-eating superhero/villain again, it will be too soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    marvel zombies wasn't enough? if i never see a flesh-eating superhero/villain again, it will be too soon.
    We're talking about giant monsters. Lol

I always wanted to see "Marvel Monsters" as a set-up for the Hulk's stories. Right now, we have had a new iteration of the Hulk every one or two years, and nothing seems to click. To have Hulk as a reluctant monster-hunter and Banner caught in the middle of a new Hulkbuster (Monsterbuster?) Task Force would allow for some great high-octane blockbuster action.
    Marvel Flipside -- Some old Marvel Axis Fanfiction & FanArt
    Where's DannyWall -- Some writing and Marvel TSR Role-Playing Stuff

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I would like to see a giant monsters on-going I love them so much. (maybe have them travel to other dimensions or planets).

Fin Fang Foom and IT are musts...the rest of the roster can be added as needed

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I would love to see the ideas mentioned in this thread come to fruition. But they would also have to include Richard Carson, Ilongo Savage and Genji Odashu, the Shogun Warriors.
    Stark Enterprises could build three more Ronin units: Blue Ronin, Green Ronin, and White Ronin, perhaps. The team could then be Carson, Savage, Odashu, and Takiguchi.

Heck, might as well add one more Ronin (and a new pilot character) and make it a full-on VOLTRON/POWER RANGERS type deal.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Is it time? It's always time for gigantic monsters!

Wow james stokoe writing and drawing with a voltron style red ronin with Carson, odashu, savage and takiguchi would be perfect lots of great ideas here really wish marvel was publishing this

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    We're talking about giant monsters. Lol
    Not so much in favour of giant monsters. I really don't care for Godzilla and the like (I only like the movies for the massive amounts of "stupid" in them).

I'm more in favour of the Pre-FF type of Marvel Monsters.

Also, Old School Transformers are the only giant robots I can stand.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I always thought Genji Odashu being a Shogun Warrior pilot as well as an Avengers pilot would have been a good fit for the Red Ronin pilot. Keeping Rob as pilot for the Ronin robot you could have SHIELD, ONE and Stark designing 3 Super Sentinel robot prototypes, piloted by the former Shogun Warrior pilots, built specifically for taking on giant monsters that have become more frequent over the years. Their are a few other giant robots hanging around the marvel Universe that could be retrofit for the Shogun Warrior pilots if you don't want to go the Sentinel route.

I really enjoyed the collection put out not too long ago; especially fantastic was the story where Fing Fang Foom and some other monsters were shrunken down and working for the FF.

I'd love to see more of that please, Marvel.

-Pav, who likes when the monsters are big too of course...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details