View Poll Results: Is it time for a Marvel Monster Renaissance?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY.

27 87.10%
  • No, I don't think we are prepared to handle that much awesome.

4 12.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Wall View Post
    I always wanted to see "Marvel Monsters" as a set-up for the Hulk's stories. Right now, we have had a new iteration of the Hulk every one or two years, and nothing seems to click. To have Hulk as a reluctant monster-hunter and Banner caught in the middle of a new Hulkbuster (Monsterbuster?) Task Force would allow for some great high-octane blockbuster action.
    Yeah, that could work. Kind of a Hulk and the Agents of SMASH setup, with monster-hunting as its mission statement.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Sure. A lot of fun things can done with Marvel's monsters.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Marvel do a big daikaiju summer crossover event. Doesn't seem like it would be difficult.

The Elevator Pitch.

- A bunch of Marvel's classic Giant Monsters appear at once and begin wreaking havoc on the world, a la Pacific Rim.

- A core team of superheroes tries to uncover and shut down the mastermind behind the attacks. (There's your main story for the event miniseries.)

- The rest of the superheroes fight the monsters. A different monster could spontaneously appear in each ongoing series OR you could package them in a separate miniseries (a la AvX VS), whatever you wanna do.

- Climax: The superheroes trick the monsters into turning on each other. Giant freaking monster battle.

- Spin a Red Ronin series out of it, tickle some of the fanboys for about 12 issues.

- Give it an ominous, one-word name, like "MONSTERS".

*shoot finger-guns*

*wink*

*step off elevator*
    Reminds me of a sadly cancelled before it could be released mini-series by Fred van Lente and Kyle Hotz entitled THE DESTROYERS. A cool sounding premise featuring a slightly obscure WW2 hero, the Destroyer, organizing a team of the Marvel's more monstrous looking heroes, the Thing, She-Hulk(Jenifer Walters), the Beast, Devil Dinosaur, Moon Boy, Karkas, and the A-Bomb. Against the Deviant Warlord Kro, a host of monsters he created, and the thing that wiped out the dinosaurs. With Kro being one of the villains of the tale, I'm guessing Van Lente was a fan of the Monster Hunters tale told in the fourth through seventh issue of the short lived Marvel Universe anthology written by Roger Stern.

On the subject of the pilots of the Shogun Warriors, Richard Carson, Illongo Savage, and Genji Odashu. I thought that they'd fit in quite well as members of, or even leading the team itself, Sentinel Squad O*N*E*. A group of human piloted Sentinels. They fought wild Sentinels, T-Rexes with telekinesis, and the Growing Man. If the mag had been more popular I'd have loved to see the team , with the Shogun pilots, buttheads with their old sparring partner Dr. Demonicus ,and his creations. Seemed like a book tailor made for it.

If they do... They need to wreck some cities besides New York or Los Angeles.. too cliche at this point for Marvel. I'd even like it if this were simply an alternate earth, where these creatures were the only "supernatural" presence in the world. Marvel could create their own Pacific Rim type series.

Side note: Marvel should have bought the Godzilla characters decades ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If they do... They need to wreck some cities besides New York or Los Angeles.. too cliche at this point for Marvel. I'd even like it if this were simply an alternate earth, where these creatures were the only "supernatural" presence in the world. Marvel could create their own Pacific Rim type series.

Side note: Marvel should have bought the Godzilla characters decades ago.
    I kind of fantasize about Disney buying Toho, and getting to use Godzilla once again in Marvel Universe.

Anywho, doing a little more research on the sadly cancelled Van Lente/Hotz Destroyers mini, it's still surprising to see the project get canned before its release. It got lots of press when it was announced, and from this interview with Hotz and Van Lente, had some pretty epic kaiju action to show us. Marvel, and company need to get on the ball and resurrect this puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If they do... They need to wreck some cities besides New York or Los Angeles.. too cliche at this point for Marvel.
    100% agreed. I've always been irritated by Marvel's insistence that New York is the center of the universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    100% agreed. I've always been irritated by Marvel's insistence that New York is the center of the universe.
    That seems to be a general theme of the domestic media. If it doesn't happen in New York City, who cares ? Irks me the most during the World Series when neither of the New York teams, the Mets, or Yankees, don't get to the World Series. With all the sports guys more often than residents of the City That Never Sleeps their enthusiasm drops quite visibly. Besides, it's also looked as the seat of Western Civilization, so it makes a logical target.