Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I think in a non-Apocalyptic/non-Dystopian future you'd have the following:

1) The original X-Men reunited in common cause. I'm sick to death of Cyclops being a mini-Magneto. Have Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, and the real Jean Grey back, alive, and in harmony.

2) Have the school in Westchester be a school that takes all "gifted students": mutants, super-powered, or just academically gifted. Have it be a premiere preparatory school that students compete for admittance.

3) Have the X-Men be an official sanctioned group like the Avengers operating under the umbrella of S.H.I.E.L.D.

4) Have with some of the first couple of generation of X-Men/New Mutants get their happy endings. Have Cyclops and Jean married again and have two small children named Nathan and Rachel. Have Angel regain his "self" and settle down with one of his true loves. Have Iceman and Shadowcat mend the rift that Bendis caused.

5) The older generation with the exception of those who don't really age like Wolverine be moved firmly to being mentors/teachers or as general goodwill ambassadors. Have younger mutants step into the leadership roles that they've longed for and craved. Have Husk as one of the field leaders of the X-Men. Have Quentin Quire finally find his own beliefs instead of parroting whatever revolutionary thinker of the day. Have some of the villains truly reform and be a positive force for change.

That is what I could come up with in just a few minutes.
    Love these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

Warren Worthington III and Elizabeth Braddock are the new Brangelina. Both are famous movie stars, Braddock of the martial arts variety.
    Absolutely love this. Although I think Elizabeth would be a far greater actress.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    Trust me you are NOT the only one.
    Wow. Thanks for giving this thread a bump. I honestly forgot I started it. Might have been a good discussion to have during the last sterilization plot. But I think the future for the X-men is a bit less dire now with RessurXion going so strong. It can still go wrong very quickly, but I'm a bit more optimistic about the future of the X-books these days. And compared to three years ago, it's definitely less dystopian.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow. Thanks for giving this thread a bump. I honestly forgot I started it. Might have been a good discussion to have during the last sterilization plot. But I think the future for the X-men is a bit less dire now with RessurXion going so strong. It can still go wrong very quickly, but I'm a bit more optimistic about the future of the X-books these days. And compared to three years ago, it's definitely less dystopian.
    Well, it has been like almost three years.

Ultimate Member

I do love the idea of integration. Too much of X-history has been about 'mutant homelands' or ghetto-ization of mutants into closed societies (or schools, or X-clubs, or whatever segregationist nonsense is the cause du jour).

This New Tian business seems like more of the same bad idea. "I am impressed Herr Captain. We Nazis spent vast resources rounding up all the undesirables and degenerates into special camps, so that we could concentrate them in one place and deal with them all at once, and you've somehow got these mutants doing, what do the kids call it, 'self-deportation!'"

While the execution was lacking, the Uncanny Avengers idea seems like a good start. (Same with Angel's original idea for the Champions, and him and Bobby later joining the Defenders, or Hank joining the Avengers, putting their mutant chocolate all up in everybody else's superhero peanut butter.)

Get a few mutants onto every team. Get a few *non* mutants onto every X-team (there's plenty of precedent for that, with Mimic, Warlock, Longshot, Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, Omega Sentinel, Danger, etc. some of which call themselves 'mutants' but really kind of aren't). Mix things up. No more segregation. No more ghettos. No more 'mutant girls can only date mutant boys.'