Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hickman Avengers vs. the Greek Pantheon

The Hickman Avengers battle the Greek Pantheon in the usual Khazan Arena. For purposes of this discussion, the Greek Pantheon consists of the following deities:

Zeus
    Hera
    Apollo
    Athena
    Poseidon
    Demeter
    Ares
    Aphrodite
    Hermes
    Artemis
    Hephaestus
    Dionysius
    Pluto

Given that some of these Gods may be lacking in feats in the Marvel Universe, make these deities all DC/Marvel composites.

Who wins?

Well.. It's Zeus.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

are these the actual original mythical Greek gods? or the marvel/dc comic versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    are these the actual original mythical Greek gods? or the marvel/dc comic versions?
    Marvel/DC versions.

Read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by From the OP
    make these deities all DC/Marvel composites.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

they are the comic versions
    its better that way given the mythical versions would be fuckstomped by the current avengers line up, with several members soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Marvel/DC versions.
    Stomp, big time.

Zeus (though lighter on feats) has always been presented as Odin's equal and has done shit like completely ignoring the combined assault of Thor, Monica Rambeau, Namor and She-Hulk, plus laying down a vicious beatdown on the Hulk etc

Well, he didn't 'ignore' Monica, and Thor noted some nonsense about his never having been hit so hard or somesuch bilge, but her best shot certainly didn't put him down.

Can Zeus shrug off a blast from Starbrand? What about a blitz by Hyperion?

Pretty much, yeah. He could.

For what it's worth

Can Zeus shrug off a blast from Starbrand? What about a blitz by Hyperion?
    IIRC, Zeus fought Thor for .. a considerable span of months and the fight ended with Zeus no worse for wear or otherwise injured in any way shape or form (pretty sure he wasn't trying, otherwise that's some seriously iffy stuff for Thor, like SMvFL iffy). He'll be just fine here, even if we just grant him "I hit the Hulk so hard I literally overloaded his healing factor" strength.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    IIRC, Zeus fought Thor for .. a considerable span of months and the fight ended with Zeus no worse for wear or otherwise injured in any way shape or form (pretty sure he wasn't trying, otherwise that's some seriously iffy stuff for Thor, like SMvFL iffy). He'll be just fine here, even if we just grant him "I hit the Hulk so hard I literally overloaded his healing factor" strength.
    That sounds familiar. Was that Thor Annual #8?

Somehow I was under the impression that Odin was somewhat more powerful than the other SkyFathers. Didn't he have a special role involving their contingency plan against the Celestials?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yeah, he didn't want to hurt Thor, thus didn't even try.
    While he was completely unfazed at the end, Thor was pretty much on his knees and out of power.

That sounds familiar. Was that Thor Annual #8?

Somehow I was under the impression that Odin was somewhat more powerful than the other SkyFathers. Didn't he have a special role involving their contingency plan against the Celestials?
    Odin has better feats, and was the dude who tried to create Tenga Toppen Destroyer Lagann against the Celestials. Which ... ended horribly for him, and got every Asgardian save a few murdered, but HEY, points for the attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, he didn't want to hurt Thor, thus didn't even try.
    While he was completely unfazed at the end, Thor was pretty much on his knees and out of power.
    He wasn't that bad off, IIRC(?) but was definitely like "bro, it's been something like 9 months. Can we stop?" Even Cthulhu would need a nap after 9 months of non-stop fighting.

Arx Inosaan